• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Drop

People really didn't realize the P Studio logo was a P??

I had never really looked at it for more than the small time spans it is shown in trailers so yeah, I hadn't realized that.
When I read the question I looked at it for a bit and I noticed what it is supposed to be, I guess I should pay more attention to this kind of things, but with so many logos that look like random things I tend to not question them too much.

FluxWaveZ

People really didn't realize the P Studio logo was a P??

Yep, and I had been looking at it for quite a while now (hell, I was one of the first who noticed it and my first post on NeoGAF was about it).

I suppose it's my extreme ISTJ tendencies at work this time, because I usually tend to just go with how details are presented without questioning them for a deeper meaning. So if I knew there was something odd with it, I would have taken the time and discovered it then, but the first thing I saw was a squiggle.

Mediking

I just bought Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Gravity Rush Remastered and the recent upcoming Naruto game!!! :D

FluxWaveZ

I feel like there's this weird, ongoing buzz around Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, even though it was released 2 years ago. From Wada stating that they're considering an update, to the manga, to P4AU being a PS+ game in February.

The next Persona Magazine releases next month. It'd contain very little, if all we considered was Persona 3 The Movie and the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax interview.

I'm probably biased, but the P-Studio logo is by far one of my favorite game company logos.

After actually seeing it, it's up there for me as well.

I feel like there's this weird, ongoing buzz around Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, even though it was released 2 years ago. From Wada stating that they're considering an update, to the manga, to P4AU being a PS+ game in February.

The next Persona Magazine releases next month. It'd contain very little, if all we considered was Persona 3 The Movie and the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax interview.

After actually seeing it, it's up there for me as well.

Oh nice, so we're almost certainly getting something before the 23rd then.

Lunar15

I'm still not sure if I find the logo's use of negative space clever or a little bit pretentious tbh. >_>;

Given how lame or uninteresting most game logos are, I'm going with clever. It's understated.

Also, I could have sworn we talked about the logo being a P when it was first unveiled.

I'm still not sure if I find the logo's use of negative space clever or a little bit pretentious tbh. >_>;

I find it a little half-assed. I would have expected a black outline so you can see the P. I never really cared about the logo in the first place, so it's neither surprising or interesting to me that it's actually a P. I just can't see it being clever if most people don't even see it right because the "P" is literally blending in with the rest of the white background. It doesn't look good in my opinion.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
A couple of people who happen to post in this thread failing to understand the logo suddenly translates to 'most people' not getting it?

It's a great logo.

A couple of people who happen to post in this thread failing to understand the logo suddenly translates to 'most people' not getting it?

It's a great logo.

It seems almost like a majority of posters is the thing

I guess it just depends on the person. I'm a designer so maybe I'm just more likely to see something like that.

I also asked two friends; one of them saw it and the other had never noticed.

FluxWaveZ

I think the logo also conveys the urban, modern style that P Studio's games and philosophy represent. It seems to be the general vibe for most of the iconography behind the studio.
rAd29Zv.jpg

It's a great logo.

I definitely think at least 1/2 of those who see it won't notice the P unless they take the time to unfold it properly. Part of why I like it.

Dantis

I'd put P-Studio's logo above most other game studio logos. (I also realised that it was a P immediately.)

I also drew robot Naoto. I was inspired by that picture someone put in here the other day.

KanameYuuki

Alright, I finally beat the game for reals, clocked at 92 hours, what a great game it was, easily one of my top 10 fav, I knew nothing about Persona before and now I'm quite exited for 5, I guess I finally got a ticket for the hype train.

So after P4G what comes next, what's the order, Arena, Ultimax, manga and so on?

I'm now going to see the anime and take a bit of a break before I start with clean up to get a platinum, once again a platinum to get for a game I loved, it's been quite a while for that.

Daily routine was, wake up/play it/work/ play on breaks/go back home/play/sleep (repeat) lol, insert some bathroom breaks and some food here and there.

