• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Setsu00

@ Green Mamba: Excellent as always. I enjoy your thinking behind the personas as much as the drawings themselves.

@Setsu00: I could see that, but I'm not sure the tease specifically means anything relating to persona. I still say it's the week of September 1st for completely arbitrary reasons.

The only thing about the tease that I immediately connect with Persona would be the Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman part, but even that might have some layer to it that I don't understand because I lack knowledge about Japanese pop culture. The umbrella thing confused most of the people commenting on the original post as well - the guesses are split between Resident Evil and Persona.

iirc, Featherman is based on Choujin Sentai Jetman specifically. I can't see anything else in the premise of Fiveman that would connect to what we know of Persona 5, aside from the "Five" part of course.

One day [...]

When you put it that way it makes sense.

Like Diehard and Aadrian1234, I don't mean huge modifications to the script or anything. The only places I would "require" the game to acknowledge relationships would be places where it would otherwise be jarring, something like the situation in Zolo's post or just a few minor changes to things after you enter a relationship/max out a s.link (I can't think of the specific situation but it involves Chie). Taking that a step further would be something like Aadrian1234 mentioned where the game simply acknowledges your relationship outside of story scenes or those post max slink meeting.

tmkfTfk.png

And something of interest happened! (Even if it seems like a stretch)

Makio

Implying the rumor is correct (im in the RE team ...but who knows at this point).

I really hope they announce something in the E3 about the American release.

Not like i was expecting to play the game in June or something , but with this japanese release window , unless they are working already in the game or made a fast localization i see it coming in the 3 first months of 2017 at this point.

Or
worldwide release hype

#TeamSummer .... but that date is like fucking end of summer / most fall (but still works).

When you put it that way it makes sense.

Like Diehard and Aadrian1234, I don't mean huge modifications to the script or anything. The only places I would "require" the game to acknowledge relationships would be places where it would otherwise be jarring, something like the situation in Zolo's post or just a few minor changes to things after you enter a relationship/max out a s.link (I can't think of the specific situation but it involves Chie). Taking that a step further would be something like Aadrian1234 mentioned where the game simply acknowledges your relationship outside of story scenes or those post max slink meeting.

Something else came to mind. Rather than the "however, you are already in a relationship with another girl" at certain S-links, the character would say "But what about you and *girlfriend*-san?" Meaning you have to either lie to the character's face or admit that the other girl means nothing to you. You Bastard.

Mediking

I started playing PQ again. Man, this game is hard as heck but it's still fun.

The rate of enemies getting stronger is faster then me and the crew levelling up.

I don't know who the heck this bunny is but I'm getting tired of chasing it.

I made the grave mistake of not giving Yukari a Recarm spell... I still won but Morris (Minato) got killed. I was like, "This isn't happening again."

Zolo

Going through the spinoffs for Persona since I've never really done that. Beat P4 arena and the P4 storyline in ultimax. The storyline for P4 felt okay. It was kinda neat to see certain characters interacting, and a couple of the joke endings were pretty entertaining. I also liked Labrys who had a good backstory, and I felt actually blended into the cast really well.

Persona 4 ultimax story was....ugh though. I know a big part of Persona 3 and 4 is about finding strength though others, but it's brought up way too much here.

I didn't really care for Sho, but I had to lol @ Adachi's 'You're just a kid throwing a tantrum because someone was mean to you' as if Adachi's background was in any way relatable to someone actually getting inhumanely experimented on through their lifetime. I also don't really care for Adachi here either, so that didn't help. I also thought having a set story instead of multiple ones would be better, but if anything, that just means it focused on the main story which sucked while watching character interations like Fuuka/Yukari/Rise was more entertaining. The big bad was also awful with his 'Graaagh! How could I fall to the power of BONDS!' Erebus in Persona 3: Answer was more intimidating as a giant monster representing humanity's wanting of death then this dude talking up a storm.

