• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

latest

Couple questions for Persona Q?

1) I am out of money and need to heal. Anyway to really make money in this game? I just started the 2nd dungeon.
2) Is there a best team/character to use?
3) How exactly do you obtain personas?

Also, has there been any news on localization for Genei Ibun Roku #FE? I know it won't be soon since it only came out a few months ago in Japan, but any news?

Sölf

1) I am out of money and need to heal. Anyway to really make money in this game? I just started the 2nd dungeon.

Also, has there been any news on localization for Genei Ibun Roku #FE? I know it won't be soon since it only came out a few months ago in Japan, but any news?

1.) Can't you just go to the gathering points in the first dungeon to make a quick buck? YOu should reach them fairly quickly when all shortcuts are available.
2.) I... guess? I am only in the third dungeon myself. I heard Aigis is pretty OP, as ist Naoto (in the beginning?)
3.) You either get them after you've won a battle or you fuse them. Fusion isn't available from the start though, if I remember correctly.

Setsu00

I would argue that almost any team can work out fine in PQ due to the sub Persona system. Naoto is probably the most useful character though since she knows both Hama and Mudo.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I played through the game twice just picking characters I liked, any squad is feasible.

If you want to entirely trivialise random battles slap impure reach on Naoto. Instant death counts as an ailment the same way that poison etc does. IIRC it's a skill you can extract from Incubus at a few levels above his fusion.

Meia

I played through the game twice just picking characters I liked, any squad is feasible.

If you want to entirely trivialise random battles slap impure reach on Naoto. Instant death counts as an ailment the same way that poison etc does. IIRC it's a skill you can extract from Incubus at a few levels above his fusion.

Of course then the problem becomes not being able to break up the dungeon crawling with the battles since this in effect removes all battles from the game. I somewhat attribute this to stopping my playthrough in the fourth dungeon. :p

FluxWaveZ

Got my copy of Persona Magazine. They were accurate: the section about SEES from P3 to P4AU is pretty comprehensive. Every single member has their own two pages, with their own individual timelines, their appearances in each game, and how they progressed as characters over time. It's too bad this information is always only in Japanese.

Sophia

Got my copy of Persona Magazine. They were accurate: the section about SEES from P3 to P4AU is pretty comprehensive. Every single member has their own two pages, with their own individual timelines, their appearances in each game, and how they progressed as characters over time. It's too bad this information is always only in Japanese.

o_o;

Oh man.... what do I have to do to get this translated? ;_;

FluxWaveZ

o_o;

Oh man.... what do I have to do to get this translated? ;_;

They're divided in "Character Files," with 13 in total. Metis has her own page, with some tabs for the Kirijo researchers. Labrys and Sho share their own page, and Elizabeth and Theodore share their own as well (though it's mainly about Elizabeth, with the section called "History of Elizabeth P3 ~ P4U2").

They're divided in "Character Files," with 13 in total. Metis has her own page, with some tabs for the Kirijo researchers. Labrys and Sho share their own page, and Elizabeth and Theodore share their own as well (though it's mainly about Elizabeth, with the section called "History of Elizabeth P3 ~ P4U2").

So they consider Sho more of a P3 charecter now then? Makes sense considering his role in Ultimax, but it really seemed like they were trying to make him out to be more of a P4 charecter at the time.

Sophia

;_;

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

I wonder what the extent of the info on Aigis and Metis is.

I think it was a very bad idea to not have played FES before P3P. Maybe I'd have been more immersed...

(Have no way to play FES legally though :/)

I think it was a very bad idea to not have played FES before P3P. Maybe I'd have been more immersed...

(Have no way to play FES legally though :/)

I always recommend FES over P3P for that reason. P3P is ideal for a second playthrough I believe.

But since you don't have the option... :/

Sölf;196611359 said:
3.) You either get them after you've won a battle or you fuse them. Fusion isn't available from the start though, if I remember correctly.

But how exactly? Is it just random or is there a set way to beat a battle (i.e.: finishing with mc or all out attack in p3)

Naoto is probably the most useful character though since she knows both Hama and Mudo.

Wait wait....Naoto is a she?

Ekai

Just got Arena Ultimax. Want to get the dlc for
Adachi's story
but don't have Xbox-Live. And that's a steep price just to dl something. Especially since I also apparently need some adapter that I don't have. So I guess I won't ever be playing
Adachi's story
. Really wish more places emulated Nintendo's online format. Way easier to deal with connectivity to your wireless/wired and no bs online subscription wall either.

