• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

My final update on the image thing: Well, I don't think anyone's going to be able to give a conclusive answer at this point.

So I randomly came across the answer to this: Some issues of famitsu purchased on bookwalker come with a bonus booklet which includes past covers, including clean versions in the style of this mystery art. This week's for example.

Also, event teaser stuff in famitsu. Can't post because scans obviously.

No new art though. Just a message from the Phantom saying: See you soon

FluxWaveZ

So I randomly came across the answer to this: Some issues of famitsu purchased on bookwalker come with a bonus booklet which includes past covers, including clean versions in the style of this mystery art. This week's for example.

Oh yeah, the recent one has that kind of art for Final Fantasy XV as a clean version of its cover. I had done a bit more looking into it, but I just assumed it was included with physical copies, like this:
No0gjLH.jpg
Thanks, it's good to have an actual source for these. Though I wonder if there's an actual pattern or if more important covers are released with the booklets or something, since that P5 one was released simultaneously with the issue. Something to look out for for the inevitable Famitsu reveal feature.

Also, event teaser stuff in famitsu. Can't post because scans obviously.

No new art though. Just a message from the Phantom saying: See you soon

I was wondering what the "advance cardboard" stuff was about in the furage, but now I realize that the "Take Your Heart" and "See You Soon!" sections must actually be a single physical calling card included in copies of the latest Famitsu. That explains the weird aspect ratios and the black space, which looked weird. Didn't think something like that would be included in digital copies from Bookwalker.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
is there any chance the persona soundtracks will be made available on stream services like spotify?
i have a premium subscription on spotify and it's really convenient to listen to trails of cold steel, ys memories of celcelta and danganronpa ost's there.

Makio

Full OP theme incoming^

That would made my fucking month ... that or a vocal version of the PV02 theme.

I mean i was like crazy when Dance and Break Out of... got released i listen it like for days non stop.

PD: Thanks for the link Crimson , i was going to watch the episode just for that. Real MVP

Squire

Banned
We already got that twice, though.

Well, unless you mean a 3-minute concert version or something.

I mean... the full theme song. When did they put that out? I only recall the sample from the 2015 stream. That definitely wasn't the whole song.

It sounds different in the back of that clip because it's mixed down/mastered, btw. Unless you're saying the lyrics are different, Makio.

FluxWaveZ

I mean... the full theme song. When did they put that out? I only recall the sample from the 2015 stream. That definitely wasn't the whole song.

It sounds different in the back of that clip because it's mixed down/mastered, btw. Unless you're saying the lyrics are different, Makio.

So basically the Persona Music Live versions, right (like for RottT)? We probably won't get a full version like that for a while, I think.

Makio

Like yeah i would love they do another full version lyrics video like this for the opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jw89oIjmQ

But then again the lyrics videos was a Dancing All Night thing , but who knows.

That or at least listen to the studio / mixed version of the opening (or vocal ver of the pv02 theme).

More music is always good.

Nah is like you say , sounds cleaner / mixed , the lyrics and rythm is the same but she make like more emphasis in some words or sound more "studio" like.

Squire

Banned
So basically the Persona Music Live versions, right (like for RottT)? We probably won't get a full version like that for a while, I think.

Sort of, yeah. I mean, Pursuing My True Self is a 3:00 song, but the actual OP cutscene for P4 is what, 1:30 or so? So you get half of it. So yeah, the full version of P5s theme might not come until the OST. I think they'll put it out prior though.

We might get it sooner rather than later. If there's a bonus OST with the game it could be on that.

Also: there will be a Stalker Club on the 5th at around 22:30, so an hour after the event is scheduled to start.

Jintor

Nice. Not much to see there yet without subs, though.

ya know what, since this is only 2 minutes, i'm gonna try and work on this a little until our resident experts get here

so far from what I can gather, Lyn said she really enjoyed it and Megura praised her english pronounciation saying their checkers called it native-level

Setsu00

Full OP theme incoming^

Edit: You know, it sure would be great if the show wasn't called ""Stalker Club""

You mean like that one viewer who said that he wasn't sure what to think of the show because of its name?

ya know what, since this is only 2 minutes, i'm gonna try and work on this a little until our resident experts get here

so far from what I can gather, Lyn said she really enjoyed it and Megura praised her english pronounciation saying their checkers called it native-level

Meguro said to look out for tracks #11 and #19. It's kind of interesting to hear that Lyn thought that she was only singing the OP at first. It makes me wonder what they tell these people before they hire them.

