• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Nachos

Her new voice sounds not only identical to her old one, but also fine.

Though, admittedly, that could just be me being grateful that we've finally got a name to associate with that voice. (Not counting Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, of course)
I don't really hear it. I like new Naoto's voice for being a lot more androgynous-sounding, but the old one was a lot more feminine (I even remember some people saying too feminine). I'd say she's closer to McGlynn than to the mystery actress. The only seamless transition I could see is if Brina Palencia had gotten the recast, instead.

But I think Arem's warming up to the role; she only really flubs when she has to sound embarrassed.

Funny enough that lady is the director of the dubs in a lot of persona games , so im pretty sure she is going to voice someone in P5 , a NPC or secondary character like already happen in P3 , P4 , Golden , Ultimax ,Q and Dancing All Night...

At least they dont change the recording studio for P5 , i can see her returning.
I don't know about DAN, but aside from that, she only directed Golden and Arena. Her husband did everything else. I don't see the studio changing for P5, though; Atlus has been using PCB to record all their marquee titles for years, and not just for Persona.

And as far as I know, she never voiced anyone in Persona before getting Naoto. The first time I even remember hearing her in an Atlus game was as the Black Samurai in SMT IV, which wasn't that long ago.

And too bad they "wasted" Wendee Lee voice in Fuuka or other minor characters , i would love she getting a original major party member (no replacement) in a future game (like 5)
I dont have problem with the original Fuuka , she was cute / good in her own way. But Wendee Lee voice makes everything better always.

Haberkorn needs Ryuji or someone like that because his Sho plain sucks , but he sounds great as
Minazuki
I'm not the biggest fan of Lee's Fuuka. She turns a really shy girl into someone really bombastic. I felt Fuuka absolutely needed a recast, but Lee wasn't the right choice (even if she is better in some ways). That's not to mention that she also voices Chihiro, Sayoko, Tomoe, and like half the female Arena extras on top of that (with Chihiro, Fuuka, and Tomoe using the exact same tone of voice). She's probably the most over-exposed actress in the series at this point.

I'm really holding out for Max Mittelman getting Ryuji, though. His performance in Durarara X2 was great and wouldn't need to change that much to be pretty close to Miyano's Ryuji, either.

I'm really holding out for Max Mittelman getting Ryuji, though. His performance in Durarara X2 was great and wouldn't need to change that much to be pretty close to Miyano's Ryuji, either.

Is that Kida's voice? If so, I totally agree.

Persona 3 Portable is mine.

Going with MaleMC because I don't think I'd be able to stomach not going out with a girl if I like her too much.

Will do FeMC if/when there's a definitive P3 on Vita.

Okay but you'll be playing a wayyyyyy worse game, just sayin. To actively deprive yourself of the superior experience like that...

What's the canon name for Persona 3 Male MC? (first, last)

edit: Just WHAT is so good about the FeMC?!

Is there a canon or fitting name for the FeMC? Might as well do the recommended route first.

If going by the movies, its Makoto Yuki
If going by the manga (I think), its Minato Arisato

More party member S.Links,better S.Links in general, better dialogue choices, happier attitude, changes to the OST (better ones IMO).

Is there a canon or fitting name for the FeMC? Might as well do the recommended route first.

People usually went with either Hamuko or Minako Arisato

Right now, we've got 3:
Minato Arisato from the manga,
Makoto Yuki from the movies,
and Sakuya Shiomi from the play.

And since none of them have appeared in any of the games, none of them have been validated like Yu Narukami.

Poor FeMC only has Kotone Shiomi.

More party member S.Links,better S.Links in general, better dialogue choices, happier attitude, changes to the OST (better ones IMO).

Hmmmm. Everything there seems nice except for happier attitude. I took Persona 3 for a grim game, doesn't that attitude conflict with the game?

Hmmmm. Everything there seems nice except for happier attitude. I took Persona 3 for a grim game, doesn't that attitude conflict with the game?