Alright, I finally beat the game for reals, clocked at 92 hours, what a great game it was, easily one of my top 10 fav, I knew nothing about Persona before and now I'm quite exited for 5, I guess I finally got a ticket for the hype train.

So after P4G what comes next, what's the order, Arena, Ultimax, manga and so on?

It's Arena, Ultimax, then DAN. With Q taking place in some time bubble that doesn't happen anyway. Ultimax, and therefore Arena before it, should be approached with caution as far as story goes.

Meia

I'm now going to see the anime and take a bit of a break before I start with clean up to get a platinum, once again a platinum to get for a game I loved, it's been quite a while for that.

Daily routine was, wake up/play it/work/ play on breaks/go back home/play/sleep (repeat) lol, insert some bathroom breaks and some food here and there.

Not sure, but if you haven't played Persona 3 at all(since you said you never knew anything about the series), bear in mind that both fighting games feature characters from the cast of that game, so a version of Persona 3 may be your best bet in terms of what's next. Persona 4 Arena takes place a few months after Persona 4(but before the epilogue you see in Golden) while it takes place over 2 years after the events of Persona 3.

Otherwise, do as said. Persona Q is the odd one out since it takes place during the school festival in Persona 4 and before the school festival of Persona 3.

Not sure, but if you haven't played Persona 3 at all(since you said you never knew anything about the series), bear in mind that both fighting games feature characters from the cast of that game, so a version of Persona 3 may be your best bet in terms of what's next. Persona 4 Arena takes place a few months after Persona 4(but before the epilogue you see in Golden) while it takes place over 2 years after the events of Persona 3.

Otherwise, do as said. Persona Q is the odd one out since it takes place during the school festival in Persona 4 and before the school festival of Persona 3.

Adding onto this, the Arena games not only feature P3 characters, they spoil the story to hell and back.

Adding onto this, the Arena games not only feature P3 characters, they spoil the story to hell and back.

In addition, playing Arena first may, to be blunt, poison your perspective on P3, or at least a certain aspect of it.

Nah, i genuinely enjoyed the P3 characters stories in Arena

I meant it was probably a bad idea for me to only play P3 after Arena.

Though my disdain for Akihiko reigns eternal.

MSMrRound

P3 character stories in Arena redeemed Arena for me. Except for Akihiko's cuz he got written into a joke. I personally enjoyed Elizabeth's interactions with most of the cast.

Asia PSN users (Hong Kong/Singapore) seem to be getting Ultimax as a free game in Feb! I already own the edition with the tarot cards and teddie bop bag..but still, it's rather neat, considering we didn't seem to get Dragon's Crown as a PS+ freebie back then.

Atlus-senpai starting to notice us!?

You can skip Arena and Ultimax in good conscience, especially since they're more P3 fanservice than anything else. Their stories also happen to be really bad and pointless. Just watch Labrys's story on YouTube and call it a day, really.

To each their own, though. I also thoroughly hated the P4 anime, regular and Golden.

Though my disdain for Akihiko reigns eternal.

honestly how even dare you

You can skip Arena and Ultimax in good conscience, especially since they're more P3 fanservice than anything else. Their stories also happen to be really bad and pointless. Just watch Labrys's story on YouTube and call it a day, really.

That's kinda what made me like it, it was more of the P3 characters and their character development

honestly how even dare you

Easily.

"ProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTraining."

"Suffering builds character."

P4Akihiko (and PQ because he's the same there) is an insult to the actual character, I'll give you that. He's a beautiful angel in P3, though. His SL in P3P was an experience.

That last one was from The Answer.

Easily.

"ProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTrainingProtienTraining."

"Suffering builds character."

P4Akihiko (and PQ because he's the same there) is an insult to the actual character, I'll give you that. He's a beautiful angel in P3, though. His SL in P3P was an experience.

I think the thing that makes me dislike Marie's social links in Golden (outside of her being a horrid lizard person) is not so much that the party members just keep randomly showing up, but that they also seem to lose several IQ points when they do.

