• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sölf;184090241 said:
Hard. I found normal in P4G too easy, so I just went with hard this time. Not really the best decision in retrospec, because I don't enjoy the overall game as much.

That might be why I don't really spend money, I'm on normal.

Sophia

Sölf;184090241 said:
Hard. I found normal in P4G too easy, so I just went with hard this time. Not really the best decision in retrospec, because I don't enjoy the overall game as much.

Yeah, P3's difficulty settings aren't as imbalanced as P4G is, even in P3P. Normal is actually normal here.

Money is also a lot more brutal in hard mode, especially if you're making use of the Persona Compendium which charges MUCH more on hard difficulty.

Playing through both P3 and P4 on normal, the one thing that always happens is that I completely run out of money between dungeons.

I never come out of a dungeon with much more than 200-300k, and everything is always completely spent after 4-5 fusions and a few weeks of Tanaka. I can't afford any equipment or items from the normal shops, ever.

P4G NG+ I plan to set max money drops and everything else to very hard, and see how this playstyle works out.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Anybody in the UK got their copy of P4D yet? I got an email from Nisa last night about my SE being dispatched, so I'm optimistic that it might be waiting for me when I get home.

Dantis

It's possible that Soejima only did the lineart for the character portraits just like in P2 where was responsible for the shading. That being said, Soejima already changed his shading style for P4U.

The portraits for Caroline and Justine were revealed during the last livestream.
I'm inclined to say that they're still Soejima. The colouring style is in line with his recent illustrations.

Sölf

Yeah, P3's difficulty settings aren't as imbalanced as P4G is, even in P3P. Normal is actually normal here.

Money is also a lot more brutal in hard mode, especially if you're making use of the Persona Compendium which charges MUCH more on hard difficulty.

I haven't really used that Compendium yet, only twice. Once to somehow get Null Rage for
the boss at 252
and to get the Attis (?), the Pentagon Fusion Hanged Man. He is more or less the only one of all those fusions which I can create, because for all others I am missing at least one or they ae still too high level.

I also still have quite a few cards, which I haven't really used yet. So I can probably make 1 or 2 of my Personas pretty strong. xD

MSMrRound

12111968_725805894191027_1440527508164580726_n.jpg

That Lotus Juice.

Anybody in the UK got their copy of P4D yet? I got an email from Nisa last night about my SE being dispatched, so I'm optimistic that it might be waiting for me when I get home.

Mine got dispatched yesterday as well, though since they're using DPD for whatever reason it will take a while to get here in the Netherlands...

12BoM

A tease might be shown at the playstation experience but most likely a random conference that atlus will announce in the future. The delay makes me think it will start appearing round spring.

Yeah, I was thinking about showing an english version of the tgs trailer at psx, along with projected US release date

FluxWaveZ

So... when do you guys think we'll see the game next?

Tomorrow.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel winter 2014... and 2015... even late 2015. The release dates I've lost... the bets I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our game.

Yeah, I was thinking about showing an english version of the tgs trailer at psx, along with projected US release date

Tgs english trailer does sound the most logical option to go so fingers crossed. Being from the uk, even im hoping for just the US release date to be announced and hopefully within the same frame as japan.

MudoSkills

My copy of P4D turned up! Goodbye friends and family, you will not be seeing me again for some time.

Kazzy

My copy of P4D turned up! Goodbye friends and family, you will not be seeing me again for some time.

Have fun!

...But maybe you'll be back sooner that you think!

The novelty ran dry very quickly for me, because I don't find the actual rhythm mechanics to be that good. Looks great, has awesome fan-service, the music is excellent, but damn it, once I get to the part where you actually have to play it, that all falls away.

I've repeatedly tried to give it another go, but I think that the main problem is that I'm a fan of the genre in general, which shines a light on just how shallow an experience it is. Well, at least for me.

MudoSkills

I've only played a couple of songs so far. Looks amazing but the scratch notes are already getting on my tits because they tend to come from nowhere - which is exactly what I said since they first posted the tutorial video.

When I get serious about scoring I'll probably have to dim the background, which is a shame.

Playing thru PQ right now and I must say... I really digging it!! Really love the art style and battle system.

I honestly like PQ's battle system more than Etrian Odyssey's, and the battle system and dungeons are the only things I'm really a fan of from EO
which is why I don't buy them anymore.

Dantis

Did Meguro compose Blues in the Velvet Room? The jamming sounds like him, but I thought he didn't do the arranged albums.

Either way, I'd love some stuff like this in P5. I feel like it fits the vibe.
Meguro did the arrange albums, but that's from the P3 OST anyway, which is also Meguro.