Surprisingly not, it just means that the day to day activities appear to be a little bit more fun for the character as opposed to a chore. The main story elements remain as impactful as ever.

Setsu00

Persona 3 isn't really grim, it just deals with some rather existential topics. The male and the female paths ultimately deliver the same message, but from different perspectives.

FeMC shows how much P-Studio improved after finishing P3, but the male route is still good. I still think the male route should be your first, so you can experience what P3 was originally like. It makes you appreciate FeMC more too, because you can see what changed. If your first reaction was to play the male route, do that. You can always play FeMC later.

FeMC shows how much P-Studio improved after finishing P3, but the male route is still good. I still think the male route should be your first, so you can experience what P3 was originally like. It makes you appreciate FeMC more too, because you can see what changed. If your first reaction was to play the male route, do that. You can always play FeMC later.
God dammit, makes a ton of sense.

By the way, Misato (or Misako) is the FIRST name, right?

Sophia

Minato Arisato
First Last (although the game tells you to put the last name in first IIRC)

Be careful about this, actually. Persona 3 Portable is unique in that it asks you to enter your given name first, then your surname. Opposite of how Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES are.

Be careful about this, actually. Persona 3 Portable is unique in that it asks you to enter your given name first, then your surname. Opposite of how Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES are.

Actually it asks you both on the same screen (given name first). Did check that though, but thanks.

Not really feeling it yet, but I'm not worried.

Sophia

Actually it asks you both on the same screen (given name first). Did check that though, but thanks.

Not really feeling it yet, but I'm not worried.

No, obviously it's on the same screen. But P3/P3FES/P4/P4G asks you to enter your last name first (Japanese style), whereas P3 Portable asks you to enter your first name first (Western Style.)

Trips up a lot of players familiar with the other games, as it's easy to instinctively assume it's the same.

p3suuwy.jpg

p3portable7nuri.jpg

EDIT: Also, Persona 3 is a bit of a slow burner compared to Persona 4. Stick with it tho; most people find that the story and characters pay off massively in the end. :D

No, obviously it's on the same screen. But P3/P3FES/P4/P4G asks you to enter your last name first (Japanese style), whereas P3 Portable asks you to enter your first name first (Western Style.)

Trips up a lot of players familiar with the other games, as it's easy to instinctively assume it's the same.

Best one was EU Devil Survivor Overclocked, which treated whichever you entered as your last name as your first name, and vice versa.

Although it did get patched eventually.

MaleMC it is then, that last reply convinced me.
Thanks, all of you.

Mmmrgh...

At least you'll get Master of Tartarus instead of Danger Zone. That's almost worth the unbearably bad social links!

not sarcasm, I just really love Master of Tartarus

Personally, I tend to name the male MC Beyonce Knowles. I was very distraught when PQ's character limit did not allow for this.

Zolo

For what it's worth, Portable itself recommends doing the male character first due to being canon/the original while female character is recommended to veterans as a way to experience the story differently.

For what it's worth, Portable itself recommends doing the male character first due to being canon/the original while female character is recommended to veterans as a way to experience the story differently.

I don't remember it doing that. iirc it just said that the female MC isn't just for female players, but for anyone wanting to get a different viewpoint of the story.

Real talk, I'd say FeMC is the better experience for both new and returning players. Especially given how P3P itself is already not the ideal way to experience the story, with the plot being all-text aside from like two in-engine scenes and some of the rewritten and revoiced lines being... not amazing.
"Lousy seniors and their lousy French" is good, "AAAAAAPERSONAAAAAAA" isn't.
Like, if you're gonna go with the version that removes all the cutscenes, you might as well take the route with the much better writing. Just being able to SL with your whole party makes a world of difference. Junpei's SL really made me appreciate him more on all levels, and Shinjiro was barely even a character until his SL gave him some desperately needed fleshing out.