I still doubt it'll really be good, but hopefully the P3 story is better. On another note, I only played a bit of it, but I enjoyed PQ from what little I played, but that's probably because there's more character interaction which the Ultimax P4 story seemed to lack a lot of. Gameplay-wise, I've enjoyed all of them though.

Stalker Club has run through all the P5 characters now, although technically they haven't done the MC in the same format as the others, so we could still get him.

And we went through the 5/5/15 stuff last year, and all that came of that was some Persona 3/4 music as part of a concert.

Lunar15

I feel like we've definitely exhausted all of the "patterns". Atlus just doesn't want to talk about it until they know they can give a definitive release date.

It's a odd scenario I'm in because I'm craving for persona 5 news but I would rather they stay quiet if the game has a late release or gets delayed again.

Setsu00

Stalker Club has run through all the P5 characters now, although technically they haven't done the MC in the same format as the others, so we could still get him.

And we went through the 5/5/15 stuff last year, and all that came of that was some Persona 3/4 music as part of a concert.

They might do Caroline and Justine next.

Zolo

I feel like we've definitely exhausted all of the "patterns". Atlus just doesn't want to talk about it until they know they can give a definitive release date.

I'll go ahead and be that hopeful guy and say I've got this good feeling we'll get news in May.

Olengie

At this point, I only want the release date. Just ignoring the rest for now.

Doing that for Zero Time Dilemma right now.

Makio

I cant believe is happening ...... XD and in May 5th like some you guys say

Late July - August release i would say , since Atlus market 2-3 months prior

HYPE X1000

#TEAMSUMMER FTW

Makio

Called it!

I owe you a apology for my previous post hahaha.

But is not easy to keep faith all the time.

Wonder what are they going to show ... this time they have at least show a better window like a monthly release of something (August 2016 - September 2016).

And pls god more gameplay not more cutscenes / random stuff.

Lusankya

I have 330 hours 22 minutes right now , so i suppose is tied to our computer timezone.

I see, so it's actually supposed to count to 5 May, 23:30 Japan time (UTC +9).

So it's 16:30 in Central Europe and 7:30 in Pacific time zone, certainly not the worst times.

Makio

And the Atlus official page just confirmed the PS3 version once again thanks god.

(I dont know why i still worried about that).

Jeez man i cant sleep i dont know what to expect.... another 48 hours stream maybe XD hahaahha.

FluxWaveZ

I had a feeling that something was actually going to happen on May 5, 2016, but I disregarded it like every other "feeling" I've had for Persona 5 over time that's been proven wrong again and again. "May 5, 2015" in particular was a thing we were thinking about last year, and that went by without nothing. 5/5/5 would have been cooler and, in retrospect, we know why they wouldn't show anything at that point in time, but now they're obviously ready enough to go with the 5/5 hype.

A lot of people are expecting a worldwide release date but think it will be Japan only info. Hope this announcement brings more persona announcements after the dry spell we have had in recent weeks.

Zolo

If they were doing a worldwide release, it would be announced here. I don't see that happening though, so I'd expect the North American release date to be announced at E3.

daevious

A lot of people are expecting a worldwide release date but think it will be Japan only info. Hope this announcement brings more persona announcements after the dry spell we have had in recent weeks.

Atlus USA would have said something by this point, don't expect an NA release unless Atlus USA teasing information the day before.

Atlus USA would have said something by this point, don't expect an NA release unless Atlus USA teasing information the day before.

I'm totally with you. Think the most logical thinking is this announcement is for Japan and the most likely spot for western release information is e3. I'm just hoping to hear the game is nearing completion and no more delays.

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, really? Link pls.

Hmm.

So I think Persona 5 will get delayed. Not a large one mind you, but a delay definitely seems to be in cards at this point. Shortly after summer is my estimate and i'm willing to avatar bet on it.

For those who want to participate, the rules are simple. If P5 is released in Japan at any point in the summer, I lose. If it's released at any point after summer, then I win. Summer starts on Monday, June 20 and ends on Wednesday, September 21.

The winner chooses the losers avatar for an entire month.

So who wants in on this action.
That was before today, though. Changes things.

Top Bottom