• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

It's a noble idea, but it's so not happening.

Disclaimer: On the off chance it does happen, good! They're not taking anything away by making the lead of a new game exclusively female.

rpytgWP.gif

jzbluz

I was using the pouch that comes with the P4DAN LE, and it stained my pink Vita. Thankfully I managed to remove the stains but I'm still a bit mad.

I was using the pouch that comes with the P4DAN LE, and it stained my pink Vita. Thankfully I managed to remove the stains but I'm still a bit mad.

It's toxic! Just like the industry it represents!

Just kidding! It's probably just cheap. :p

(liketheindustryitrepresents)

"Ar... Cade? A series of arches?"

MY FUCKING SIDES, THEO
And I thought Elizabeth's reaction to fountains was hilarious.

It's enjoyable to act like a sociable high school girl ^_^

Btw is there a log in P3P (as in, viewing previously spoken lines)?

Sophia

Goddammit, missed a couple lines just now (apparently triangle is skip).

Triangle is fast forward in both P3 and P4, yeah. P4G added a new separate fast forward feature to select.

P4G is pretty much like 50% quality of life improvements, be they general or specific to the gameplay. x_X

Triangle is fast forward in both P3 and P4, yeah. P4G added a new separate fast forward feature to select.

P4G is pretty much like 50% quality of life improvements, be they general or specific to the gameplay. x_X

I don't think I would have liked P4 vanilla as much as P4G. Partly thanks to Marie.

Good, you chose the correct room attendant.

FeMC deserves some eye candy to help her on her journey :p

cj_iwakura

arue

So a couple years ago, I started work on a Persona 4 Monopoly board game, and I finished it and played like 3 games, and that was it.

I've recently revisited the project, and just now released all the files so people can make their own.

So, if you're interested in testing you Social Links with a board game, check it out!
And a very silly video about the game here (some P4 spoilers):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHILIpE05bk

Whoa this is awesome! I wish I have the people around me that would play a P4 monopoly, but I hope to try playing this one day!

Ekai

"Ar... Cade? A series of arches?"

MY FUCKING SIDES, THEO
And I thought Elizabeth's reaction to fountains was hilarious.

It's enjoyable to act like a sociable high school girl ^_^

Btw is there a log in P3P (as in, viewing previously spoken lines)?

Glad you're enjoying FeMC!
Also, yea, Theo is awesome. I love Theo way more than I do Elizabeth. I don't mind saying it.

Mediking

Would be cool, but I think we should already be preparing for another deadpan second year guy with a different fringe.

Persona 6 really needs to go away from the high school setting and jump to older characters. ALOTTA POTENTIAL THERE. Hopefully Persona 5 is the last high school setting. If Atlus won't do that then at least do a spinoff with older characters.

Lunar15

Unless they go spinoff or direct sequel, I think Persona will always be high school related. At least as long as the "core team" is still working on it. P2:EP is the only one that isn't, but that's a direct sequel.

I think the current core team views it as a key pillar to the series.

Zolo

Persona 6 really needs to go away from the high school setting and jump to older characters. ALOTTA POTENTIAL THERE. Hopefully Persona 5 is the last high school setting. If Atlus won't do that then at least do a spinoff with older characters.

Uh.......

Catherine_Cover_Art.png

Goddammit, missed a couple lines just now (apparently triangle is skip).

Every game with visual novel sequences trying to figure out what button does what, and then accidentally skipping lines and figuring out there's no backlog. Many games never mention the VN controls in the game or manual, so it's quite annoying...

MegaTen is actually pretty consistent about which is the fast-forward button. If the controller has the four-buttons-in-a-diamond layout, it's almost always the top of the diamond.

The Devil Survivors decided to be weird rebels, though.

Regarding my progress in P3P

Just took out the first full moon boss in a single turn (rakunda + Yukari crit + Junpei attack) lol. What happens if you pick "someone pull the brakes!" instead of pulling them yourself?

Loving FeMC's attitude, and there is less dissonance due to controlling a woman than I thought (I'm male, 16, I'm always trying to be open minded about these things).

Kind of liking the fact that Junpei is sexist. Having to deal with someone like that for a common goal, despite their shortcomings, there's probably a lesson or message in there.

Man, I can't wait to get Akihiko in the party, the current trio is way too stale.

Just took out the first full moon boss in a single turn (rakunda + Yukari crit + Junpei attack) lol. What happens if you pick "someone pull the brakes!" instead of pulling them yourself?