Sophia

But how exactly? Is it just random or is there a set way to beat a battle (i.e.: finishing with mc or all out attack in p3)

It's random, unless you beat an FOE, in which case you're guaranteed a higher level one.

Just got Arena Ultimax. Want to get the dlc for
Adachi's story
but don't have Xbox-Live. And that's a steep price just to dl something. Especially since I also apparently need some adapter that I don't have. So I guess I won't ever be playing
Adachi's story
. Really wish more places emulated Nintendo's online format. Way easier to deal with connectivity to your wireless/wired and no bs online subscription wall either.

Xbox Live is not mandatory to get the DLC content. You simply need your system connected to the internet.

Ekai

I always recommend FES over P3P for that reason. P3P is ideal for a second playthrough I believe.

But since you don't have the option... :/

Eh, the best version of Persona 3 is still Portable to me. Largely for the female protag and the ability to directly control allies.

Xbox Live is not mandatory to get the DLC content. You simply need your system connected to the internet.

Oh, thought I had to have Xbox Live. Still need this adapter that I don't have though. : /

Ekai

Spoilers for P3P until the final arc of the game. (Date:
_1/1__
) P4G comparisons as well but I don't think there's anything spoilery in there.

Currently on 1/1. First off: I love the change in atmosphere.

Okay, now in general, despite enjoying SOMETHING in this game immensely, I'll have to say that Iwatodai, in no shape or form, lives up to Inaba. This might be because of the 2D (can't really check that out and I can't see Atlus releasing a definitive P3 on Vita or myself getting a PS2/PS3 or climbing 200 floors of Tartarus again in at least the next 3-4 years so I can't really make a comparison), or it might be because of the overall different vibe of the game, but I just don't feel as connected to Iwatodai as I did in Inaba.

I think the cast lives up to Persona 4 Golden (especially Golden because MARIE IS GREAT!). However, I think that the character INTERACTIONS aren't as good. This can, in part, be attributed to thematic difference since AFAIK the Persona 3 cast was designed more to be people that wouldn't really hang out together outside of SEES. That doesn't mean that character interaction is any less rare though. What IS there is P4 caliber, however.

I like how the S. Links feel closer to being "people from different walks of life". P4G felt more like "S. Links with people the story involves you with" whereas there's a TON of Links in P3P I encountered that are completely their own thing (Maiko, the bookseller couple, fucking TANAKA, Rio...). I liked that! One flaw it has is that despite involving more S. Links in the story (Shinjiro and Ryoji have some influence AFAIK, I suppose Aegis might as well), those S. Links have to be incredibly rushed in terms of availablity(took out Shinjiro literally every time I could after I realized his SL was open, got to Rank 7 before... y'know. Ryoji's is even worse though I did manage to get all of his ranks somehow (you literally can't miss ANY, IIRC).

And the story. Oh god, the story. Despite being paced quite abysmally especially in the first 2/3 (full moon to full moon with practically nothing in between) of the story, with the introduction of Strega it picked up fucking beautifully. It's still badly paced, but after 40 hours of gameplay seeing Junpei get redeemed so much, Shinjiro becoming my favorite male character ever in fiction in his S. Links (his romance path is 10/10, best S. Link I've seen), and now with the last month before Nyx, I really enjoyed the story so far.

"I have chosen... to "live". This is my purpose, chosen by... me."

GOOSEBUMPS

Also the style of the game beyond Iwatodai is incredibly good as well. The character portraits, the fucking Evokers (I could watch Shinjiro, FeMC, Mitsuru and Akihiko summon their Personas all damn day), the top tier OST... P4G has its stylish parts (mostly in the dungeon crawling) but holy hell, beyond Tartarus and repetitive enemy design, I loved P3P's gameplay.

It feels like I'm at the very beginning, despite reaching what is seemingly the last arc...

Also, was there any point for the ending divergence before sparing Ryoji? Got a save on 12/30.

Glad you're liking it. Also, last I read you hadn't gotten the
10/10 s. link with Shinji. Did you reload an old save or watch it or? Cause yea, it's one of my favorite s. links and it's effect does change the story in a meaningful way, imo What is the ending divergence you're referring to with Ryoji? Been a bit since I played P3P..

