• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

bla_1462451400.png

DNAbro

IT'S HAPPENING

That 5/5 release date announcement is happening, only a year later than I predicted. I remember I one point I was hoping it would be released then.

PK Gaming

That was before today, though. Changes things.

Indeed.

I'm still feeling confident that the game will get a delay. No point in doing a countdown for a game that will come out 1-2 months after.

We're getting the release date for sure this time and a news blowout to compensate. The next few weeks are going to be fun~

Lmao. Thanks for sharing that link. These Persona comics are amazing.

There's a comic of Minato
being dead
and I laughed. First time I ever laughed about what happens to him at the end. I usually cry because in my heart...
he doesn't die at the end of Persona 3 FES

Not
permanently
, at least... :p

Is anyone else sick of all of these countdowns? I'm really excited for the game itself, but it feels so unnecessary to turn every single announcement into and "event" that's probably just going to be another drawn out series of even more countdowns anyway. Just release a trailer whenever it's ready.

FluxWaveZ

Is anyone else sick of all of these countdowns? I'm really excited for the game itself, but it feels so unnecessary to turn every single announcement into and "event" that's probably just going to be another drawn out series of even more countdowns anyway. Just release a trailer whenever it's ready.

Persona 5 is Atlus' biggest game ever and one of the most anticipated games of all time for a lot of people, so I think turning significant announcements into an event is warranted. Obviously, the problem lies when they have been rather plentiful because of delays and such, kind of making them turn into a running gag. If this one can be a climactic, final countdown tease, I think that would be the best scenario.

Setsu00

Eh, I sort of like countdowns, especially when I have good reason to believe that they'll lead up to something worthwhile.

Makio

don't expect an NA release unless Atlus USA teasing information the day before.

I would be very surprised if Atlus USA reveals something before E3 , we all know this is a Japan only thing unless they hitting for a worldwide release which is very unlikely but not out of the table at all.

The delay was clearly to use 5/5 as an announcement day after missing it last year.

Too bad they put the game in the summer , May 5th would be a kickass release date if they would planned right.

Implying they reveal the release date this time , i would go with July for 3 reasons.

1.Both P3 and P4 were originally released in July , not would be coincidence if P5 follow that path.

2.From May 5th to July 5th they have 60 days to market the shit out of the game it have 5 trailers and a lot buzz already , done right i dont see why they need 3-4 months more. (Win a couple of days if they release it from July 15th to 30th).

3.Plus July fit well with the summer window.

August and September seems the safest bets but im going hopeful with July.

#TeamSummer all the way.

Zolo

I like that I actually know when to expect news instead of wondering if we'll get anything in the month.
May was kinda its last month it could show anything for Summer anyway in the same way Telltale saying something releases a certain month has to release in its last week.

The countdowns are fun. I hope we get to see how far Mitsuaki Madono has come with his P4D skills.

Realistic expectations:
Japanese release details, date, special edition.
PV4
Anime details
Persona Anniversary event details.

Things that won't happen:
Any sort of worldwide release information
A feature length CG movie with TV voice talent
A car
PV2

Squire

Banned
I would be very surprised if Atlus USA reveals something before E3 , we all know this is a Japan only thing unless they hitting for a worldwide release which is very unlikely but not out of the table at all.

Too bad they put the game in the summer , May 5th would be a kickass release date if they would planned right.

Implying they reveal the release date this time , i would go with July for 3 reasons.

1.Both P3 and P4 were originally released in July , not would be coincidence if P5 follow that path.

2.From May 5th to July 5th they have 60 days to market the shit out of the game it have 5 trailers and a lot buzz already , done right i dont see why they need 3-4 months more. (Win a couple of days if they release it from July 15th to 30th).

3.Plus July fit well with the summer window.

August and September seems the safest bets but im going hopeful with July.

#TeamSummer all the way.

It's been mentioned before, but you do actually need to give retailers a lead time of about four months. This is an August-September release, looks like.

Makio

It's been mentioned before, but you do actually need to give retailers a lead time of about four months. This is an August-September release, looks like.

Well Shit .... August then.

Really hope the game can make it to America in 2016.

Looking forward to the E3.

yuuki

maybe they already know the date since a while and already had a few lead months? this would explain why the sites could potentially leak the release window. This also could explain why animate(?) is tweeting about it.

but all this is just speculation.

Squire

Banned
Well Shit .... August then.

Really hope the game can make it to America in 2016.

Looking forward to the E3.

It'll hit both, I'm sure. May is Japan's event, E3 is ours.
Pick a god and prey, EU.

This event's timing fits in well with the "between the 18/08 - 30/09" rumour. So I would say mid to late August or early September.

Yeah, exactly. The four months thing is what Duckroll said in that very thread, actually.

maybe they already know the date since a while and already had a few lead months? this would explain why the sites could potentially leak the release window. This also could explain why animate(?) is tweeting about it.

but all this is just speculation.

The release window rumour apparently does come from a blog with retail connections, so if that's accurate then some retailers already know.

yuuki

May 5th.

Hashino comes on stage:

some talk about p5 "... sadly its delayed to 2017"

light goes out, glass breaks, police sirens, MC Voice "We will steal the game now!"

or something like this.

Chance of it happening? Very slim.

Lunar15

Don't really care what happens in the countdown. They could have Mooroka punching Yu in the face over and over while Teddie sings rock ballads for 3 days as long as we end up with a Summer 2016 JP release date at the end.

Squire

Banned
dc6.png

Dubbed PV03 (or 4) or go home Atlus USA .... really need that in my life now.... XD.

I would be happy with the SMT Apocalypse dub tho.

I imagine both are inbound.

Also, lmao is that from Awakenikg?! LMAO. Dunno if I'll promote Fred though. Been using that dude as a stat wagon.

Will this finally be the year that Persona 5 gets montage presence during Sony's conference?

I could swear it's already been in a Sony montage!

I imagine both are inbound.

Also, lmao is that from Awakenikg?! LMAO. Dunno if I'll promote Fred though. Been using that dude as a stat wagon.

I could swear it's already been in a Sony montage!

There were clips of PV2 during their TGS conference. Don't think it's ever had footage at an English one though.

Sophia

Would be kind of cool if the English version was shown off at E3, but I'm not expecting it.

Hoping we get proper battle footage out of the May 5th announcement.

QuadOpto

Imagine if they just announce an anime and a spin off. LMAO

Riot.

Actually isn't there a fairly possible chance this could actually be an announcement for the promotional anime?

Just imagine, a fully animated trailer, with a release date of July at the end...

...Then you look at the top of the YouTube video and it says CM1.

Zolo

Aren't we supposed to get a promotional episode before the game actually releases? I wouldn't be surprised if the release date for that was announced too.

Gecoma

I don't know if I'm ready to live in a world were persona 5 is getting some actual marketing you guys. English va trailers & E3 appearances seem like a pipe dream after the last 2 years. I won't believe in a summer release date until I'm downloading it, in any language. Team
pessimist
ruin for life.

Top Bottom