• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

You guys raise a good point with there having to be an event to recap. I was thinking that this would be too short notice for there to be an event, but I suppose that the size of the event should be taken into consideration, like Crimson said. They wouldn't need a three month countdown every time.

Persona 5 release date/special editions/trailer
Persona 5 anime
Persona 20th Anniversary Festival

This is exactly what I'd like to hear more about though, so hopefully they talk about this stuff soon.

You guys raise a good point with there having to be an event to recap. I was thinking that this would be too short notice for there to be an event, but I suppose that the size of the event should be taken into consideration, like Crimson said. They wouldn't need a three month countdown every time.

This is exactly what I'd like to hear more about though, so hopefully they talk about this stuff soon.

SMT IV F's announcement event had a fairly short countdown, and the actual initial announcement was the same day that the first teaser went up.

I completely forgot P5's getting an anime tie-in thing.

Well, I hope Production I.G. is behind it. All of P4's animated adaptations were chock full of QUALITY.

Mediking

I'm enjoying Persona 3 Portable so far... But the lack of animated scenes and lack of a 3D model to explore is very disheartening. Exploring in Tartarus feels great though because its actually 3D models.

Still in love though!

I'm on the final stretch of P4G again, and
the game telling me over and over that this is probably the last time Yu will see Inaba
makes be laugh, then cry.

Then laugh again when I remember the epilogue itself acknowledging the one other time he comes back.

I'm on the final stretch of P4G again, and
the game telling me over and over that this is probably the last time Yu will see Inaba
makes be laugh, then cry.

Then laugh again when I remember the epilogue itself acknowledging the one other time he comes back.

Nope, should not have looked at the spoilers.
the most poignant feelings I have ever felt from a game

Dantis

So here's something super weird and interesting:

CZ-GCZwWEAAeFdu.png:large

There's a Persona 5 Velvet Room outfit for Naoto in P4D's files. As far as anyone knows, it's unuseable.

Weird, right?

DNAbro

There's a Persona 5 Velvet Room outfit for Naoto in P4D's files. As far as anyone knows, it's unuseable.

Weird, right?

Saw it this morning. Yeah super weird. Maybe they planned P5 DLC but since the game got delayed they either delayed the DLC or cancelled it? Just a guess. I would kill for some P5 songs.

Maybe it's still planned to be released through a promotion or something? The next Persona magazine could have a code for it or something like that?

NeatoKuni

Weird, right?

came here to post this. do we know for a fact 100% that the P4D DLC is done?

would you guys prefer P5D/P3D as a new game or a giant expansion? Just curious.

FluxWaveZ

If anyone's seen the game data and knows who that costume is associated with and why, please PM me.

Edit: Pan-hime made this using the costume data in the game's file's: https://twitter.com/regularpanties/status/693517140524208128

msJnybu.gif

I couldn't find anything pointing it specifically to Naoto; I'm pretty sure that P5 outfit is probably not hers (really, why would Naoto be the one to have something like that?). Based on that comparison and what would be reasonable (Nanako having the same build as the P5 VR twins), that P4D costume was likely designed for Nanako Dojima.

Makio

Wonder if are other costumes like that "hidden" there.

Seems like a DLC costume pack , which make sense since Persona 5 was going to be released not long after DAN if the 2015 scenario would happen.

Makio

P5 DLC pack for DAN when it releases would be dope.

Hell yeah if they are going to like the Persona classics sets costumes one Atlus needs do it , my favorite of the dlc costumes.

PD: I dont know if i can talk about that in here , but those guys in Amicitia are amazing , greats mods and other things have in there. Very impressive.

Dantis

I couldn't find anything pointing it specifically to Naoto; I'm pretty sure that P5 outfit is probably not hers (really, why would Naoto be the one to have something like that?). Based on that comparison and what would be reasonable (Nanako having the same build as the P5 VR twins), that P4D costume was likely designed for Nanako Dojima.

It's just what pan-hime said in her original Tweet:

https://twitter.com/regularpanties/status/693420245885779968

Makio

Plot twist : they found a P5 outfit for each character in the DAN files and reveal how many party members are in the game lol

(A man can dream)

Weiss

Banned
Persona 5 actually looks like a good game, so I'd say no.

I'd probably be a lot more positive about MN9 if we ever got the chance to play it.

Persona 5 is lucky that its repeated, massive delays don't change the fact that it's probably going to be the single best game Atlus has ever made.

Makio

I hope not, her new voice is horrible.

Funny enough that lady is the director of the dubs in a lot of persona games , so im pretty sure she is going to voice someone in P5 , a NPC or secondary character like already happen in P3 , P4 , Golden , Ultimax ,Q and Dancing All Night...

At least they dont change the recording studio for P5 , i can see her returning.

Plus funny thats the reason you dont want Naoto in 5 more than "i not want previous games characters" or " i want original antagonists/ party members".

Funny enough that lady is the director of the dubs in a lot of persona games , so im pretty sure she is going to voice someone in P5 , a NPC or secondary character like already happen in P3 , P4 , Golden , Ultimax ,Q and Dancing All Night...

At least they dont change the recording studio for P5 , i can see her returning.

Plus funny thats the reason you dont want Naoto in 5 more than "i not want previous games characters" or " i want original antagonists/ party members".
I love the p3 and 4 casts and would love for any of them to come back but naotos voice in ultimax and dancing all night is just

cheez124

i think naoto's new voice is great. actually, i like pretty much all of the "replacement" VAs, they're as good as or better than the originals. especially fuuka's

the sole exception might be ashly burch as rise, but i don't have DAN so i can't really comment on that

i think naoto's new voice is great. actually, i like pretty much all of the "replacement" VAs, they're as good as or better than the originals. especially fuuka's

the sole exception might be ashly burch as rise, but i don't have DAN so i can't really comment on that

Either way, at least Ashly Burch will always have Rei from Q as a good job.

Perpetually sneering Todd Haberkorn ain't so lucky.

EDIT: Also yes, Wendee Lee didn't exactly have big shoes to fill. Her voice is the only one as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT 2:

Haberkorn needs Ryuji or someone like that because his Sho plain sucks , but he sounds great as
Minazuki

I'll give you that. Shame it's still marred by
Sho's face.

She did a really good job on rise and yeah fuukas new voice is way better than the original.

Makio

My deal with Ashly , is she sounds bad when she tries to sound high pitched or "cute" like Bailey does... but when she uses "her regular" voice , she sounds very decent. Is a Original Chie vs Golden Chie type of case , either voice actress have something the other lacks.

Matthew Mercer sounds better than Troy Barker in my book (im the only one who thinks that) but in the same time sounds so similar is just to be picky in that case.

And too bad they "wasted" Wendee Lee voice in Fuuka or other minor characters , i would love she getting a original major party member (no replacement) in a future game (like 5)
I dont have problem with the original Fuuka , she was cute / good in her own way. But Wendee Lee voice makes everything better always.

Fun Fact : Before the Rise VA change i was expecting Ashly Burch to appear in 5 as a main character but with Rei and Rise i think she got her share of persona... but i wouldnt mind she returning.

Haberkorn needs Ryuji or someone like that because his Sho plain sucks , but he sounds great as
Minazuki

Persona 3 Portable is mine.

Going with MaleMC because I don't think I'd be able to stomach not going out with a girl if I like her too much.

Will do FeMC if/when there's a definitive P3 on Vita.

Top Bottom