• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

At this point i believe is more possible the tease is for the anime then for another delay like some people keep saying.

Whatever they got plan is going to be something good...im positive.

But then again some people would not accept anything as good besides the release date.

Just happy the game alive and in track again.

#TeamSummer

I am 100% certain that this is not just for the anime, and I feel like it's pretty likely that there will be a release date announced that is before 20th September, so still technically Summer depending on how you measure it.

Setsu00

The countdowns are fun. I hope we get to see how far Mitsuaki Madono has come with his P4D skills.

Things that won't happen:
Any sort of worldwide release information
A feature length CG movie with TV voice talent
A car
PV2

Are you telling me that Anne screaming "Morgana, we need a car!!" wasn't a tease for a collaboration with Audi for a P5 themed car?

FluxWaveZ

They'll be fine. Fans like me and you will buy the game regardless of how we are treated.

That doesn't mean they're not going to market the game. Did you see how much Persona 5 presence the Atlus USA booth had at E3 last year? Persona 5 was even on every E3 badge people were given. Plus, Persona 5 is one of Sony's significant exclusives slated for this year. It's also Atlus' biggest game to date.

They're not going to ignore it like that; the statement that "Atlus doesn't care about regions outside of Japan, so Persona 5 won't be marketed" in simple venues like a montage has always seemed weird to me. Persona 4: Dancing All Night was in last year's E3 montage.

Lunar15

Atlus had arguably the flashiest and loudest booth at E3 last year... for a Vita dancing game. They even bothered to have a whole section devoted to P5 despite only having a trailer and some images for it.

I wouldn't worry about P5 at this year's E3. Atlus USA are champs at E3. They got Kanye West to wear a Rise nametag.
dd597907a6c4063ab9f78aa35597b5f2.528x598x1.png

muteki

Lord help me if there is an Anime released between the JP and NA dates.

I imagine it will be a good story reference when I inevitably import and slog through it with my sub-par reading comprehension.

That doesn't mean they're not going to market the game. Did you see how much Persona 5 presence the Atlus USA booth had at E3 last year? Persona 5 was even on every E3 badge people were given. Plus, Persona 5 is one of Sony's significant exclusives slated for this year. It's also Atlus' biggest game to date.

They're not going to ignore it like that; the statement that "Atlus doesn't care about regions outside of Japan, so Persona 5 won't be marketed" in simple venues like a montage has always seemed weird to me. Persona 4: Dancing All Night was in last year's E3 montage.

No, I didn't attend E3 last year so I didn't see its presence at SEGA's booth. Most people don't attend to these events or even follow them that much. That's why having a presence in Sony's press conference is so important.

I'm not saying that they won't market the game. Sure, they will have their own streams for western version of the game and release English trailers at those events and such, but having a trailer in Sony's E3 conference when the game isn't even out in Japan? Yeah, that's not happening.

Let's not forget that this is the same company that didn't even bother to give Sony the PV1 to show at PSX 2014, so they were forced to just announce the game's localization with a simple logo.

FluxWaveZ

No, I didn't attend E3 last year so I didn't see its presence at SEGA's booth. Most people don't attend to these events or even follow them that much. That's why having a presence in Sony's press conference is so important.

I'm not saying that they won't market the game. Sure, they will have their own streams for western version of the game and release English trailers at those events and such, but having a trailer in Sony's E3 conference when the game isn't even out in Japan? Yeah, that's not happening.

Atlus has their own booth, they don't share one with Sega. It looked like this last year:
And, again, Persona 4: Dancing All Night had a small spot in Sony's Vita montage last year before the game was released in Japan. How is Persona 5 different here?

The initial point was Persona 5 appearing in a montage video at Sony's conference. There is absolutely nothing outlandish about that, and I would even fully expect it this year.

Lunar15

Atlus actually had a pretty sizeable booth. They expanded it from previous years.

I'd rate the Sony montage as likely. Sony's 1st party output this year looks anemic, so they really need to talk up their 3rd party exclusives. It also helps that they can show 2 major JRPG's to hit a certain demographic they want.

Atlus has their own booth, they don't share one with Sega. It looked like this last year:

And, again, Persona 4: Dancing All Night had a small spot in Sony's Vita montage last year before the game was released in Japan. How is Persona 5 different here?

The initial point was Persona 5 appearing in a montage video at Sony's conference. There is absolutely nothing outlandish about that, and I would even fully expect it this year.

Oh sorry, then it appears that I have misread the initial post. I thought we were talking about an actual trailer, which have no chance of happening.

Appearing in montage is guaranteed though, I agree. I suspect we'll see a very short footage of it in Sony's montage. Something close to what we saw of Yakuza 5 last year, which was around 3 seconds.

Squire

Banned
Lord help me if there is an Anime released between the JP and NA dates.

