• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sophia

Anyone wanna avatar bet on how many months specifically? (¬◡¬)

sonia_16wksew.png

NO MORE AVATAR BETTING~!

Weiss

Banned
Free at last, and at a point where I'm addicted to Undertale and Steven Universe.

I'm trying to have reasonable expectations, but if Persona 5 isn't literally the single greatest artistic achievement in human history I'm going to be pretty bummed out.

DNAbro

I like all the Undertale avatars that are appearing here now.

Seriously go play Undertale if you haven't. GOTY

seriously

DNAbro

Not till the hype has gone extinct and I happen across it in a museum some day.

Oh don't you even!
I just want to experience it in as much of a vacuum as possible.
Also, I'm finally making progress in my backlog.

200.gif

seriously though i doubt anybody here would regret it. I know you guys like good rpgs.

Sophia

Every time someone tries to recommend something to me, it's always after I had just spent money on something else someone recommended to me before! Case in point: I just spent all my spare money on Danganronpa and now everyone is recommending me Undertale. ;_;

I should just stick with Atlus games forever. Then I wouldn't be in such despair.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Every time someone tries to recommend something to me, it's always after I had just spent money on something else someone recommended to me before! Case in point: I just spent all my spare money on Danganronpa and now everyone is recommending me Undertale. ;_;

I should just stick with Atlus games forever. Then I wouldn't be in such despair.

P5 is in 2016.

PK Gaming

I like all the Undertale avatars that are appearing here now.

Seriously go play Undertale if you haven't. GOTY

seriously

From my experience saying this sort of thing doesn't entice people into playing awesome games

In fact more often than not it makes them not want to play

So instead it's better to focus our efforts into mocking them for missing out

Ohohohohohohohohohohohoho

Squire

Banned
From my experience saying this sort of thing doesn't entice people into playing awesome games

I wish it were not so.

It's something I was guilty of indulging in my past, so I can't be too indignant. That said, I truly and honestly feel sorry for anyone who passes up Undertale based on preconceived notions.
I had a friend play for an hour or so and they asked me "what's so special about this?"

Didn't know how to answer that.

Sophia

You are correct: Hype Backlash and Hype Aversion.

P5 is in 2016.

I'm okay with this if it means we get one of the most feature complete and balanced Persona games ever.

Squire

Banned
It's something I was guilty of indulging in my past, so I can't be too indignant. That said, I truly and honestly feel sorry for anyone who passes up Undertale based on preconceived notions.

Same. I think we should all actively try to break ourselves of the habit of reacting this way. We'll all be better for it.

Especially when you consider the specifics of the pre-judgement. What are they in this instance? That Undertale is good and funny? I think it is. So why wouldn't you want to play something like that?

I think it's a different problem from tempering your expectations for something. It's about thinking "there's a fervor around this, so I won't engage with it." It's just kind of... curmudgeonly and illogical.

Like a lot of the Internet.

DNAbro

One of my friends on twitter kept talking about this game and how great it was. At first I was like "the hell is that? it can't be that great if i haven't heard of it." they liked it so much they were offering up free copies of the game to people. Eventually I got curious enough to look it up and realized "oh shit this game might be right up my alley". Saw the slight comparisons to SMT and Earthbound and also saw the later fights and eventually knew I had to get it.

People's hype can often times make you not want to play but for a game like this where some people haven't really heard or gave it a chance, I'm glad the crazy fans made me pay attention.

Makio

I dont even remember what avatar i have in here before i have to pay 2 avatar bets in a row (kanamin meat heifer and dunce hat one) i think thats enough avatar bets for me at least this year.

Since i use Marie in my dunce hat one , i going to keep her she is the best girl in Persona 4 after all
more like 3rd favorite behind Rise and Yukiko

I dont even remember what avatar i have in here before i have to pay 2 avatar bets in a row (kanamin meat heifer and dunce hat one) i think thats enough avatar bets for me at least this year.

