• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

Just to put more into the Valerie Arem tweet "theory", she tweet "Let's Dance" in March 16th and exactly 3 months later (June 16th) we got our first glimpse to the dub of Dancing All Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Lw4683vkM

Not like we know how far is the Persona 5 dub is , or how long is going to take to dub a game that big , but seems the right timeframe to get something done in the next E3 ....like the PV03 dubbed

(Or she is teasing other game like SMT Final or a non Atlus one lol).

Yeah, there's nothing to go off. Just off the top of my head, this could be for IV Final, Cold Steel 2, some other niche localization, a mobile game, or a AAA game, instead.
As an aside, I'm loving Cold Steel's localization so far. I think the writing itself is very sharp, and the cast really do a good job of bringing the lines to life. Knowing PCB did the recording makes me hopeful that P5 will have new blood voicing the major characters, rather than more repeats.

Also, thanks for posting those articles on localization. I always enjoy reading those, and while most of it didn't surprise me, this bit from Hatsuu's article did:
Hatsuu said:
For example, one small sentence on our part could equal an automatic failure.

Example 1: “If you press the ‘A’ button, you can do a rolling dash!

Example 2: “If you press ‘A’, you can do a rolling dash!

Did you know that if you use example 1, you can automatically fail that very important test? Using ‘the’ and ‘button’ when describing said buttons goes against official Nintendo terminology, so it’s a big no-no.

Makio

For a dub as miscast as Fire Emblem Fates (i mean put Fuuka Yamagishi original VA to voice Camilla and Orochi is a crime against humanity) there a few VA i would like to get in Persona 5 (or future Atlus games) and there are "new blood" not got a lot of video game roles , so there can be a fresh addition over used to death VA like PCB like to use

For example

Max Mittelman (Leo - Kaden - Forrest)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of6q53tajQY

Brianna Knickerbocker (Sakura - Charlotte) *She could be a great fit for Ann
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBI23g1nKGs

Antony del Rio (Silas)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEpBD5rJXWM

Marcella Lentz-Pope (Smash Female Corrin - Scarlet)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OZ693W8OGA
-------

Cold Steel is the Legend of Heroes game right , because there some solid Voice Acting in there and a few of actors i take for P5 anytime (Ben Diskin , Edward Bosco, Kira Buckland , Carrie Keranen , Sean Chiplock , Rena Strober).

PK Gaming

Bringing this back

tumblr_mitd5xFvy91r61dieo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mitd5xFvy91r61dieo2_500.jpg

Source

Anybody else hoping that they cast a group of complete unknowns for P5?

It would be nice to hear the voices without going "oh thats so-and-so from that other game"

I know that the JP cast is kind of incredible, but we already had the dream english casts with P3/P4.

daevious

It would be nice to hear the voices without going "oh thats so-and-so from that other game"

I know that the JP cast is kind of incredible, but we already had the dream english casts with P3/P4.

There's been an influx of vocal talent since P4 was first dubbed, so getting new voices shouldn't be too difficult.

Dantis

I'd like some actors who sound less typically anime. P4 original was really good for it (Lowenthal's performance was super grounded, for example), but post P4 they've been getting steadily wackier.

cj_iwakura

Funimation is very good at avoiding the usual suspects as of late, I didn't recognize anyone in Steins;Gate's or Robotics;Notes' dub.

cj_iwakura

Does SMT4 factor into that trend?

The VA was adequate. Soul Hackers was the best dub work they've done in ages. Everyone had a great voice. The only thing I thought was irritating was Liam O'Brian as Spooky. He doesn't sound any different from Akihiko. They could've given him a deeper voice. Someone like the guy who voiced Jonathan Ingram in Policenauts.

I wasn't counting it, but I don't even know. I can't remember the voice acting for SMT4 at all.

The main 3 (Jonathan, Walter, Isabeau) were all pretty good, although I dont remember what ANY side character sounded like except Navarre, and that's just because it was Liam O'Brien.

Although, the 3DS is a piece of shit machine so the audio quality is always terrible in its games, so it's hard to get a good read on the quality of SMT4.

FluxWaveZ

BTW: The regular broadcast of Persona 4 the Golden Animation did not happen today for whatever reason, so the final episode will air next week and not today.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Sorry to keep posting Zero Escape stuff in this thread, but I know a bunch of you have played them, and I'm not going near any community threads until I've finished VLR.

Not enjoying this one as much as 999. Every person in the cast is (at times) a complete shit, which is making it difficult to really care about any of them. I also don't like the way the puzzle rooms navigate now, and I've found myself missing more details.

I've also resorted to a FAQ for a few puzzles, which isn't something I had to do in 999. Maybe I'm an idiot though. In the rooms where I've missed getting the secret files I haven't had a clue what I should have done.

Here are some spoiler laden predictions I have about the plot, I'm curious to see how many end up being right, or near enough right:

The game has pretty much spelled this one out already, but it's all taking place something like 20-50 years after the date you were abducted. Everyone has just been waiting in the fridge for years.

I think Tenmyouji is Santa, and the old dead woman who turned up on one of the paths is presumably June.

K is someone from 999, otherwise they wouldn't make a point of obscuring his identity. I'm thinking maybe Seven or Snake?

Sigma has robot arms because of a lumberjacking accident.

Also have to agree with the comments about audio on the 3DS. Everyone sounds like they're reading their lines into a tin-can.

Sorry to keep posting Zero Escape stuff in this thread, but I know a bunch of you have played them, and I'm not going near any community threads until I've finished VLR.

Not enjoying this one as much as 999. Every person in the cast is (at times) a complete shit, which is making it difficult to really care about any of them. I also don't like the way the puzzle rooms navigate now, and I've found myself missing more details.

I've also resorted to a FAQ for a few puzzles, which isn't something I had to do in 999. Maybe I'm an idiot though. In the rooms where I've missed getting the secret files I haven't had a clue what I should have done..

I loved that everyone was an asshole in VLR. Made every ambidex game a pretty tough choice, even though I knew I'd be choosing both anyway in the end to complete the story.

Though I also did not enjoy the puzzle rooms. They're not a single cohesive puzzles like the rooms in 999, just a jumble of confusing puzzles put together in the same room, and some of the later rooms are just a slog to get through.

Persona Q question : I just unlocked the
_______Clock Tower Labyrinth_________
, how far am I from the end of the game ? I'm getting a little tired of it. Thanks

random post: It's strange how in the anime and manga adaptations of Persona 4, the characters don't carry weapons, like Yosuke's kunai or the protagonist's sword, but they leave Yukiko as the exception. So she'll pull a fan out of hammer space, for no reason. Style points I guess.

daevious

random post: It's strange how in the anime and manga adaptations of Persona 4, the characters don't carry weapons, like Yosuke's kunai or the protagonist's sword, but they leave Yukiko as the exception. So she'll pull a fan out of hammer space, for no reason. Style points I guess.

It's easier to carry a fan in real life than it is a sword, so it's not too much of a stretch, but I never noticed that before.

Zolo

I wonder how that'll work out in Persona 5 as far as the adaptions for that go. Of course, the movie adaptions had the weapons for the characters.

cheez124

this always bugged the hell out of me. the weapons are cool, and they're a canon part of the story too, so it's weird how they omitted them in the anime. having the personas take care of everything got kind of boring, i would've loved to see yu use his katana, or kanji with his folding chair. the p3 movies got this right, at least

Top Bottom