• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Mediking

I'm not really rushing to see another trailer because of spoilers but I will make an exception for if the trailer showed new clubs to join and more fun side activities.

I would shout for joy if the new trailer showed the main cast surfboarding and goofing off then things get super serious.

Sophia

I will embrace anything and everything they have to show. Be in the form of a stream, a new trailer, or what have you. Spoilers or otherwise.

I just want to see something instead of radio silence.

I want, and expect, PV4 to be more mechanics focused. Show off the combat system, cooperation, the velvet room, things like that.

I'm sure we'll also get a new party member, and the vocal version of the PV2 song would be nice.

Mediking

I will embrace anything and everything they have to show. Be in the form of a stream, a new trailer, or what have you. Spoilers or otherwise.

I just want to see something instead of radio silence.

I totally understand you, Sophia.

I want, and expect, PV4 to be more mechanics focused. Show off the combat system, cooperation, the velvet room, things like that.

I'm sure we'll also get a new party member, and the vocal version of the PV2 song would be nice.

I like that... but how can the combat be improved??? I'm playing Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden on my Vita and I really have zero complaints about the combat. It's rewarding, fun, and fun of charm. Hearing your party members say stuff during combat and seeing epic animations is so awesome.

I have noticed that the main guy isn't holding a weapon when he's running around in a dungeon so we can't engage in a battle first?

I have noticed that the main guy isn't holding a weapon when he's running around in a dungeon so we can't engage in a battle first?

I'd assume that it's tied to the dungeon stealth that we've seen in trailers.

And there's always room for combat systems to try new things. Persona Q had some nice ideas, and #FE looks to have some new twists on the One More system too. I'm sure Persona 5 will have a few twists on what we've seen in P3 and 4.

QuadOpto

Honestly, I think new characters are what I'm most excited for overall.

Seeing new A-List Soejima designs is one of the best things about these sorts of reveals.

What I'm second-most excited for is an actual release date, even if just for Japan so we can finally put to rest the "it's never coming out" rumors.

Actual gameplay and story is actually what I'd want to avoid, for the most part (I kind of want the new cooperation and the Persona capture system to be a surprise, though if they were shown off a bit more in this new trailer I wouldn't mind.)

DNAbro

That's what I'm hoping for. There are still tons of mechanics we have no idea about. That and a release date is what I want.

FluxWaveZ

PVZYmar.jpg
SRU0Tzk.gif

Zolo

It doesn't come from a trailer. You can the computer screen it's being played on in the lower-right corner.

That said, I actually don't know where it came from.

Makio

Shit (almost) got real in the countdown , The Phantom is taking the Tokyo Tower or something.

http://persona5.jp/0505/

Seems we going to have a stream .... live for the Tokyo Tower.

Pretty sure the guys who knows japanese in here can tell more from this

Cool .... shit.

Lusankya

hhjFKh8.jpg

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv259674739 Livestream link too. Doesn't seem like there will be much of a countdown this time, looks to start half an hour before the main event.

and p-ch has finally got a new background: http://p-ch.jp/

In the news it says: ◆放送日時 2016年5月5日19:00~
◆本編番組 21:30頃開始

So looks like it starts two and a half hours before.

Makio

The hype is real....

Seems this is going to be our own "Persona 5 Undercover" event.

Looking forward to they show everything they keep waiting for years (gameplay , more characters , mechanics , release date , more music , collection stuff , anime and shit).

CGI Movie lol

In the news it says: ◆放送日時 2016年5月5日19:00~
◆本編番組 21:30頃開始

So looks like it starts two and a half hours before.

Well, not a multi day thing at least.

QuadOpto

Darn it. ATLUS has subverted my made-up expectations again.

...And I now realize the main countdown ends during one of my exams...

Hope people do a breakdown of whatever inane stuff happens in the stream!

Occasionally, Tokyo Tower's lighting is changed to specific, unique arrangements for special events. The tower is specially lit for some annual events. Since 2000, the entire tower has been illuminated in a pink light on October 1 to highlight the beginning of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The tower has also had a variety of special lighting arrangements for Christmas since 1994. During New Year's Eve, the tower lights up at midnight with a year number displayed on one side of the observatory to mark the arrival of the new year. Special Japanese events have also been cause to light the tower in several nontraditional ways. In 2002, alternating sections of the tower were lit blue to help celebrate the opening of the FIFA World Cup in Japan. Alternating sections of the tower were lit green on Saint Patrick's Day in 2007 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Japanese-Irish relations. On a few occasions, Tokyo Tower has even been specially lit to correspond with corporate events. For example, the top half of the tower was lit green to correspond with the Japanese premiere of The Matrix Reloaded and different sections of the tower were lit red, white and black to commemorate the first day of sales of Coca-Cola C2.[33] The tower was also uniquely lit for the new millennium in 2000 with Motoko Ishii again reprising her role as the designer.[34] In December 2008, Nihon Denpatō spent $6.5 million to create a new nighttime illumination scheme—titled the "Diamond Veil"—to celebrate the tower's 50th anniversary. The arrangement featured 276 lights in seven colors equally distributed across the towers four faces.

Wonder if Persona 5 qualifies as big enough. Doesn't sound like it would looking at the scale of the other corporate events. Still, the Phantom did say that he was going to take Tokyo Tower.

Makio

Should be no surprise, but the next issue of Dengeki Playstation will have Persona 5 information.

When comes out , because the thirst is real.
(Have new information or not).

And wonder what are going to say in the next Persona Stalker Club episode , which airs this week i think.

Not like they are going to say anything new about the game , but maybe some tease or more information of the schedule program of the stream . Plus is granted those dudes are gonna be the host of the show and shit.

When comes out , because the thirst is real.
(Have new information or not).

And wonder what are going to say in the next Persona Stalker Club episode , which airs this week i think.

Not like they are going to say anything new about the game , but maybe some tease or more information of the schedule program of the stream . Plus is granted those dudes are gonna be the host of the show and shit.

Should get previews/leaks on the 10th, and I'd be very surprised if famtisu didn't also have a feature the same week.

Stalker Club is due on Thursday, and I feel like there might be something of interest in there too. Maybe a message from the Phantom or something? They'll have to at least acknowledge this event.

Lunar15

Kinda torn if I want to wake up that early for a video game live stream. I'm also approaching the point where I don't want a ton more info, just another trailer and a release date.

Still, Atlus livestreams are always guaranteed to be a ride, so there's that.

Logash

Seems to be the case... Gotta do what must be done

I mean, I have to wake up at 7 for work anyway so what's an hour? I just hope it's worth it. I am actually considering skipping this one because the info is really coming at 8:30 right? Most Atlus streams are a waste of time till the end.

DNAbro

Persona 5 is literally just P4 with a red and black filter. Also smirks cranked to 200%.

Source: https://twitter.com/EightyFourX/status/723651851745406976

Anyways, I have class on May 5th so whether or not I see it live depends on if it's worth missing a lecture. Not like seeing it live is really all that special.

Have a P5 WIP:

that's great

Also random prediction, the stream is going to also reveal brown hair person seen in PV03 momentarily.

PK Gaming

Kinda torn if I want to wake up that early for a video game live stream. I'm also approaching the point where I don't want a ton more info, just another trailer and a release date.

Still, Atlus livestreams are always guaranteed to be a ride, so there's that.

Buddy you and I know both know i'll be seeing your ass at 6 AM chatting it up with the rest of us!

Top Bottom