• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Luke_Wal

I'm 45 hours into P4G; finished the main story and it looks like all I have left is
Marie's dungeon,
because Christmas has come and go. I feel like it's kind of dragging its feet after the main story ended, and I'm almost ready for it to be over.

Anybody else feeling a little weird that one of their most anticipated games is an anime dancing game? Core Persona is already kind of far from what I normally play; being this excited about a Hatsune Miku clone feels really strange to me.

I'm 45 hours into P4G; finished the main story and it looks like all I have left is
Marie's dungeon,
because Christmas has come and go. I feel like it's kind of dragging its feet after the main story ended, and I'm almost ready for it to be over.

In vanilla P4 once you clear the December dungeon, the game skips ahead to your final day, so all of the content post December 24th is literally filler content for P4G. Its mainly there so people can max social links out.

Oh....on your last day, why not visit the food court instead of going home when it prompts you.......

Marie's dungeon,

Anybody else feeling a little weird that one of their most anticipated games is an anime dancing game? Core Persona is already kind of far from what I normally play; being this excited about a Hatsune Miku clone feels really strange to me.

If you like P4's brand of fluff, there's a fair amount of that coming up for the next ten hours or so.

The dancing game is really fun and solid, but it doesn't have as much content as I'd like in my rhythm games. Definitely not a time sink of Project Diva proportions.

Luke_Wal

In vanilla P4 once you clear the December dungeon, the game skips ahead to your final day, so all of the content post December 24th is literally filler content for P4G. Its mainly there so people can max social links out.

Oh....on your last day, why not visit the food court instead of going home when it prompts you.......

.... I didn't even realize you could be doing social links right now. I thought I had read that social links were over at the end of November, but I guess that was all vanilla P4 information. This becomes a little less boring.

Jachaos

.... I didn't even realize you could be doing social links right now. I thought I had read that social links were over at the end of November, but I guess that was all vanilla P4 information. This becomes a little less boring.

In Golden you can also do something very useful in January if you've maxed out S. Links with party members. Go talk to them. You'll see.

(They'll come to you asking to hang out during lunch even if you're maxed. Do it.)

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
got her.
CLwOK8PUkAALOsE.jpg

Dantis

Marie's dance is the worst. That and the lack of a strong rhythm in Break Out Of make it really not fun for me to play.

I really like those recolours, but I kind of think they should have just gone the whole hog and made entire crossover outfits. Some of them are really close as it is.

I mean, would it have killed them to make Kanji's jacket a bit longer? To give Naoto a skirt? To give Rise a tie?

Almost seems weird not to do those things, really.
Agreed. And it's bizarre that Rise is wearing a cardigan with a furry collar when neither Rise or Ayase have worn that.

Never mind, that's her midwinter jacket.

Makio

Marie's dance is the worst. That and the lack of a strong rhythm in Break Out Of make it really not fun for me to play.

Holy shit .. are you serious , Marie is maybe one of my favorite because despite the "professional dancers" choreography from the Investigation Team.

This one dont look like a choreography at all , looks spontaneous , genuine and like someone only getting lose to the rhythm.

And boy Marie just frickin lose it , she enjoy it way too much (that smile) and that's why i love it so much , watching her enjoy the dance so much breaking his questionable character and mood from always was a great surprise.

And for talking for the worst dance in the game that goes to
Teddie
or
Adachi
for sure.

Holy shit .. are you serious , Marie is maybe one of my favorite because despite the "professional dancers" choreography from the Investigation Team.

This one dont look like a choreography at all , looks spontaneous , genuine and like someone only getting lose to the rhythm.

And boy Marie just frickin lose it , she enjoy it way too much (that smile) and that's why i love it so much , watching her enjoy the dance so much breaking his questionable character and mood from always was a great surprise.

And for talking for the worst dance in the game that goes to
Teddie
or
Adachi
for sure.

The way I see it is that hers and
Adachis
are the worst dances from a dancing perspective, but from a character perspective, they're perfect!

Makio

The way I see it is that hers and
Adachis
are the worst dances from a dancing perspective, but from a character perspective, they're perfect!

I know that was Dantis meant ... i think , of course for a dance perspective that dont look like a good dance at all.

But this is a game when supposedly people who never dance before have to bust out some moves thanks to the situation.