I think the thing that makes me dislike Marie's social links in Golden (outside of her being a horrid lizard person) is not so much that the party members just keep randomly showing up, but that they also seem to lose several IQ points when they do.

How so?

"Sub-buttle" doesn't count. That gag was priceless.

Kanji's the only one who seems normal, the others all devolve into their basest quirks, while none of them, not one, can figure out that Marie is plainly not a normal person.

FluxWaveZ

Oh nice, so we're almost certainly getting something before the 23rd then.

I made a list of the "content" pages in recent Persona Magazines (so excluding the manga, miscellaneous art, merchandise round-up, etc. pages):

Persona Magazine #2014 September
P4GA promo = 2 p.
P4tA x P4GA comparison = 6 p.
Yu Narukami x Souji Sega comparison = 4 p.
P4AU = 32 p.
P4AU interview = 4 p.
PQ = 12 p.
P4AU art interview with Soejima = 4 p.
P3WM = 5 p.

69 pages total
Persona Magazine #2015 February
P5 = 6 p.
P4D = 6 p.
P5 interview = 2 p.
P4D interview = 4 p.
P3M3 = 8 p.
P3M3 interviews = 6 p.
P4 timeline = 12 p.
PSL 2015 = 4 p.
Junes New Year Golden Thanks Fair 2015 = 4 p.
P4AU manga announcement = 2 p.

54 pages total
Persona Magazine #2015 July
P4D = 32 p.
P4D interviews = 8 p.
P3M3 interview = 4 p.
P5 = 6 p.
P3WM = 4 p.
PSC interview = 2 p.

56 pages total

Closest analogue now is probably #2015 February, because the two others were "launch" issues for their games (P4AU and P4D). So I think it's fair to assume there'll be ~50 pages for #2016 March.

I guess looking at it that way, a really theoretical list I could come up with—and one where prospective page numbers are potentially, intentionally inflated—would be:

Persona Magazine #2016 September
P4U2 & manga interview with Saito and Wada = 4 p.
P3M4 = 10 p.
P3M4 interview = 8 p.
P3M recap = 6 p.
Persona Snow Festival 2016 = 4 p.
P3 Escape Game = 4 p.
P5 recap (PV02 + PV03) = 6 p.
P5 interview recap = 2 p.

44 pages total

I could see it being something like that, which would account for most of the issue. In that list, though, I could see there being one thing missing.

My first thought when I read about the new Persona Magazine was that it'd have something about that Persona celebration they talked about last year. I'm not really sure if that's a reasonable guess though.

My first thought when I read about the new Persona Magazine was that it'd have something about that Persona celebration they talked about last year. I'm not really sure if that's a reasonable guess though.

Maybe, I don't expect any new news from the magazine itself, interviews aside, but there's a good chance that it will coincide with a Persona related event, so there's a decent amount of things that could be talked about there, the anniversary being a big one, alongside P5.

Looking at dates, I'd assume that anything in the Persona Magazine would be in famitsu/dengeki first, since that usually happens, so 19th at the latest for a Persona event? or if there's no Dengeki that week then the 12th, although that's a bit close to SMT IV F's release date.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, what's important here isn't the Persona Magazine itself because that's pretty much always a recap of information (barring interviews and some more minor stuff like the P4AU manga announcement). What's actually worth looking into is what content the upcoming Persona Magazine could recap, and if that's enough to justify one next month.

If the answer would be "there's not enough info out there," then that could potentially point to something happening in February before the release of the magazine.

To that point:

The Persona 20th anniversary project would be one of the outstanding Persona related things we know of, but it also would be far too big to be something first addressed in #2016 March. It'd have to be something we'd hear about before February 23.

I expect the next Persona event to address:

Persona 5 release date/special editions/trailer
Persona 5 anime
Persona 20th Anniversary Festival

And there's a decent chance that it could be before the 23rd Feb, in which case we should be hearing about it soon. It probably won't be another concert or anything as big as Super Live though, with this late notice.

Top Bottom