• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

DNAbro

So I finally bought P3P and am going to start playing asap.

I literally bought it cause I'm procrastinating on an assignment that I have no idea how to do.

So I finally bought P3P and am going to start playing asap.

I literally bought it cause I'm procrastinating on an assignment that I have no idea how to do.

pro tips:
choose the girl
always buy yawn-b-gones from the school store on saturdays
hang out with Theo, he's lonely

I can't decide if I want to get P4D or one of the other (potentially way better) Vita rhythm games that came out this past year. Or if I should just skip all of them since I suck at the genre.

Lunar15

Alright I just defeated the final boss, I gotta say it was seriously easy, I had waaaaaaay more troubles with the last 3, I did it on 73 hours, I'm amazed how the time flies with this game, it is technically a game with time management but there is just so much content, heck and I'm still missing from Jan to March, and gotta love Naoto's Xmas txt mgs

"SEE U TOMORROW?
Y/N
PLZ REPLY ASAP"

So out of place from her and that makes it so funny and I mean it's for xmas eve, you can feel the urge, I don't even know what to think abut her gift.

She's basically a grandma. It's great. She's not into texting like "the kids".

hughesta

Banned
I'm not big into rhythm games but I had a lot of fun with DAN. Ended up being pretty decent at it too, and was surprised that making the game faster actually did help.

Jintor

I'm not big into rhythm games but I had a lot of fun with DAN. Ended up being pretty decent at it too, and was surprised that making the game faster actually did help.

overthinking things in rhythm games is a great way to #getrekt.

you gotta get to the level where you can do things instinctually, and the only way to do that is to speed dat sheet up

Oh my god, how have i not known this.

The rank 10 social link event for (late-game social link)
Aigis
is VOICED in the P3MC route

How have i not known this

New Ultimax manga promo art, spoiler tagging this one for safety since it's [REDACTED]

CZkJ4stW0AIM5D6.jpg

I can't decide if I want to get P4D or one of the other (potentially way better) Vita rhythm games that came out this past year. Or if I should just skip all of them since I suck at the genre.

I'd say listen to some songs from the games you're interested in and then pick out the game with the best tracklist. P4D has some great music, but I personally feel the music from the Project Diva games works better for a rhythm game.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone else read about the Persona 3 The Movie #4 ending and how the ending scene apparently features
Elizabeth leaving the Velvet Room
? Interesting cliffhanger.

Guess Who

Banned
Anyone else read about the Persona 3 The Movie #4 ending and how the ending scene apparently features

Really odd choice considering
Elizabeth has barely done more than stand there during all three movies so far.

FluxWaveZ

We have seen this from the last P3M4 trailer:

F2c8zBm.gif

Reading up on some of the impressions, P3M4 apparently features
Liz hanging out with the protagonist prominently, like the scene where she dances in Paulownia Mall and such.

Sophia

It's interesting...
the velvet room scenes have by far and away been the most disappointing aspect of the movie. They feel tacked on, and they haven't bothered to use Elizabeth until now...
:\

Sophia

where can i watch/get the p3 movies without them costing me an arm, leg, and my left nut.

P3 Movie 2 *was* on Netflix. I don't know if it still is because my subscription has run out. It's still there.

The movies are also available on places like Amazon.co.jp, but you'll still end up paying more than the average for them.

Remember tho: Japanese Blu-Rays are identical in content to what Aniplex USA offered. They have English subtitles. So if you can find them cheap, go for it.

Drop

Interesting,
It hints at arena but sadly also at the lack of the answer :/

Makio

Maybe a teaser for an Arena anime? Since that kind of follows on from that plot thread.

Im all for Persona Arena movies made by the P3 movies team , since those guys can made the history watchable at least.

Knowing how they improve some things for P3 storyline already.

Im all for Persona Arena movies made by the P3 movies team , since those guys can made the history watchable at least.

Knowing how they improve some things for P3 storyline already.

Movies, plural? Arena is one thing they actually could condense into 90 minutes and not have to remove anything of value.

Makio

Movies, plural? Arena is one thing they actually could condense into 90 minutes and not have to remove anything of value.

Funny i think otherwise since have to introduce Labrys all the stuff bla bla plus any storyline for the others they consider "important" like Elizabeth for example. Maybe they cant made everything fit in 90 minutes

But let's say I count Ultimax in the mix , like you know Arena "series" in general... one for Arena and other for Ultimax.

Drop

I can't really see more than one movie on arena as a possibility.
They did a good job with condensing P3 in 4 movies(at least the first 3 were great, I'm assuming the 4th is nothing less), I don't think more than one would be needed for arena and ultimax together, maybe 2 shorts.

