• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

Anyways when I said I'd draw something P4 related yesterday, I lied, I actually started on these a couple weeks ago:

Go here for more info. Haven't done one of these in a long, long time.

Love the design, and but I think i'm more intrigued by Sayako's weapon of choice. Like, I can picture it in my head and i'm kind of bummed that it's not a thing.

yami4ct

I don't know much about game development, but that's unexpected for a game that was announced late 2013, right?

It depends on Atlus' workflow and a lot of other factors. It's also possible the new effects person picked up work from a previous person who had to leave the project for a number of reasons.

Effects work is a visual flare that could be added at numerous points in development, so it's possible that Atlus' had a completely working version of P5 and were doing tons of other tweaks before adding the effects relatively late.

It's still pretty damn late to be adding a new person like that, and especially one right out of college on a major project, so there's definitely a story. I'm just not sure if it's the one everyone is likely thinking.

Don't forget how you blasted through Danganronpa 2 immediately afterwards. ;P

I also beat Danganronpa 1 and 2 in 2-4 days each. I remember seeing Sophia's screenshots for DR1, then remembered a friend actually lent me the game 6 months prior. Got hooked, beat it in 2 and a half days, ordered DR2 the day i best DR1, beat DR2 in 3 and a half days when it arrived

Dunno what you'd classify the story as, but the story behind the games are very, very intriguing to me

Lunar15

Newbie Atlus employee interview. Particularly interesting part about it is that one of the Effect Designers for Persona 5 graduated college in 2015, and presumably started working for Atlus around that time.

Kind of potentially implies some things about the dev. timeline.

It's hard to extrapolate. She may have been added to the team real late, and she's likely not the only effect designer on the team. Might have even been brought on to help with crunch.

We had direct gameplay footage as early as February 2015, so I definitely think they were pretty far along by then. My guess has always been that preliminary design started super late 2013, and the bulk of building that framework happened in 2014/2015 and then either issues or just a desire to put more content in kept pushing it back.

FluxWaveZ

It's hard to extrapolate. She may have been added to the team real late, and she's likely not the only effect designer on the team. Might have even been brought on to help with crunch.

We had direct gameplay footage as early as February 2015, so I definitely think they were pretty far along by then. My guess has always been that preliminary design started super late 2013, and the bulk of building that framework happened in 2014/2015 and then either issues or just a desire to put more content in kept pushing it back.

I think it's pretty much 100% that the new Effect Designer was added to the team very late into the game's development. Remember, Persona 5 was meant to be released in Winter 2014. It would make no sense if she actually joined the team early into the game's development (it'd mean for P5 to release in 2016, the game would have been 1-2 years in development).

The one thing that I know can be inferred from this information is that a new member was added to the Effect Design team for the game late into the development cycle of Persona 5, after the game was delayed. Effect Design is also an aspect of a game which is refined the most late into a game's development.

Setsu00

I'm not against it. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final has some compelling looking post-launch DLC, and extra but substantial additions to Persona 5 could be pretty good.

I'm just not a huge fan of having to buy DLC to experience the whole story.

Mephisto's design is great, though.

PK Gaming

All the previous protagonists return to fight Igor

Or just Makoto and Yu.

Classic Persona Starter Pack #1 ultra edition DLC: For $5.99, you gain access to the signature Persona of past protagonist's. Orpheus, Orpheus (the girl one) and Izanagi.

Persona beach set #1 sexy edition DLC: For $3.99 Anne and the unannounced female party members gain access to bikini alt costumes.

Money, money, money, money, money: For $1.99, gain access to a DLC mission that gives you infinite experience.

Sophia

I'm just not a huge fan of having to buy DLC to experience the whole story.

Mephisto's design is great, though.

I would totally take well designed bonus dungeons as DLC myself; providing they exist for the challenge, and not for overpowered rewards that let you skip half the game.

Something about the combination of DLC and a completely linear game that has a limited amount of available time to complete things just makes my butt clench incredibly tight.

A few months ago a bunch of cool peeps online collaborated to put together this fanmade Persona 3 and 4 themed Tarot deck with original fanart. It was a limited thing and sold out quick but mine arrived the other day and it's super neat!

RQMO6Zb.png

Here's just a few of the cards laid out. The art is lovely and there's this reflective pattern printed over them that looks very cool in person.

A few months ago a bunch of cool peeps online collaborated to put together this fanmade Persona 3 and 4 themed Tarot deck with original fanart. It was a limited thing and sold out quick but mine arrived the other day and it's super neat!

Here's just a few of the cards laid out. The art is lovely and there's this reflective pattern printed over them that looks very cool in person.
Do you happen to have a link to this project? Some of those fanarts look really interesting, I'd like to see more from those artists :D

FluxWaveZ

Final Fantasy XV's release date will be revealed in 2 weeks and it's looking like that'll be announced before Persona 5's release date will be. Never would have expected that to happen.

Now that you mention it, Strega managed to stay dead in all the spin-offs despite the fact Takaya was never confirmed to be permanently dead.

The state of one of the members
Chidori
is left ambiguous because of P4AU, though.

Top Bottom