• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

FluxWaveZ

This month's Stalker Club seems late.

Not particularly. The episodes are normally released on the last day of the month that is not a weekend. There are some exceptions like December because of Holidays, but that's been the case for a long while otherwise (February 2016, January 2016, November 2015, October 2015, etc. were the same).

What do you guys think could be in a CE? Aside from the standard affair like an artbook, soundtrack selections, and maybe a steelbook/poster.

A statue? A mask replica? Or something completely unexpected.

Zolo

I didn't realize until reading Yosuke's Persona 4 Arena description that he was apparently the brains of the investigation team.

I didn't realize until reading Yosuke's Persona 4 Arena description that he was apparently the brains of the investigation team.
OYAwsbp.jpg

Is Teddie the wild card? Then who's the looks?

Lunar15

What do you guys think could be in a CE? Aside from the standard affair like an artbook, soundtrack selections, and maybe a steelbook/poster.

A statue? A mask replica? Or something completely unexpected.

Good World: Arsene replica or mask replica

Bad World: Morgana plushie. Although I'm sure plenty of people would be happy with that.

OYAwsbp.jpg

Is Teddie the wild card? Then who's the looks?

Always relevant.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Off topic again, but I just finished VLR.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Now I get why everyone went nuts over the Zero Time Dilemma trailer, you've been waiting four years for this - it's just like being a Persona fan.

Well he was always the most active one during the reunions, the one making plans and also made theories about the case from time to time so more than 'brains' I would say he was more of the 'leader' type,

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Don't worry, Atlus will hijack the FF XV event tomorrow and announce the release date. T-minus 24 hours to go!

Imma Kanye the shit out of it. Grab the mic from Greg "ayo, Final Fantasy is great and I'm happy for you, but Persona 5 is the greatest JRPG of all time. OF ALL TIME!"

Lunar15

Knowing Atlus/Atlus USA/Hardin, we're going to get announcement on April 1st and no one will know whether to believe it or not.

Until Naoto joins he's by far the member that contributes the most to pushing the investigation forward. A lot of people seem to miss that which I find really weird. It's also why I don't get the comparison to Junpei, he's just plain dumb, something Yosuke definitely isn't.
I think the first impression created by his first scenes (bike accident, getting kicked by Chie because of the dvd) gives the notion that he's just there for comic relief and that impression ends up staying with people even after they beat the game.

Maybe saying he's the brains of the investigation isn't the best way to describe him but he's by far the most proactive member.

Knowing Atlus/Atlus USA/Hardin, we're going to get announcement on April 1st and no one will know whether to believe it or not.
I have never been more excited for April 1st. I want to believe.
We all know how it ended last time we hoped for something good. And the OT title is there to remind us at any given time.

1st April is also the start of the Japanese fiscal year, so you sometimes get legitimate news and stuff coming then.

And the next Stalker Club is tomorrow, so that could have a message from Yusuke's VO, if it follows the current trend

atlusprime

Atlus PR

I've had that issue before. I put out a press release on April 1, and I had to put in like...6 different places "this is not an April 1 joke, this is legit."

Also, if it were April 1, I totally would take credit for that FFXV leak, but it's not so I just feel bad for all parties concerned :(

FluxWaveZ

The Persona 4 Arena Ultimax leak for Rise and Ken from Best Buy was fun times. Especially since we weren't totally sure it was actually a leak, so there was a lot of speculation about the legitimacy of Rise being there.

Having TMS #FE re-reveald on April 1, 2015 was fun because of the underlying "is this an April Fool's joke?" sentiment.

Lunar15

I've had that issue before. I put out a press release on April 1, and I had to put in like...6 different places "this is not an April 1 joke, this is legit."

Also, if it were April 1, I totally would take credit for that FFXV leak, but it's not so I just feel bad for all parties concerned :(

Leaks are never fun. Once had an issue where I was setting up an ad campaign for a website, had them sign an NDA, and then as soon as they received the assets they went and leaked. Nothing like Activision calling you on your cell phone at 2 in the morning!

Ever since, I genuinely feel bad for pretty much everyone involved whenever there's a big leak.

I think leaks are fine as long as there's no definitive proof, so the surprise technically isn't ruined. So I guess that just means I'm fine with rumors.

On another subject, I was listening to the Friendcast and the topic came up about VA changes. Chie's was only briefly mentioned, but it's got me thinking.

Assuming P4D's the last one, P4's female cast has almost the full range of casting change stories:
We have totally consistent through the whole series (Yukiko),
changed after the first entry, then unchanging (Chie),
changed midway (Naoto kinda, if you ignore the anime),
the sudden change at the last entry (Rise).
Now all we need is someone who changes VA every time and we've got a full set!

edit:

Guys I need to vent. I'm fuming right now. I ordered the figure of Rise in her Dancing All Night costume, and it was supposed to arrive today. The tracking info tells me that it was delivered and signed for by someone that wasn't me, or my roommate... so who has her? On hold with the postal company now, but I really hope she's not gone forever. It wasn't cheap. ;-;

Jeez, that sucks. Hope things turn out alright.

lilty

Guys I need to vent. I'm fuming right now. I ordered the figure of Rise in her Dancing All Night costume, and it was supposed to arrive today. The tracking info tells me that it was delivered and signed for by someone that wasn't me, or my roommate... so who has her? On hold with the postal company now, but I really hope she's not gone forever. It wasn't cheap. ;-;

Olengie

Very unfortunate Laura wasnt available. But I cant blame her. She was recording for Gears of War 4, Uncharted 4, and whatever else.

Very unfortunate Laura wasnt available. But I cant blame her. She was recording for Gears of War 4, Uncharted 4, and whatever else.

I just hope she gets to return as Nozomi in 4F.

Oh my goodness. They delivered it to my neighbours a few doors down. The lady on the phone was in shock that the carrier would do that. Everything worked out in the end.

It's a really nice fig. Happy to add it to my collection of Persona merch.

Phew! That's a relief!

Setsu00

About five minutes ago during the Uncovered FFXV stream: "Originally I thought this was going to be for Persona 5."

Who at Atlus was responsible for this?

give it a day before panicking. Ive had shit appear after being said it was delivered the previous day. Never happened with signature required before though.

Im pretty lucky. I've got a pretty large collection of imports and havent had a single delivery failure

Top Bottom