• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Lunar15

As Tweeted here, Animate's been pretty consistent about tweeting—through multiple of their official accounts—for people to pre-order Persona 5 for a bit now.

March 18: https://twitter.com/animatenagano/status/711010083556040704
March 20: https://twitter.com/animatekamata/status/711729106677796865
March 21: https://twitter.com/animateodawara/status/712083948982161409
March 22: https://twitter.com/animateodawara/status/712270364420788224
March 22 (technically March 23): https://twitter.com/animateodawara/status/712440078665179137

They hadn't been talking about pre-orders before; guess they've opened them up recently.

Could mean something, but I'm going with them needing pre-orders before the end of Q1.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus (Japan) company briefing for prospective recruits tomorrow at 1:30 PM JST. They had apparently shown the full opening of Persona Q in the April 2014 briefing before it had been publicly released, but I wouldn't expect anything.

Also, if anyone can figure out this 5-letter domain owned by Atlus—using WHOIS—which starts with "s" and ends with "s" for "s _ _ _ s.co.jp", that'd be swell. Combinations I've tried already.

Could it be an acronym instead of an actual word?

E.g. 'smtds', which stands for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. Obviously that's an old game so it can't be that.

An initialism or acronym is possible, though its identity is more likely to be a ubiquitous term and not a known property becuase of its corporate designation. "smtds" was not it.

Could it be an acronym instead of an actual word?

E.g. 'smtds', which stands for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. Obviously that's an old game so it can't be that.

yuuki

Atlus (Japan) company briefing for prospective recruits tomorrow at 1:30 PM JST. They had apparently shown the full opening of Persona Q in the April 2014 briefing before it had been publicly released, but I wouldn't expect anything.

Also, if anyone can figure out this 5-letter domain owned by Atlus—using WHOIS—which starts with "s" and ends with "s" for "s _ _ _ s.co.jp", that'd be swell.
running an small script right now that looks for an valid url (letter only no numbers). Maybe it will find one.
with that we would have a list of legit sites to look at.

PK Gaming

Life is Strange said:
CmGEFHV.jpg

Erased said:

Atlus need to call their lawyers right fucking now

Mediking

Am I the only one who thinks it would be freaking awesome if the game started off during the winter or rainy months?

I really wanna see the world covered in snow and rain :)

And now a post for those of you with tinfoil-based headgear:

Last March, the voice director of P4G/Arena/Ultimax/PQ tweeted "Let's Dance!" This is likely when the voice recording for DAN started.

Today, she tweeted "And it begins!" Coincidence!? Yeah probably. But I thought the timing and the vagueness of it were interesting.

FluxWaveZ

Last March, the voice director of P4G/Arena/Ultimax/PQ tweeted "Let's Dance!" This is likely when the voice recording for DAN started.

Today, she tweeted "And it begins!" Coincidence!? Yeah probably. But I thought the timing and the vagueness of it were interesting.

Nice find, I do remember Arem's "Let's Dance!" tweet, along with a bunch of other VA tweets obviously hinting at P4D dubbing. Interesting.

Also, if anyone can figure out this 5-letter domain owned by Atlus—using WHOIS—which starts with "s" and ends with "s" for "s _ _ _ s.co.jp", that'd be swell. Combinations I've tried already.

If anyone else is trying to look into this—after trying hundreds of combinations and going by yuuki's auto-generated list—I'm pretty sure that the Atlus registered domain has a hyphen and/or a number in it. Can't figure out what it could be...

yuuki

Nice find, I do remember Arem's "Let's Dance!" tweet, along with a bunch of other VA tweets obviously hinting at P4D dubbing. Interesting.

If anyone else is trying to look into this—after trying hundreds of combinations and going by yuuki's auto-generated list—I'm pretty sure that the Atlus registered domain has a hyphen and/or a number in it. Can't figure out what it could be...

it also be that they dont use the url yet. In this case its an big trail and error.

ar4757

Deduction time.

John Hardin insisted 2015 right up until TGS last year. Assuming that was doable, which it must have been had Japan not delayed it, dubbing and the rest of the process would take a couple months, three at most.

Extrapolating from that, Persona 5 therefore should come out in July in the West (America only of course). June in Japan. It's not wishful thinking - it's truth.

2017 Europe

FluxWaveZ

it also be that they dont use the url yet. In this case its an big trail and error.

