• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

cj_iwakura

Project Diva has its hits and misses, but the hits are fantastic(especially the dramatic tracks), and the videos have style to spare.

My favorite rhythm game remains Space Channel 5, and style is a huge part of why.

todd360

I watched Winter of Rebirth on Sunday. It's pretty forgettable.

I was about to agree with you and then realized your talking about the newest movie. I thought the third movie was the worst of the first three. I didn't hate it or anything. It was just kinda boring. Maybe it's because there was a lot of down time and I already know what's going to happen.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Never heard of Superbeat Xonic, just watched the trailer on the website and was getting serious DJ Max vibes from it - lo and behold 'developed by Nurijoy, a company formed by former employees of Pentavision'.

Buying now, thanks for the recommendation.

Have you seen the previous movies in the series? The consensus I've read was that P3M4 was the best yet.

I only watched the first (didn't think much of it either), and skipped 2 and 3. I don't know, I just have a tendency to not enjoy videogame adaptations as much, perhaps? Like, I'm more willing to suspend disbelief for a game for the sake of gameplay than for a movie.

I didn't really feel anything when the credits rolled (besides
nostalgia while Kimi no Kioku was playing
, as compared to how sad I was when I completed the original game. It's unfair to compare an 80-hour RPG to a 90-minute movie, admittedly.

FluxWaveZ

I only watched the first (didn't think much of it either), and skipped 2 and 3. I don't know, I just have a tendency to not enjoy videogame adaptations as much, perhaps? Like, I'm more willing to suspend disbelief for a game for the sake of gameplay than for a movie.

I didn't really feel anything when the credits rolled (besides
nostalgia while Kimi no Kioku was playing
, as compared to how sad I was when I completed the original game. It's unfair to compare an 80-hour RPG to a 90-minute movie, admittedly.

Ah, that's about what I thought. I loved Persona 3 The Movie #1, really enjoyed P3M2, and thought P3M3 was the worst yet (but still good). If one didn't like P3M1 and skipped P3M2 and P3M3, I'd fully expect them to not like P3M4.

Edgelord. Probably my least favourite so far, facial expression seems.....off.

CZpKm0iXEAA-O1H.jpg:large

FluxWaveZ

The March 2016 issue of Newtype magazine (releasing on February 10) will feature a Persona 3 The Movie #4 pin-up.[/QUOTE]

Knew the source was right. Finally managed to track it down, with the help of two other people. It's Aigis and Makoto looking up at cherry blossoms.

The March 2016 issue of Newtype magazine (releasing on February 10) will feature a Persona 3 The Movie #4 pin-up.

This was a P4G one from the magazine in September 2014:

I'm not exactly the leading authority on pin-ups, but isn't all that text counterproductive for something like that?

Considering that Marie is basically Hot Topic incarnate, that's not really a compliment.

That's actually why I kinda dug her in PQ. With no terrible story to tell, she was free to just hang around, write terrible poetry pathos, and be that embarrassing teen archetype we haven't seen much of in the series. She was way too busy being Shadow the Hedgehog in P4G for that aspect of her to really shine through.

daevious

That's actually why I kinda dug her in PQ. With no terrible story to tell, she was free to just hang around, write terrible poetry pathos, and be that embarrassing teen archetype we haven't seen much of in the series. She was way too busy being Shadow the Hedgehog in P4G for that aspect of her to really shine through.

Even DAN managed to bring out the "awkward teen" part of Marie's character out just through her reaction to Margaret appearing as a partner.

For all that we bash Marie, it's more because of how she's poorly handled rather than how terrible she is (though she's still kinda bad).

Even DAN managed to bring out the "awkward teen" part of Marie's character out just through her reaction to Margaret appearing as a partner.

For all that we bash Marie, it's more because of how she's poorly handled rather than how terrible she is (though she's still kinda bad).

I don't think so. The latter half of her social link (at least imo) is really good.

Though... there are certainly parts that are easy to make fun of... :p

EDIT:
i was just annoyed that all her s-links are like "you're hanging out with marie, when SUDDENLY, POWER OF FRIENDSHIP TIEM"

Nah, that's just the first half.

Jintor

i was just annoyed that all her s-links are like "you're hanging out with marie, when SUDDENLY, POWER OF FRIENDSHIP TIEM"

she's fun in pq tho

Mediking

I saw that Persona 3 Portable got a small price drop... I looked up a gameplay video and my heart melted. I saw Yukari and Junpei and heard some amazing music... I almost cried.
I'm so tempted to buy this game but my Persona (lol) keeps telling me that a special edition of Persona 3 is coming to PS4 this year and that should I wait.

Guess Who

Banned
I'm so tempted to buy this game but my Persona (lol) keeps telling me that a special edition of Persona 3 is coming to PS4 this year and that should I wait.

I would be very surprised if this happened, or if it did, if it'd be anything more than a FES remaster.

Also, keep shittalking Marie folks, I'm keeping names. The sinners will be judged.

cj_iwakura

The gas station attendant would have been a far, far better addition to the cast.

Mind you, I like Marie's design. I think she's attractive.

As long as she never talks. Ever.

Top Bottom