• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

No one else sees it?

adcb0Ms.png

FluxWaveZ

I've intentionally avoided watching Persona 5 PV03 for a while now, but I decided to do so again today. Not analyzing it much, I hadn't made the obvious connection that others might have that
Isekai-Navi [link] is very likely a direct reference to the spiritual/religious concept of the "Third eye." [link]

The concept definition pretty much fits perfectly with the narrative device, and how it relates to what we know of the story and
the parallel world Palace
so far.

Edit: Conceptually, this is kind of the ability Rise and Fuuka were designed to have. Their Personas even have a skill called "Third Eye."

thats some proper swagger there. Is that all of them? I'm still hoping for marie. Though if there is more they could just be moving on to P3 characters now that Yu is revealed. Thatd also mean skipping teddie and yosuke

FluxWaveZ

It's a squiggle.
Literally that's all I see it as
I see it as a shadow, but not sure if that is intentional or not.
sideways mustache right?

So I guess I wasn't the only one. I used to think for the kind of company P Studio is, that was a really strange logo to have, but I gained a lot more appreciation for it when I actually realized it recently.
I'm sure there's an actual art term for it, but it's like it uses very hard lighting at an angle to convey a stylish "P" by using shadows. It's actually a fantastic logo. I thought it was just random weirdness before, but it's quite evocative.

Kinda fits into their games, too, if you want to look into it like that.

Lusankya

So I guess I wasn't the only one. I used to think for the kind of company P Studio is, that was a really strange logo to have, but I gained a lot more appreciation for it when I actually realized it recently.

I'm sure there's an actual art term for it, but it's like it uses very hard lighting at an angle to convey a stylish "P" by using shadows. It's actually a fantastic logo. I thought it was just random weirdness before, but it's quite evocative.

Wow, I always thought it was a P, but I never saw it this way.

Persona 4 Ultimax is free with PS+ in February!

Awesome!

Hopefully the game will have a second wind now, sick of turning on the game and only finding 4 people online.

Persona 4 Ultimax is free with PS+ in February!

Awesome!

Hopefully the game will have a second wind now, sick of turning on the game and only finding 4 people online.

Bring the game to PS4, give us 2.0. I have Guilty Gear on PC now too, so i don't have to disconnect a bunch of stuff to fit my PS3 somewhere close to my monitors. If Atlus would just give us these two things (since my PS4 is only able to fit on my desk while propped up vertically), i'd play it again

I went into Ultimax totally expecting to main Rise, but I found myself using Yukari a lot more for some reason.

I haven't touched this thing since 2014, tho.

FluxWaveZ

Speaking of which, the P4AU manga is apparently quite good. Takes the story in different directions than the game, and with better pacing. The P4A manga has a story conveyed far better than the actual game, so I wouldn't be too surprised. The way they created the P4A series stories, they might just be better suited for manga/anime than the VN treatment.

Sophia

Speaking of which, the P4AU manga is apparently quite good. Takes the story in different directions than the game, and with better pacing. The P4A manga has a story conveyed far better than the actual game, so I wouldn't be too surprised. The way they created the P4A series stories, they might just be better suited for manga/anime than the VN treatment.

Well, switching formats also removes the biggest issue with the games: The multiple storylines that contradict each other. That, alone, is a huge improvement.

Makio

I played Ultimax the last monday after months without touching it and was expecting to be dead , but it was pretty active.
I see like 20 players in a lobby at one point , most of them new players (you can tell for the number of matches).

I hope this helps to get more activity , it was fun to back in the Arena.

I played Ultimax the last monday after months without touching it and was expecting to be dead , but it was pretty active.
I see like 20 players in a lobby at one point , most of them new players (you can tell for the number of matches).

I hope this helps to get more activity , it was fun to back in the Arena.
I might be jumping back on some. Ive moved back to blazblue since evo last year passed, but I still remember a bit.

Whaaaaaa.....?

Setsu00

There is, yes.

KanameYuuki

So I'm already at the Hollow Forest, Is it now the time to sell all of my stuff?

EDIT: Oh crap as soon as I went in I lost everything, I didn't even keep my current weapons, then that's it, time to sell eeeeeverything, then what's the reason to have both shops in there?

So I'm already at the Hollow Forest, Is it now the time to sell all of my stuff?

EDIT: Oh crap as soon as I went in I lost everything, I didn't even keep my current weapons, then that's it, time to sell eeeeeverything, then what's the reason to have both shops in there?

You get all your stuff back when you're done.
Yomotsu Hirasaka
is when you sell everything.

I missed this comment somehow. Great explanation. I'll admit, it's still not my favorite, but at least I can appreciate what they're going for.

Top Bottom