Sophia

Oh, thought I had to have Xbox Live. Still need this adapter that I don't have though. : /

You should be able to hook it up wired to download the content. Although depending on your setup that may not be ideal. I presume your Xbox 360 is an older model that lacks the wireless adapter built in like mine? :p

Ekai

You should be able to hook it up wired to download the content. Although depending on your setup that may not be ideal. I presume your Xbox 360 is an older model that lacks the wireless adapter built in like mine? :p

Yea, it's not ideal. I'd pretty much have to move my whole console to one room, connect it, then move it back Guess I may have to do that though.

Edit: Done. It made me sign up for Xbox Live anyway but didn't make me pay for anything at least. I got very turned off of Live a while back so I haven't used it much at all. I still very much dislike how the menus are and how many hoops you have to jump through just to get to a game's dlc page. Everyone could still learn from Ninty how to design a menu page of all things. Well, lots of people could learn a lot from Ninty. Only took a half hour to navigate the menus and sign up and add payment information and finally get to dling it in a few seconds. Bleh.

1) Easy. Forsake your dignity, turn the difficulty down to the lowest setting, get killed, then you can revive mid-battle with your HP and SP restored. Do it against an FOE once you can actually hit them and you're golden.
2) Since the game is unfairly balanced against SP-users, Physical characters in general are your best bet.

1) Easy. Forsake your dignity, turn the difficulty down to the lowest setting, get killed, then you can revive mid-battle with your HP and SP restored. Do it against an FOE once you can actually hit them and you're golden.
2) Since the game is unfairly balanced against SP-users, Physical characters in general are your best bet.
Eh, I got the safe p spot skill on my lab nav so I started to farm p spots in first dungeon (which someone suggested). Got a good ammount of cash in reserve.

I finally got my first game over. Anyone know what level I should be (
to beat the 5 rocks behind the locked door in 2nd lab floor 1?)

Also I love how my Naoto as a skill she cant use because she doesnt have enough sp.

I'm not really serious. Well, mostly. Was it even actually a good game?

No. It makes me mad, that there is a game focused around Aigis, and it's dog poop. Hell, it even shits on P3's story by completely contradicting it

Also i want to see that P3 magazine if it does get translated by anyone. I wanna know how Aigis spent her time between The Answer and Arena

Kanji. Or unless you're actually into trash cans. Then Yosuke.

Kanji. Yosuke doesn't deserve your love.

They speak the truth.

Glad you're liking it. Also, last I read you hadn't gotten the
10/10 s. link with Shinji. Did you reload an old save or watch it or? Cause yea, it's one of my favorite s. links and it's effect does change the story in a meaningful way, imo What is the ending divergence you're referring to with Ryoji? Been a bit since I played P3P..

watched the rest of his s link, now my favorite s link ever. Shinjiro is officially my first boicrush and my favorite male character ever.

Ryoji's divergence is on 12/31 where you're presented with the choice to kill it or not.

_Ryo_

Its a old dumb phone game. Of course the graphics will suck. Wonder if there's docomo phone emulator where you can increase render resolution.

Its a old dumb phone game. Of course the graphics will suck. Wonder if there's docomo phone emulator where you can increase render resolution.

To my knowledge there's no way to play any of these older phone games anymore, if you don't have a phone with them already installed. It's why footage of them is so scarce.

Really worried I'll end up finishing P3P feeling stone cold.

Can't really compare with FES though, maybe it's the game itself that didn't click.

Amazing story and worth playing either way. Too bad a definitive Vita version will never be a reality.

Really worried I'll end up finishing P3P feeling stone cold.

Can't really compare with FES though, maybe it's the game itself that didn't click.

Amazing story and worth playing either way. Too bad a definitive Vita version will never be a reality.

Speaking of, you'll want to look up a subbed version of the credits song on YouTube when you're done.

Ekai

The first person you fight as in P4AU is Doucheke, ugh. And somehow I'm already like 10% done with P4AU despite only doing this one fight. Just how short is this? The map of the Storymode makes it seem so much longer. Or is it just that the front-end is loaded with dialogue and then a whole bunch of the rest of the squares are just fights?

They speak the truth.

watched the rest of his s link, now my favorite s link ever. Shinjiro is officially my first boicrush and my favorite male character ever.

Ryoji's divergence is on 12/31 where you're presented with the choice to kill it or not.

Ahh, that decision. It has a large impact on the ending from what I remember and what I'm reading. Killing him results in you getting a bad ending where everyone loses their memory except Aigis and the whole month of January isn't played and everyone dies.

Top Bottom