• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Meia

Waiting for that sweet sweet Collector's Edition for Persona 5.

It's been one of the more annoying things about the delay. Don't have a PS4 yet, want to wait until P5 almost releases in case they do a black and red Persona 5 themed PS4, so now won't get one til late next year. Bleh.

Weiss

Banned
I figure by next year there will be enough quality games on the PS4 that I can justify purchasing one. P5's just one more on the pile.

Is it the Quark I'm thinking of? Cause I've never heard anything like Armin Shimmerman from Erin's Chie.
Nope, she voiced Quark in Virtue's last reward. While not the first thing I heard her in, its the only thing I hear now.

Which is weird because until P4, I never heard it in any other character she voiced.

How come we have never gotten some of the SMT/Persona Q/DeSu mangas in the west?

crunchyroll has 'em. didn't realize they had manga. might need to resub.

man, i got my payment request for my Gekkoukan Chie figure. i wish i would paid upfront when the yen was still like 124:1. :/

actually, that would've only saved me a dollar.
now wheres mah Gekkoukan Naoto?!

P3 and P4 side of Persona Q are on Crunchyroll at least, although there was another one called "Roundabout" which hasn't got a localisation yet.

and the first volume of the Devil Survivor manga just got an English release the other week.

daevious

Nope, she voiced Quark in Virtue's last reward. While not the first thing I heard her in, its the only thing I hear now.

Which is weird because until P4, I never heard it in any other character she voiced.

I really need to play the Zero Escape series, but my backlog is already monstrously huge as it is. ;_:

I really need to play the Zero Escape series, but my backlog is already monstrously huge as it is. ;_:

I loved 999. Picked it up because people here were saying how good it was. VLR, while I enjoyed it, seemed a bit out there for me. Same with Danganronpa. Hopefully ZE3 gets a bit more grounded. I actually beat VLR twice, first on 3DS and second on Vita. Make time for these, even if you play for like 30 min a day.

Redhood

How are the arena games? Story wise?

Ultimax is on sale at playasia! Add 10$ for First arena dlc its about $26.99 for the full thing.

How are the arena games? Story wise?

Ultimax is on sale at playasia! Add 10$ for First arena dlc its about $26.99 for the full thing.
worth it. Arena is an extremely solid sidestory and adds labrys, the best new character. Ultimax is definitely disappointing after that, but still has its moments

Balance has been restored.

You sure? You're not looking too cheery about it...

aC0Xwzm.jpg

That's the spirit!

There are two types of people. Those who take avatar bets, and those smart enough not to take them (i'm always late to the current PGAF topics)

There are two types of people. Those who take avatar bets, and those smart enough not to take them (i'm always late to the current PGAF topics)
I would say it was considerably easier of a bet to make. There was no fuzziness, it was a "clear" 50/50 choice. If it was anything like guessing the month or week P5 released (do not do that) I believe there would have been a lot less dunce hats floating about.

Three actually, there are those who just want to have fun. I just entered because the dunce hats avatar were fun, if the avatar was something in bad taste I'd have passed.

I think I'll go hunt down that Aegis figma if I can...

9DEAA566-5BEC-4D80-A209-B637BAA38C9B_zpsbjibdnpi.jpg

I got that figma the other day. One of his elbow joints snapped off instantly, but I got a replacement. Very fun, except now I'm terrified of all his other joints.

Arena was peppered with fun moments. Ultimax had one that got rained on by our heroes. :|

I'll put it like this. Arena is roughly 25-30 hours long, but I doubt it has enough material to fill even a 12 episode anime series. Characters will talk or think in circles and twiddle their thumbs endlessly. The padding to substance ratio is seriously lopsided, and I thought the story mode was mostly just really boring because of it.

I'll put it like this. Arena is roughly 25-30 hours long, but I doubt it has enough material to fill even a 12 episode anime series. Characters will talk or think in circles and twiddle their thumbs endlessly. The padding to substance ratio is seriously lopsided, and I thought the story mode was mostly just really boring because of it.

Can't argue with that.
Still, better boring than insulting.

EDIT:
Youtube doubler makes doing stuff like that so easy.

Top Bottom