Kitajoh did the instrumental tracks on P4 arrange, so that's what you'll be thinking of.

Sölf

So, after finally finishing P3P after ~60 hours (without the challenge rooms and stuff), I now started PQ. Insane as I am, I choose P4 side on Risky. Already died once because of this to like the last group of enemies I had on the first floor. xD
Well, let's see how far I can get here.

Sölf

Remind me please why I thought playing Q on Risky was a good idea. xD
Oh god, these nomal enemies are insane. Srsly, that's way harder than anything this early in any of the EO games.

So, I almost broke my P4D cd case, because for whatever reason the hinge to get to the second cd wasn't on this side (like the American version), but on this side.
Yes, I had to look up how to open it. Never seen the hinge on that side before. :|
Honestly assumed the cases would be the same, but apparently not.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Honestly assumed the cases would be the same, but apparently not.

Yeah, I guess NISA had to have more CDs made in Europe and they swapped the hinge. I've never had any issues with cases like that, but for those who grew up almost exclusively with MP3s, I can understand the confusion.

MudoSkills

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the story mode in P4D appears to be pretty fucking stupid.

Also, good luck hitting scratch notes if you've got the speed up + fade out modifiers on - yeesh.

Yeah, I guess NISA had to have more CDs made in Europe and they swapped the hinge. I've never had any issues with cases like that, but for those who grew up almost exclusively with MP3s, I can understand the confusion.

Well, it shouldn't be a problem anymore now that I know these exist. ;)

cheez124

hey everyone, new guy here, just thought i'd introduce myself. i played and finished P4G last year and absolutely loved it, and i'm slowly, but surely working on finishing P3 and PQ, lol.

speaking of P3, i actually have a question; i'm on the day before one of the full moon operations, but i'd still like to do some grinding in tartarus to level up. if my party members end up getting tired, they'll still be available for the full moon boss, right?

hey everyone, new guy here, just thought i'd introduce myself. i played and finished P4G last year and absolutely loved it, and i'm slowly, but surely working on finishing P3 and PQ, lol.

speaking of P3, i actually have a question; i'm on the day before one of the full moon operations, but i'd still like to do some grinding in tartarus to level up. if my party members end up getting tired, they'll still be available for the full moon boss, right?

Welcome to PersonaGAF.

Also sorry, but I don't know if tiredness goes away for full moon bosses. The only time I'm certain that happens is
the final boss.
:/

Sölf

Beat the first boss in PQ. Just barely, because my poison wouldn't want to work. Since both teams have joined me now, I have a question regarding all those members:
Do they get EXP? Or does only the active team gets EXP? I already know everyone gets EXP for the requests, but I still probably need to juggle quite a bit. Kanji, Teddie and Rei & Zen are only level 8 so far, the others are 10-12.

Sölf;184360391 said:
Beat the first boss in PQ. Just barely, because my poison wouldn't want to work. Since both teams have joined me now, I have a question regarding all those members:
Do they get EXP? Or does only the active team gets EXP? I already know everyone gets EXP for the requests, but I still probably need to juggle quite a bit. Kanji, Teddie and Rei & Zen are only level 8 so far, the others are 10-12.

Only active members and those you give exp-sharing accessories to.

Sölf;184360676 said:
Welp, okay. Seems I have to juggle my team then quite often.

Actually, the best thing to do is pick a team and stick with it. The fact that everyone gets sub personas easy balances out any character differences.

Sölf;184360676 said:
Welp, okay. Seems I have to juggle my team then quite often.

Yeah, I did this my first playthrough.

Then on my second, I just went with the Overpowered Five the whole time.

Yu, Aegis, Kanji, Makoto, Naoto.

PK Gaming

Sölf;184361426 said:
BUT I LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY!!1 :( :( :(

Edit: Yep, Risky it is.

You definitely won't be able to keep everyone evenly leveled on Risky, lol

You've got some breathing room since you picked Narukami as a lead but you probably want to stick to the best characters.

Hmm, as the Persona 4 Dancing PAL release approaches, I think I'm going to skip it.

I'm not really that into rhythm games outside of Rhythm Heaven for how quirky and fun it is, so I was really just buying the game because it's Persona.

But you know what I've realised, I like Persona because it's an RPG, so why should I buy this rhythm spin off? I'm not a fool that just buys anything because it says Persona on the box!

It feels good to realise this.

Cue everyone telling me I'm a fool and P4DAN is amazing so I break down and buy it

Top Bottom