It's likely only a parked site now from the host. so if that wasn't picked up by the script then I guess it could still be just a word. At least I got a bunch of domains tried now... though I don't feel like that actually narrowed anything down.

Extrapolating from that, Persona 5 therefore should come out in July in the West (America only of course). June in Japan. It's not wishful thinking - it's truth.

Despite the facetiousness, do remember that Erin Fitzgerald stated that dubbing on P4D was finishing in April 2015, yet the game released in September 2015 in North America.

QuadOpto

Deduction time.

John Hardin insisted 2015 right up until TGS last year. Assuming that was doable, which it must have been had Japan not delayed it, dubbing and the rest of the process would take a couple months, three at most.

2017 Europe

Eh...if the Voice Director of Persona games has a habit of posting those phrases when voice recordings begin, and she similarly did it before with PDAN beginning in March and the game releasing in September, doesn't that mean, at the absolute hopeful minimum Persona 5 would have an NA release date of late September? And that's from an un-informed, viewpoint from me, who has no idea how any of this works.

Persona 5 also probably has a lot more dialogue in general than P4DAN did, and this is only extrapolating if they handle voice dubbing as the last step of the localization process. Depending on how it works, it'd be more solid to guess October or maybe even November.

One good thing about this news though, which makes me somewhat optimistic, is the note that they're starting English voice dubbing at all. In a roundabout way, that would mean they have the script, or almost all of the script, which means the the Japan side's most likely completely finished with it.(The script, I mean). So, that at least bodes well for them releasing it in Japan this Summer.

Right now I'll firmly believe in July/Japan and Late September/NA.

I'll also bet on E3 having a dubbed trailer of PV#3 playing with the actual NA release date at the end!

(...Let's pull out the dunce caps again. :p)

Lunar15

I honestly think both FFXV and Persona 5 are both going to come out in Novemeber in the US.

That month is going to be fucking stacked. if AtlusUSA is on point, they'll hopefully get it out by october at the latest.

What else is there for later in the year for JRPGs? Cold Steel 2, World of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Dragon Quest VII/VIII, Pokemon, potentially Etrian V/SMT IV F.

I'm sure at least a few of those will release near XV/P5 too. Although I wouldn't be surprised if XV is earlier than November.

Makio

If that tweet really is what everyone wants to be , really got my hopes high to hear the dub of Persona 5 in the next E3. (My body is ready)

About the japanese release date i was thinking in June back in the first month of the year , but right now and it seems they are waiting for FF XV to made their move i seeing July - August now (depending in what date Final Fantasy gets) .

Im still believe in a 2016 release date here in America and im already to wear a dunce cap again for it.

Mediking

If that tweet really is what everyone wants to be , really got my hopes high to hear the dub of Persona 5 in the next E3. (My body is ready)

About the japanese release date i was thinking in June back in the first month of the year , but right now and it seems they are waiting for FF XV to made their move i seeing July - August now (depending in what date Final Fantasy gets) .

Im still believe in a 2016 release date here in America and im already to wear a dunce cap again for it.

Yeah, its coming in 2016.

Nachos

Yeah, there's nothing to go off. Just off the top of my head, this could be for IV Final, Cold Steel 2, some other niche localization, a mobile game, or a AAA game, instead.

Unless it's a Record Breaker situation, and we don't get the game for another ten months.

Eh...if the Voice Director of Persona games has a habit of posting those phrases when voice recordings begin, and she similarly did it before with PDAN beginning in March and the game releasing in September, doesn't that mean, at the absolute hopeful minimum Persona 5 would have an NA release date of late September?

I'll also bet on E3 having a dubbed trailer of PV#3 playing with the actual NA release date at the end!
Assuming things haven't changed much in seven years, then yeah, there would still be 3–6 months between localization and shipping. That mirrors what Hatsuu at Xseed has said, too. Unless P5 is largely unvoiced, I imagine recording would take a little more than a month.

I just hope Atlus records/mixes separate audio for the trailers. They started recording VO specifically for trailers with Etrian Untold 2 (maybe DAN, too?), so hopefully they're used to working like that now.

I honestly think both FFXV and Persona 5 are both going to come out in Novemeber in the US.
Isn't there that rumor that XV's launching on September 30? Unconfirmed, but corroborated by a few sources, apparently.

Top Bottom