I also liked being able to SL with the girls without being forced to date each and every one of them. I really wish the male route in P3P fixed that, but oh well. They at least made it less annoying to handle.

Just closed the game after getting to F14 and having both Yukari and Junpei be unconscious.

It's 1:00AM.

It feels so, so good to have you back, Persona.

_Ryo_

Quick question. I've played Persona 3 several times and Persona 4 once but I've never played a NG+ mode on either. Should I?

_Ryo_

Thanks!

I'll start on em on my PS2 after I finished up Resident Evil 4.

BTW, another question, this one really weird. Are there any good female let's players that have played these games and have videos on YouTube? I've seen a lot of let's plays but I am kind of interested in them from a different perspective. Sorry if this is an offensive question.

Zolo

BTW, another question, this one really weird. Are there any good female let's players that have played these games and have videos on YouTube? I've seen a lot of let's plays but I am kind of interested in them from a different perspective. Sorry if this is an offensive question.

Very offensive. Think before you post again.

I have no idea why this would be considered offensive.

I am both shocked and offended at your scandalous inquiry. Do not darken this thread with your presence ever again.
/s
In all seriousness, I haven't come across any done by women, though I may just not be looking hard enough.

Well, I personally don't think it is but I think people could misconstrue a preference towards female LPers as a form of sexism, maybe.

Only if they were looking for something to be offended by, which I don't think tends to happen much on this thread.

_Ryo_

Very offensive. Think before you post again.

I have no idea why this would be considered offensive.

Well, I personally don't think it is but I think people could misconstrue a preference towards female LPers as a form of sexism, maybe.

Jintor

I'm offended that you'd think I would be offended.

Wait. Amused. That's the word.

By the way dantisihateyoustupiddummy

I don't see the point of worrying about what's canon when P4AU and DAN exist. FemC's route is better.

Zolo

I don't see the point of worrying about what's canon when P4AU and DAN exist.

Yeah. I actually feel the same way. Same with KOTOR I and II where the protagonists have a canon gender, but that shouldn't get in the way of what you want to play.
KOTOR II male protagonist gets Handmaiden though and Handmaiden >>>>>>>>> Disciple.

Makio

I don't know about DAN, but aside from that, she only directed Golden and Arena. Her husband did everything else.

Oh yeah you right , i always remember the director be credited as Arem and i assume was her doing all the stuff , thanks she is the one doing the recent ones.

And as far as I know, she never voiced anyone in Persona before getting Naoto.

Nothing major but she got a couple of secondary roles before i think she voice the Temperance Social Link Eri Minami in Persona 4 both in game and the animation.

Plus im pretty sure she is the voice of Ms Tourimi in Persona 3 , or at least sounds like her the other day playing Portable

Is kinda funny how you can tell those voices , after they hit a major role , like example hear Yukari's VA doing background voices in Dancing All Night and was like "shut up Yukari" hahaha.

I'm not the biggest fan of Lee's Fuuka. She turns a really shy girl into someone really bombastic. ..

Maybe that's the reason i like Lee's Fuuka or Lee's voice acting in general ha , but of course i can almost bet she is going to get some role in 5 , even a background or SL / cooperation one despite all the roles she got in the series already.

Im personally see her voicing the doctor / nurse in P5 (Takemi) with the tone she uses for the nurse in Persona 4.

Kida is Bryce Papenbrook

And thats my choice for Ryuji , i think the guy can work it out, him or Haberkorn (Sho).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCa9xY9-XTg

That video end to sell me Papenbrook

If you're doing FEMC anything soon, name her Makoto Yuki too.

That's why i like Makoto , you can use it in both protag... but i like Kotone for the FEMC too,

Lunar15

I expect a small tidbit of something, like info about the velvet room or another gameplay feature, in the next p-mag. Not going to hold out for more than that. Maybe, just maybe, a tease for stuff coming in march.

Top Bottom