Since i use Marie in my dunce hat one , i going to keep her she is the best girl in Persona 4 after all
more like 3rd favorite behind Rise and Yukiko

You're alright.

Gecoma

I was watching some Persona Q videos and:

1. watching a Rise video, Ashly Burch does a good imitation in P4DAN. Didn't realize exactly how similar it was
  2. I don't care for Naoto's voice in this game
  3. nor do I care for Fuuka's :(

Also I like this mix.

But Fuuka's is so much better! & while Naoto's took a while to get used to I really think it fits her character now. Anyone know if it's the same VA in DAN?

But Fuuka's is so much better! & while Naoto's took a while to get used to I really think it fits her character now. Anyone know if it's the same VA in DAN?

I think it is. I like her in Arena and DAN, Q not so much. Also, Fuuka is best
human
girl, in P3 and in Q it's just waaaaaaay different, same with Naoto.

I wonder why Mary Elizabeth McGlynn didn't carry on for Naoto, she was almost spot on, IIRC

Gecoma

I think it is. I like her in Arena and DAN, Q not so much. Also, Fuuka is best
human
girl, in P3 and in Q it's just waaaaaaay different, same with Naoto.

I wonder why Mary Elizabeth McGlynn didn't carry on for Naoto, she was almost spot on, IIRC

I thought we didn't know who her original VA was?

I thought we didn't know who her original VA was?

That's her anime VA.

That. Forgot to mention it. My bad.

Watched some clips from PS2 and Animation and it is closer the Arem's (at least in Q), but
you can still hear the difference.

And I'm staring to hear Quark less in Fitzgerald's Chie. Which is a good thing because fuck Quark.

Watched the good ending of Catherine the other day and I was wondering why most of the characters sounded familiar. All but 2 of them were from either P3 or P4.

Lunar15

Well, that's a lesson learned. Never bet on John Hardin when Avatars are on the line!

Anywho, looked around to see if there were any P5 avatars I liked and couldn't find any. So, back to serious face Ike for now. It is the 10th anniversary of PoR after all...

Should I continue holding out for a Persona 5 Limited Edition PS4/Bundle?

There are a few games coming out before P5 I may want to get the PS4 in advance for... so I'm not sure.

Dugna

Should I continue holding out for a Persona 5 Limited Edition PS4/Bundle?

There are a few games coming out before P5 I may want to get the PS4 in advance for... so I'm not sure.

it has a higher chance of happening then most bundles, I mean heck even P4DAN got a LE Vita so P5 their main game should definitely get a LE PS4

Fordy

I have a newborn child so its handheld gaming for now. Been toying with starting P4G on the Vita as I picked it up cheap in a sale.

Is this a game you can chip away in short bursts?

Do I need to have played the previous games to appreciate this one?

I hear its a 100hr game - is this true?

I'm not one for mega grindy games - will I hate this?

Thanks

I have a newborn child so its handheld gaming for now. Been toying with starting P4G on the Vita as I picked it up cheap in a sale.

Thanks

Yes
No
More like 60
No grinding required if you play like a normal person.

Thanks

1. Yes, you can.
  2. You will understand some references if you've played past games. (You also may want to save the best for last, since P4G is the most polished Persona game so far)
  3. P4G tends to be shorter since it has a few new time-saving features. It also has a new dungeon however, so expect around 78 - 85H of playtime.
  4. This game is not grindy, in my experience.

Thanks

Largely.

No.

No, but it's still long.

Nah, P4G's comparatively a cakewalk.

Enjoy.

Thanks

1. Yes, very much so

2. No, the stories are mostly unconnected

3. Almost, it takes ~70 hours for a first playthrough

4. Not really. You shouldn't have to do any extra "grinding" and easy mode is a cakewalk if you want.

Thanks guys, I'll get cracking. I've heard the first bit is a bit slow but will roll with it.

People say so, but it isn't really slow as much as it is just story without much action from the player. But much of the game is like that. If you aren't looking for something story-focused this isn't the game to play.

Top Bottom