Funny i think otherwise since have to introduce Labrys all the stuff bla bla plus any storyline for the others they consider "important" like Elizabeth for example. Maybe they cant made everything fit in 90 minutes

But let's say I count Ultimax in the mix , like you know Arena "series" in general... one for Arena and other for Ultimax.

They could do Labby's backstory in pieces throughout the thing. It would keep the tension and avoid having it be a massive infodump. The rest of Arena's plot is kind of completely irrelevant to anything. Throw in Mitsuru and Aigis's intros to set up Ultimax and show Naoto spying on them and then you just gotta fill the remaining running time with flashy fights and the cliffhanger ending. There's no way all that would take over an hour and a half.

Mediking

I love this about P3. Made the characters feel like their own beings than just game characters.

That's how he's been for the first movie too. He's been (end-game P3 spoilers)
harboring death inside of him for 10 years when he was still a young child, and has never had any real family to stay with after his parents died that night

It matches the themes very well, too

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Makio

They could do Labby's backstory in pieces throughout the thing. It would keep the tension and avoid having it be a massive infodump. The rest of Arena's plot is kind of completely irrelevant to anything. Throw in Mitsuru and Aigis's intros to set up Ultimax and show Naoto spying on them and then you just gotta fill the remaining running time with flashy fights and the cliffhanger ending. There's no way all that would take over an hour and a half.

Yeah i can see it , now i remember the Stage Play for Arena do something like that stars focus in the Shadow Operatives then switch to Narukami , then Labrys ... Labrys and Labrys until the final fight.... and feels nothing was missing in those 80-90 minutes.

Maybe my mind made the thing bigger for the story of the game being in 12 parts but know i remember everything was like anime filler lol.

Lunar15

Flux's thread on discussion side made me realize: If we're going to keep up this whole P4 Spinoff thing, I could totally go for a Brawler with Chie and Akihiko as the main characters with Kanji and Lisa as unlockables.

I'd play the shit out of that.

cj_iwakura

We have seen this from the last P3M4 trailer:

F2c8zBm.gif

Reading up on some of the impressions, P3M4 apparently features
Liz hanging out with the protagonist prominently, like the scene where she dances in Paulownia Mall and such.

Wonder how far they're going to go with that, considering the end of her 'social link' in FES.

ive only played P4DAN and both project diva games. Even as a rhythm game I had a lot more fun with DAN

I'd say listen to some songs from the games you're interested in and than pick out the game with the best tracklist. P4D has some great music, but I personally feel the music from the Project Diva games works better for a rhythm game.
Solid advice all around. Thanks chaps.

Solid advice all around. Thanks chaps.

I didn't see this until just now but I have things to say

Project Diva F and F 2nd are so much better than P4D it's not even a little funny. I've heard great things about Superbeat Xonic too but never played it myself.

Diva is practically overflowing with content compared to P4D. There's a lot more songs, a lot more costumes, and a few extra modes that beat the hell out of P4D's story. Edit mode alone is heinously addictive.

FluxWaveZ

Project Diva F and F 2nd are so much better than P4D it's not even a little funny. I've heard great things about Superbeat Xonic too but never played it myself.

Diva is practically overflowing with content compared to P4D. There's a lot more songs, a lot more costumes, and a few extra modes that beat the hell out of P4D's story. Edit mode alone is heinously addictive.

I dislike Project Diva f, while I love P4D. I prefer Superbeat Xonic in a more general sense to P4D, but I would take both of them in a heartbeat over Project Diva f. I dislike the Diva f UI, most of the music, and the general aesthetic. Load times really suck for at least the first one, too, compared to P4D and Xonic.

I dislike Project Diva f, while I love P4D. I prefer Superbeat Xonic in a more general sense to P4D, but I would take both of them in a heartbeat over Project Diva f. I dislike the Diva f UI, most of the music, and the general aesthetic. Load times really suck for at least the first one, too, compared to P4D and Xonic.

Each their own, I guess. I prefer Diva's charting, music, and aesthetic.

Also, I completely burned out on P4D after about 60 hours, while in F 2nd...

E79gbMl.png

...and that's not taking 2nd, Extend, or F into account.

I understand that Dive definitely has more raw content. I guess I need to figure out which content I prefer.
Funny you mention Xonic, because that's really the game I was considering in opposition to P4D.

Guess Who

Banned
Project Diva has its flaws but the charting quality is a million times better than P4D and good charting is 99% of what makes a good rhythm game. Everything else can be perfect but if you have bad charts you have a bad rhythm game.

Top Bottom