• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, something about this feels really odd. For one thing, the announcement for this countdown mentioned the PS3 release, for another the news post for this date on P-ch only mentions the PS4 and not PS3 or PC. Plus it feels way too soon, even if we assume that the umbrella was about Resi 5.

And the news post is really barebones too, even if it was posted too early.

Plus July 8th is a Friday

I think P5 is a game that could be significant enough to differ from the standard Thursday release date as some other games do, but you were right: totally fake.

It seemed off to me as well but, man, I never imagined that it would actually be the result of a hack.

PK Gaming

fire_community.gif

Nimby

Banned
Are we allowed to post the new trailer footage here, if so I'm going to stay far away from here on the 5th.

Didn't plan on watching it, but I'm probably going to cave and watch anyway

Does Youtube have an option that lets me hide anything P5 related? I'm not taking any chances when this game releases in Japan. That's how the killer in P4 was spoiled for me.
even though I've already known who it was based on his first appearance

Strimei

Does Youtube have an option that lets me hide anything P5 related? I'm not taking any chances when this game releases in Japan. That's how the killer in P4 was spoiled for me.
even though I've already known who it was based on his first appearance

Not to my knowledge. Best bet is to just do your best to not look at related videos and such. Good luck!

(Also long time lurker, first time poster. Hiya!)

Zolo

It was never really talked about, but yeah. I agree being allowed to openly talked is a good idea, though I'd still spoiler critical analysis like
Ann's stalker who turns out to be one of the first bosses
, but it should mostly be open.

cj_iwakura

It was never really talked about, but yeah. I agree being allowed to openly talked is a good idea, though I'd still spoiler critical analysis like
Ann's stalker who turns out to be one of the first bosses
, but it should mostly be open.

I think that's fair.

Zolo

It was never officially agreed upon I don't think? I'd have to go back and look. I know I started discussions, but it went nowhere due to Dantis being banned at the time.

Dantis made a post about being able to talk about all officially released material.....but we never really replied or discussed it which is what I meant.

Dantis made a post about being able to talk about all officially released material.....but we never really replied or discussed it which is what I meant.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. This post:
Also, by spoilering that, I've just remembered we need to discuss spoiler policies. FUN TIMES.
After many moons of consideration, my thoughts are as follows:

In regards to Persona 3 and Persona 4, I feel we should show some degree of consideration. Things like character deaths, or the reveal of the Persona 4 antagonist, should be spoiler marked. I don't think it matters how old the games are, because Persona is a series whose popularity has only really come into play in a big way since the release of P4G. And we can all say "But P4 came out in 2008!", but we all know that a lot of people first got into it with P4G, including many people in here. As far as things like super-bosses, I personally wouldn't consider them a spoiler, but it's difficult to cover everything in the games, so just use a bit of common sense. And if it bothers someone, then just spoiler it. It's not a big deal to highlight a word and press the spoiler button.

In my opinion, anybody should be able to enter this thread, and talk about Persona, without having the story spoiled. There is a moment in P4 that is a lot better if you haven't been spoiled, so in my opinion we shouldn't.

In regards to Persona 5, after discussing it with Sophia, I think that maybe we should say that all officially released media (As in, by Atlus, not leaks or whatever) is fair play. At a certain point we're going to want to talk about why scrunchie-chan is the most kawaii party member.

Whatever we decide upon, I want people to follow it, please. I don't care if some members don't like it, and I don't care what the rules are in other forums. What we decide in here is what goes. And I'll do my best not to say things that get me banned, also.

Sorry for bringing down the mood, love you all!
Edit: Just wanted to add that I agree with Dantis' suggestion.

Sophia

Probably should have the OP updated then to reflect it (several of the images appear to be broken, Dantis?) but if nobody has any major objections then maybe we should make that official.

Especially because it's very likely we'll get PV4 on May 5th alongside the release date. Personally, I'd say if you have any objections to that change, you should voice them before that point so we're all on the same page.

Lunar15

Yep, what Dantis said makes perfect sense.

I think after PV04 I'm gonna blackout, even on official stuff, so I'll just avoid this thread for a while if it gets to be a lot of stuff.

In general, I try to spoiler tag story speculation that veers far away from what Atlus has shown us. Even if it turns out to not be true, I think people would rather not have certain connections made for them.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm down for officially released stuff. I'm never been big on not being spoiled, but that seems sensible, since it's really tough to parse through what official released stuff is allowed to be talked about and what isn't. Just a flat "Atlus said it, so we can say it" is fine by me.

Mediking

I think it would be cool if you could choose what the main guy said for All Out Attacks in Persona 5. I'm playing Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden and the main guy never says anything cool for All Out Attacks even when he engages them.

Just have it optional.

I wanna say something really blood thirsty and awesome for me. Lol

Top Bottom