• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

FluxWaveZ

March encroaches.
CcVyH6AUAAEQUlA.jpg:orig
https://twitter.com/ibisF5/status/704094398020104192
February was mainly interesting for me to see what they would promote and how they would do it, since it's been a while since Atlus hasn't had an upcoming game to publicize.

But I've been anticipating March for much more substantial reasons regarding P5.

daevious

March encroaches.

https://twitter.com/ibisF5/status/704094398020104192
February was mainly interesting for me to see what they would promote and how they would do it, since it's been a while since Atlus hasn't had an upcoming game to publicize.

But I've been anticipating March for much more substantial reasons regarding P5.

If they don't say anything at all during March then we can worry that P5 gets pushed back another year.

Lunar15

I think we'll get a release date in march, if not early April.

My guess is the date will be some time in the first two weeks of June, for Japan that is.

I have a good feeling about this week for some reason.

Personally, I say wait until after the P3 Final Movie event thing.

Lunar15

I wonder if we'll ever get some in depth reviews about the long road to P5? I wouldn't expect it until after release, but I'd definitely love some insight into how everything shook out.

Also kind of interested in why/how they picked the singer they did. I love the choice myself.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if we'll ever get some in depth reviews about the long road to P5? I wouldn't expect it until after release, but I'd definitely love some insight into how everything shook out.

Also kind of interested in why/how they picked the singer they did. I love the choice myself.

Definitely something that we'll get, though the amount of depth is uncertain. We'd at least get a look into that in the inevitable art book interview, but I'm sure other outlets will be asking about it.

I think the choice of Lyn Inaizumi is rather straightforward, really. In Famitsu issue #1223 (May 2012), Meguro talked about how he would like to work on more authentic "black music" in the context of Persona because he likes smooth R&B and soul music—hence Acid Jazz for Persona 5—and Lyn's a soul singer. Seems to be a pretty good one at that, so a perfect fit for what he was going for.

Makio

The music, characters and their design , gameplay pics and the setting.

Caligula is going to be the best Persona "spinoff " so far.... lol

Just kidding but looks very interesting , the website music sounds awesome i would love it as a battle theme.

http://www.cs.furyu.jp/caligula

Zolo

They're obviously on track for Summer at this point between talking about starting off the anniversary with Persona 5, talking about how they've gotten almost everything they've wanted done (I think this was said somewhere), and Hashino's message helps reinforce that.

Shun

I just want my PS3 copy already from sofmap. Please give me news soon to buy it. I have ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ ready

The music, characters and their design , gameplay pics and the setting.

Caligula is going to be the best Persona "spinoff " so far.... lol

Just kidding but looks very interesting , the website music sounds awesome i would love it as a battle theme.

http://www.cs.furyu.jp/caligula

But it is being develop by Furyu so there is a high chance that it will actually be straight up kusoge.

Zolo

I'm still curious when we'll get the anime episode as well. Assuming Persona 5 releases around June-July, it would be expected we'd get it around April or maybe May.

cheez124

I'm still curious when we'll get the anime episode as well. Assuming Persona 5 releases around June-July, it would be expected we'd get it around April or maybe May.
i hope it releases as close to the game as possible.

...i just wanna know P5MC's canon name, since i'm too lazy to make one up for him and i already used my own name in P4G

FluxWaveZ

Actually, I guess the P5MC's VA addressed PSC in his own segment on episode 20 of PSC so, if that segment counted, the episode on Monday should be Ann's. I guess that still works with the above theory, because it was mainly contingent on it not covering Yusuke. I don't know if there'd be enough Yusuke Kitagawa specific footage for them to even use yet.

So the Persona 5 VA segment for PSC episode 24 was indeed Nana Mizuki (Ann Takamaki).
Guessing that means the episode 20 segment for Jun Fukuyama did indeed count, so the only VA left would be Tomokazu Sugita (Yusuke Kitagawa).
Wonder if this means anything... Like I said before, I don't think there's much Yusuke specific footage they could use for his own segment for the March episode.

Setsu00

So the Persona 5 VA segment for PSC episode 24 was indeed Nana Mizuki (Ann Takamaki).

Guessing that means the episode 20 segment for Jun Fukuyama did indeed count, so the only VA left would be Tomokazu Sugita (Yusuke Kitagawa).

Wonder if this means anything... Like I said before, I don't think there's much Yusuke specific footage they could use for his own segment for the March episode.

There wasn't that much Ann specific footage either and they still gave Nana Mizuki a spot in the show. Her message also felt like it was the longest out of all of them and they basically showed almost all footage they had so far.

However, I'm still not sure if we get a message by Tomokazu Sugita. Yusuke wasn't part of the Phantom Thieves campain in September either and in the new interview Hashino talks a lot less about Yusuke than about the other characters and doesn't even mention his Persona.

Mr. RHC

So I think I'm halfway through into Persona 4 and it's been alright. I think Persona 3 will ultimately be my favorite with the emo characters and emo setting but I don't know.

Voice acting is really well done, I think even better than P3.

daevious

So I think I'm halfway through into Persona 4 and it's been alright. I think Persona 3 will ultimately be my favorite with the emo characters and emo setting but I don't know.

Voice acting is really well done, I think even better than P3.

Persona 4 has better on-average voice acting because for every character like Junpei, who was better than the original Japanese VA, there's a Fukka, who manages to be too monotone and too emotional depending on the scene.

FluxWaveZ

There wasn't that much Ann specific footage either and they still gave Nana Mizuki a spot in the show. Her message also felt like it was the longest out of all of them and they basically showed almost all footage they had so far.