I get Rise and Kanamin moving like professionals since they live / work from that, but see a Narukami , Yosuke or Naoto moving so coordinated and professional is funny as hell

That why i like Marie and
Adachi
so much because thats how suppose characters not are meant to dance have to look dancing

Makio

I can't tell if Marie is good now or if Atlus are just utilising her better.

Im not sure either , i only know i absolute love her in DAN , something didnt happen in Ultimax or her animation series (P4 Golden Animation).

But i really like her since always , i like her in P4 Golden too

In other topic, i cant wait to see (and hear) that Hatsune Miku trailer or gameplay video ... im really curious about "her take" of Heaven.

That image manages to be even better in context because it's Marie going "Shit, you saw me failing around like an idiot?" when Margaret joins in.

She was never as bad as some people made her out to be, at least in my eyes, but she's really being used a bit better.

daevious

Atlus is using her better. Seeing as she's gradually getting more of an actual personality than just being an extra social link. :p

Persona Q's really the big turn around into her being decent by making it more obvious that her poetry is meant to be bad.
"It's the screams of my pathos" perfectly sums her up.

Which corners of the internet do you intend to hide in once P5 story leaks start happening?

I think I'll just avoid everything Persona related, I'm planning to play through it pretty fast so I doubt that any major spoilers will leak through the more mainstream places of the internet, especially since Persona doesn't have that big of a playerbase, at least compared to other games like The Witcher 3 or something, I've avoided everything Witcher related and I know literally nothing about the story so I doubt it will be any different with Persona.

Dancing All Night's models genuinely look nicer to me than Persona 5's, though tbf we haven't gotten many good close up screenshots.

We haven't gotten any really great looks at the Persona 5 Party Members in game yet, so I'd hold off on that.

From what I've seen, they look similar in scale, and aesthetically speaking I prefer the P5 crew more already.

Flux posted about how TGS is between the second and final days of the Persona Live Show, so if anything, we'll get teased about info in early September at one of the live shows, then there'll be a blowout at TGS itself.

I'm not even sure Sony will show it off.
Maybe Atlus will do it themselves at their booth.

If Persona 5 is going to be at TGS, I'd expect a trailer for that, and possibly the new Vanillaware project during Sony's show, then any smaller projects and more details during their own event.

Last year Atlus had their own section of SEGA's stream where they delivered most of their news, which was Etrian Odyssey 2 footage, talking about the Persona 5 trailer, a new P4D trailer and the delay announcement, and the revival of Break Record. Although there's no guarantee that they will pull something similar this year.

Lunar15

I don't expect anything at TGS proper. It could happen, but Atlus isn't consistent with TGS.

However, if we don't see anything in magazines around that time or before the middle of September, it's absolutely time to hit the panic button.

The schedule I have in my head for their marketing has them making an announcement in the end of August/early September just going by all of the previous clues we've been given. If we go off track there, then something is seriously wrong and we're not seeing this game in 2015 in any territory.

FluxWaveZ

The schedule I have in my head for their marketing has them making an announcement in the end of August/early September just going by all of the previous clues we've been given. If we go off track there, then something is seriously wrong and we're not seeing this game in 2015 in any territory.

Which clues?

DNAbro

I don't expect anything at TGS proper. It could happen, but Atlus isn't consistent with TGS.

However, if we don't see anything in magazines around that time or before the middle of September, it's absolutely time to hit the panic button.

I don't think they will wait till TGS itself. Sony's show was early-ish September last year. I expect the same, trailer with release date on it. Big blowout afterwards.

I didn't like her social links at all in P4G. She never felt like a character to me, she was just shoved in (and my first P4 experience was P4G)

Now she's much more tolerable to me

Which corners of the internet do you intend to hide in once P5 story leaks start happening?

I'm actually not. I'm avoiding the big spoilers though, i don't wanna learn plot points, but that's about it. I'm not actively looking for anything either. As much as i love persona...P5 isn't on my radar. It's taking too long, i've been hyped before and my hype just died off after a while of nothing but fluff from Atlus...it'll come out when it comes out, and i'll enjoy it and binge the game whenever it comes out

I also joined Persona REALLY late, so while everyone wants P5 ASAP, i'm still content with more P3/4 because i haven't had 8 or so years to experience the casts

Top Bottom