I imagine it will be a good story reference when I inevitably import and slog through it with my sub-par reading comprehension.

It's not going to be a big enough gap in releases to bother importing, though I know there's simply no stopping some people.

DNAbro

Just a thought, I'm expecting both TLG and Horizon to get delayed to 2017; it would be funny/sad if P5 became the big exclusive they have, just like I was hoping last year.

Makio

With Uncharted even released at that point (unless get delayed too), i cant really think of another playstation exclusive to overshadow Persona 5.

muteki

It's not going to be a big enough gap in releases to bother importing, though I know there's simply no stopping some people.

That would be wonderful, but anything more than a month and I'll break. If the JP date comes and there is no NA date yet I'll break. Depending on the extra bits/store exclusives that might push me over the edge too.

Makio

Funny Persona 3 releases in July 13th 2006 and Persona 4 releases in July 10th 2008....

Im almost convinced the game is not getting a release date before August , but would be cool to get P5 in the week of July 10th - July 16th just for "history" coincidence.

Funny Persona 3 releases in July 13th 2006 and Persona 4 releases in July 10th 2008....

Im almost convinced the game is not getting a release date before August , but would be cool to get P5 in the week of July 10th - July 16th just for "history" coincidence.

Or to make it a trend, make it July 7th.

Squire

Banned
The logistics for July have run their course. I think it's mid-August at best. And I hope it is because I expect NA will be timed to two months later.

Makio

Same here that's why i wanted in July - early August so bad , so we can see it in America before the year ends.

October - Mid November.

(All depends how long Atlus USA have been working in the game , how fast they can get it)

The SMT Apocalypse scenario dont made me so hopeful this time.

November - Early December.

Atlus USA release windows are inconsistent enough that there's no real pattern to tell how long the localisation delay will be though.

Squire

Banned
Same here that's why i wanted in July - early August so bad , so we can see it in America before the year ends.

October - Mid November.

(All depends how long Atlus USA have been working in the game , how fast they can get it)

The SMT Apocalypse scenario dont made me so hopeful this time.

I think you could reasonably assume P5 took priority over SMTIVA and that that's why the gap between releases is so big for that particular game.

Zolo

Got done with the P3 story mode of Ultimax. That was definitely a lot better than P4's was!

I was expecting Aigis to be the one to fight the final boss in this one, but I'm actually satisfied with it being Labrys. She definitely deserved it more than any of the other characters. I also still don't like Sho, but his interaction with Labrys was a lot better than the others. It probably helped that Labrys being an experiment herself actually COULD relate/sympathize with Sho unlike Adachi who had a perfectly normal life. I also liked that it ended with him actually kind of joking around with Labrys rather than just threatening everyone.

Junpei and Yukari didn't really seem exaggerated which was good compared to Akihiko who got hit with it the worst I felt in Arena, though he seemed better in Ultimax if only because he didn't go on about protein as much. I kinda wish Aigis got more time, but I'm fine with Junpei, Ken, and Yukari getting more since they weren't in the last game.

Main story-wise, it helps that it feels like the P3 cast were more related to the main plot with their connection to Ikutsuki, and Labrys having a closer connection to Sho than the others.

The true end was nice if only because the interaction between the two teams there was pretty enjoyable. I guess I'll do the Adachi questline.....but I don't really enjoy him in this game, so I guess I'll just get that over with.

Got done with the P3 story mode of Ultimax. That was definitely a lot better than P4's was!

I was expecting Aigis to be the one to fight the final boss in this one, but I'm actually satisfied with it being Labrys. She definitely deserved it more than any of the other characters. I also still don't like Sho, but his interaction with Labrys was a lot better than the others. It probably helped that Labrys being an experiment herself actually COULD relate/sympathize with Sho unlike Adachi who had a perfectly normal life. I also liked that it ended with him actually kind of joking around with Labrys rather than just threatening everyone.

Honestly, that's what I hated most about it. "Oh, we realized you had a rough life, so now we get to laugh off your bullshit after what you almost did?"
Fuck that.

Oh, and don't worry about Adachi's DLC, it's not that long.

July 8th for Ps4 and Pc?

Why do i still not believe this even though its on the official site?

Yeah, something about this feels really odd. For one thing, the announcement for this countdown mentioned the PS3 release, for another the news post for this date on P-ch only mentions the PS4 and not PS3 or PC. Plus it feels way too soon, even if we assume that the umbrella was about Resi 5.

And the news post is really barebones too, even if it was posted too early.

Plus July 8th is a Friday

I'm thinking it could just be that we're technically not supposed to know that they were dropping PS3 yet and they were going to announce it on the 5th. The post is also dated as May 5th as well so...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, the PC thing was a bit much. Why drop the PS3 version all of a sudden when it was already announced it was coming?

Anyway

Alright, admit it.

Which one of you hacked the site?

Top Bottom