However, I'm still not sure if we get a message by Tomokazu Sugita. Yusuke wasn't part of the Phantom Thieves campain in September either and in the new interview Hashino talks a lot less about Yusuke than about the other characters and doesn't even mention his Persona.

But 40% of the footage they showed during her special message feature Ann Takamaki; it doesn't need to revolve around her. I haven't done the count for Yusuke, but there's barely any footage which features him at all. They could just recycle all PV03 footage again, but I just don't see it. Or at least, that'd be weirder looking than any of the other segments.

Zolo

I still wonder if they're waiting to see when Final Fantasy XV is announced to release before making their own announcement.

FluxWaveZ

I still wonder if they're waiting to see when Final Fantasy XV is announced to release before making their own announcement.

Doubt it. Atlus doesn't strike me as the kind of "me-too" company that would do something like that. If anything, I think it would be more likely that both companies actually discussed about this with each other than Atlus waiting to see the release date to make their own announcement.

Those are super hype though.

The wildest rides ever

You don't know shit. I shit you not, Zero Escape got a 4 MONTH LONG countdown to the date. And then the livestream didn't work. Not fucking kidding. Oh man, what a ride that was (4infinity).

BTW

Finished P3P. It's 1am. Burn My Dread -Battle- is one of the best BGM's ever. Didn't hit me like P4G did, but still an amazing and beautiful game. Shinjiro. Aigis. Ryoji. Fuck. Amazing finale.

Fuck.

Fuuuuuuck.

Ah, P3's ending the first time.

It's like that hollow feeling you get after finishing anything you were really into,
except ten times worse!

spoiler
I JUST LEARNED SHE DIES

AND THERE'S AN ENDING WHERE SHE DIES IN SHIJIRO'S ARMS

I'm literally shaking aand feeling lightheaded and I howled just now

arue

spoiler
I JUST LEARNED SHE DIES

AND THERE'S AN ENDING WHERE SHE DIES IN SHIJIRO'S ARMS

I'm literally shaking aand feeling lightheaded and I howled just now
Welcome to the club \o/

P3 ending spoiler
You should really look up the translation for the ending song.

Bowlie

Banned
Haha, I wish I could finish it for the first time again. I felt lightheaded too. Kimi no Kioku (is it the same for FeMC?) still kills me.

Haha, I wish I could finish it for the first time again. I felt lightheaded too. Kimi no Kioku (is it the same for FeMC?) still kills me.
Song is the same yeah

My only regrets are playing Portable first (should've bought FES off PSN and emulated or something) and not maxing a couple S. Links
Akinari, Shinjiro

_Ryo_

P3 is at its core a game about
Death, how to deal with death, and coming to terms with the fact that it is going to happen to everyone.
, so it just seems fitting to me
that the MC dies.

I'd imagine P3 could be a literally life changing game for someone who plays it in their teens, especially if theyve been having a rough time. Which is another reason why I like it better than P4. P4 just wasn't as existentially and psychologically sastisfying, which is strange considering on the surface P4 is a much more psychological game given the nature of shadows therein, and whatnot..

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've never read the lyrics before. Ow, my heart.

Also, what's that Twitter Flux posted? The artwork is great, is it official or fan art?

Death, how to deal with death, and coming to terms with the fact that it is going to happen to everyone.
that the MC dies.

I'd imagine P3 could be a literally life changing game for someone who plays it in their teens, especially if theyve been having a rough time. Which is another reason why I like it better than P4. P4 just wasn't as existentially and psychologically sastisfying, which is strange considering on the surface P4 is a much more psychological game given the nature of shadows therein, and whatnot..

Agreed especially with the latter, the game drives some points home crazily well.

Bowlie

Banned
that the MC dies.

I'd imagine P3 could be a literally life changing game for someone who plays it in their teens, especially if theyve been having a rough time.

Yup, that's why I love it so much. It spoke to me very hard. But it's also the way the game presents the ending to you, so subtle and sweet. Most games just shove it in your face what's going on.

---

I played without a walkthrough, and there was no way to max all S.Links without one :p

Ehhhhh, I was around 16 when I first played P3 and even then I thought they really could've taken it all further than they did. It didn't really help that I'd heard the tales of how super dark the game was when tonal-wise it's really rather standard for the genre. It also didn't help that
most of the characters they killed off were boring and one-note. I couldn't feel Junpei's grief much since all I ever felt for Chidori was mild annoyance.
It really didn't help that
with each re-release they shoved in more optional events where you can avoid character deaths, which I feel cheapens the game's message. Like, Junpei goes through the whole thing with losing Chidori, then it's just oh whatever she's fine and none of that shit really mattered. Shinjiro's survival was handled a bit better, but I still prefer the version where he kicks it because it's vastly more meaningful and thematically appropriate

Soooo, P3 has a very good theme. Does some good things with it. Does not take it all the way and needed improvement. P4 has this exact same problem, perhaps even worse, but I'm almost tired of tearing into that game's bullshit.

But then again, in FES you you can't build social links with male party members, and there is no female MC and its possible you might not have liked shinjiro as much if you played FES first.

I loved Shinji after P3P but didn't give a flying fuck about him in FES, so it's absolutely possible.

_Ryo_

Song is the same yeah

My only regrets are playing Portable first (should've bought FES off PSN and emulated or something) and not maxing a couple S. Links
Akinari, Shinjiro

But then again, in FES you you can't build social links with male party members, and there is no female MC and its possible you might not have liked shinjiro as much if you played FES first.

Top Bottom