Loving FeMC's attitude, and there is less dissonance due to controlling a woman than I thought (I'm male, 16, I'm always trying to be open minded about these things).

Kind of liking the fact that Junpei is sexist. Having to deal with someone like that for a common goal, despite their shortcomings, there's probably a lesson or message in there.

Man, I can't wait to get Akihiko in the party, the current trio is way too stale.

Yukari hit something......and got a critical?

I think your game might be severely glitched.

It's not going to happen, so I'd just come to terms with that.

PK Gaming

1) No difference.

2) She's great. Completely different from the male protagonist who typicall has standard/apathetic dialogue responses. Glad to see you gave her a chance.

3) Yep, it's great. Junpei in general is a fantastic character, so more development is nice.

4) Akiiiiiihiiiiiiikoooooo

Kinda fixed that.

Yep pretty much

Persona and Danganronpa are about the only two games I've seen that truly do justice to the "high school" concept

And even then Danganronpa is a heavily flawed game and isn't as good as it could or should have been (and I'm saying this as someone who has both DR games in his top 5 GOAT).

edit:

1) No difference.

2) She's great. Completely different from the male protagonist who typicall has standard/apathetic dialogue responses. Glad to see you gave her a chance.

3) Yep, it's great. Junpei in general is a fantastic character, so more development is nice.

4) Akiiiiiihiiiiiiikoooooo

2) Well, what happened was that P3MC seems like a person who would always give apathetic and indifferent responses to everything and I basically didn't want to do that for a first playthrough since roleplaying (in the sense that I'm acting differently than I normally would) kind of takes me out of the game world in a franchise like Persona where character self-insertion is key. FeMC is closer to my attitude in that regard, so it's easier to self-insert despite her gender. Trying (somewhat unconsciously I suppose) to make her someone I'd fall in love with, in a way- that's probably incredibly pathetic, but it's actually very enjoyable (that's not all I'm trying to do though).
I hope (dream) that I can someday play through a definitive Persona 3 on Vita (FeMC option, party control, 3D environments, anime cutscenes) roleplaying as an apathetic P3MC.

3) Agreed, it's nice to have a rather flawed character. Giving him the cold shoulder in his S. Links is intoxicating, lol. BTW how do I make sure that I don't end up dating him? I'm Rank 5 at his S. Link if memory serves.

4) Akihiko seems like a nice guy.

P.S: I liked Elizabeth as well (attitude AND appearance) but Theo's an even better attempt lol, nice to see some masculine eye candy. He resembles Kanji a little. o_O

So far the best companion for my FeMC seems to be Theo. Fufufufufu.

Lunar15

I had a weirdly realistic and lucid dream last night where P5 came out. I played it and it wasn't really good. The music in particular was pretty crummy. It was one of those things where I woke up and was like, "Oh, thank god that wasn't real."

In related news, the thirst is real. Too real. I'm dreaming about playing a video game. I need to get off the internet.

I had a weirdly realistic and lucid dream where P5 came out. I played it and it wasn't really good. The music in particular was pretty crummy. It was one of those things where I woke up and was like, "Oh, thank god that wasn't real."

In related news, the thirst is real. Too real. I'm dreaming about playing a video game. I need to get off the internet.

Huh. I think a similar thing happened to me too but with Zero Escape 3.

I always love it when Fuuka says the enemy is down, only to be interrupted by a party member saying we can do an All-Out Attack.

Fuuka: Great job! The enemy is dow...
Mitsuru: THE ENEMY IS DOWN WE MUST STRIKE!

Mitsuru joins the party? HELL YES!

Edit:

That board. Those characters. Those cards. The guest characters. The monokuma plushie. The friggin' shirt.

I love you Alfredo, that shit's legendary.

Ekai

Without spoiling too much, FeMC has 5 romance options. Junpei is not one of them. I would not suggest looking up why. I would also not suggest looking up who she can romance as spoilers are inbound for that. Like, seriously, major spoilers. She does have one romance path that generally seems to be viewed as "canon" (or at least as canon as FeMC can be : /) since it's the romance that more or less happens in the stage-play (and the one most people ship her with anyway) but you can romance any of the 5 dudes......there's one in particular I would highly suggest she pair with tho as it does change story events if you do the right things (plus it's a cute path) and one who I would suggest just being friends with because....yea. I didn't sleep around either but I guess that's up to you. The nice thing is FeMC can go down a lovers path or a friend path for most of her romance options. In the original P3 the male protag afaik could only date all of his romance options. He couldn't be friends with them. Not sure if that changed in P3P.

Top Bottom