• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

cj_iwakura

P2 is very good, but it deviates from expectations a lot less than P3 and P4 did. The art is excellent for the time it came out, and the story deviates from the epics that most devs were going for back then, which is pretty interesting, but it's 'just' a JRPG.

What does 'just' a JRPG indicate?

Lunar15

No English voices at all is a bit crazy to me. Its prospected poor performance in Japan must have had an effect on the decision.

Even if it did well in Japan, they had to have realized this was beyond niche in America. It's about the Japanese entertainment industry, there's tons of singing in japanese. Even though I do think money is partly the reason, I think it's less japanese sales and more the fact that they knew they wouldn't be making much of a return on investment over here.

Zolo

Even if it did well in Japan, they had to have realized this was beyond niche in America. It's about the Japanese entertainment industry, there's tons of singing in japanese. Even though I do think money is partly the reason, I think it's less japanese sales and more the fact that they knew they wouldn't be making much of a return on investment over here.

It's also not the type of game they'd localize if it wasn't for the fact it was first-party. It's not really a good fit.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe, but they were hinting pretty strongly at E3 2015 that they wanted to find English voice actors, particularly ones that could sing for the game. I'm sure that localization ambition was what they were working towards initially, which eventually fell through as they had to scale things back.

Shun

Maybe, but they were hinting pretty strongly at E3 2015 that they wanted to find English voice actors, particularly ones that could sing for the game. I'm sure that localization ambition was what they were working towards initially, which eventually fell through as they had to scale things back.

Not just that but Treehouse worker tweeting about Fujisawa's work on the game gave the impression that maybe they were able to get singers too.

I play the game in Japanese and I was looking forward to see what the changes might be like in English like how when I was younger I play the Final Mix of Kingdom Hearts and get to see the English in that after being so used to Miyu Irino.

I hope you give the game a chance tho. JP FE regulars for the FE news/wiki site I contribute to gave in and like the game or are at least okay with it.

FluxWaveZ

Is this sooner than all the other releases? This feels alot closer then waiting on P3 Movie 2 and 3 were

Makes sense, because they don't have another movie coming up. The previous home releases were always kind of used as promotional tools for the next theatrical release, but now they can just throw it out there.

P3 spoiler
Less than 4 hours to Graduation Day.

PersonaGAF, hold me.

I'm right here. Let's have a toast in his honor. Raise your glass!

tumblr_inline_mlusssqR9M1rf5auz.gif

May the day come
when he grapples down that god of fear
And throws him into hell's fire

May he shrug the pain and run
till he sees the sunlight again

May he run
burning all regret and dread
And face the sun
with the pride of the living.

... eventually.

Theodoricos

Makes sense, because they don't have another movie coming up. The previous home releases were always kind of used as promotional tools for the next theatrical release, but now they can just throw it out there.

So Winter of Rebirth will be the final movie, then? I thought that we'd be getting a special installment for The Answer, but that could've just been speculation.

May the day come
when he grapples down that god of fear
And throws him into hell's fire

May he shrug the pain and run
till he sees the sunlight again

May he run
burning all regret and dread
And face the sun
with the pride of the living.

... eventually.

GOD DAMN IT DIEHARD I JUST HAD A MELODRAMATIC TWITTER MELTDOWN DON'T CAST THESE FEELS UPON ME

...best eulogy ever. Jesus fuck how did this game affect me so deeply that not even my conscious mind is aware of it. Fuck. ;_;

Theodoricos

Was just speculation, although if there is going to be anything else, we should know by tomorrow.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

That's a shame though. Because of the excessive grind and the difficulty of it, I don't find playing through The Answer enjoyable like I do The Journey, so it would've been neat to have it in movie format instead.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

That's a shame though. Because of the excessive grind and the difficulty of it, I don't find playing through The Answer enjoyable like I do The Journey, so it would've been neat to have it in movie format instead.

Just do what I did and download a 4.5 hour video of the cutscenes from Youtube lol

Top Bottom