QuadOpto

Man, I can't wait to hear the vocal version of the PV02 track. I can almost imagine it....

Hope that P5 comes with a Bonus CD (after all, they did it for P4), however, given the track record for their initial soundtracks, they usually don't have the full version of the opening on those.

We'll have to proly wait a bit for the Persona Music Live version, and a while more for the clear and fully mixed "Take Your Heart(making up name here obs) - Reincarnation" version. (ala Burn My Dread - Reincarnation and Never More - Reincarnation)

...Unless the promo anime uses the same theme. Then they might release a full version on whatever CD they make for that. :p

Man, I can't wait to hear the vocal version of the PV02 track. I can almost imagine it....

Hope that P5 comes with a Bonus CD (after all, they did it for P4), however, given the track record for their initial soundtracks, they usually don't have the full version of the opening on those.

We'll have to proly wait a bit for the Persona Music Live version, and a while more for the clear and fully mixed "Take Your Heart(making up name here obs) - Reincarnation" version. (ala Burn My Dread - Reincarnation and Never More - Reincarnation)

...Unless the promo anime uses the same theme. Then they might release a full version on whatever CD they make for that. :p

I might be misinformed but wasn't there suggestions that the game soundtrack would be light on vocals. Don't mind either way but thought that was the plan for p5.

_Ryo_

Is it possible we get a new trailer on the livestream? It'd be cool if we got PV 4 May 5th, with a dubbed version during E3.

_Ryo_

uhh yes it's very possible. I don't think they would announce the release date without an accompanying trailer.

Is it confirmed they will announce release date? I've been Burnt so many times I just expected the announcement to talk about the characters with a MORE INFO AT E3.

DNAbro

Is it confirmed they will announce release date? I've been Burnt so many times I just expected the announcement to talk about the characters with a MORE INFO AT E3.

there is no reason to not think we aren't getting a release date barring extreme pessimism.

There is a lot more chance to get the release date at an event like this than at E3
for Japan at least

Setsu00

I might be misinformed but wasn't there suggestions that the game soundtrack would be light on vocals. Don't mind either way but thought that was the plan for p5.

I haven't heard anything that would suggest that P5 would be light on vocals. If anything, Lyn's comment about not realizing how she wasn't doing only the opening song suggests that there will be quite a few songs with her voice.

I haven't heard anything that would suggest that P5 would be light on vocals. If anything, Lyn's comment about not realizing how she wasn't doing only the opening song suggests that there will be quite a few songs with her voice.

My comment was in regards to information I thought was suggested prior to any knowledge of lyns involvement. I appreciate the choice as well because she is good contrast to p3 and p4 main vocalists. The question now is whether the man that is known as lotus juice will appear.

Setsu00

My comment was in regards to information I thought was suggested prior to any knowledge of lyns involvement. I appreciate the choice as well because she is good contrast to p3 and p4 main vocalists. The question now is whether the man that is known as lotus juice will appear.

I like Lotus Juice, but I want P5 to be its own thing, so I hope he's not involved. They'll probably bring Hirata, Kawamura and him back for the spinoffs anyway.

I like Lotus Juice, but I want P5 to be its own thing, so I hope he's not involved. They'll probably bring Hirata, Kawamura and him back for the spinoffs anyway.

Same view. Lotus juice was great in p3 but his absence in p4 allowed it have its own thing which I think it did achieve. I just hope we get a final boss song to match p3.

Setsu00

I thought Lotus Juice already confirmed he wasn't returning. This was a while ago and idk if I'm remembering it right, tho.

He mentioned something like that on Twitter, but that was ages ago and he may have simply not been allowed to talk about it. Lyn wasn't able to speak about her involvement until TGS 2015 either according to a tweet.

Dantis

I know Meguro is just being nice, but that's still kind of an awkward thing to say. Her English is still terrible.

The World Ends With You got it right.

As an aside, I think I expected more production from the main theme. It sounds better, but not as much better as I think I'd hoped. It's kind of weak next to previous Persona themes.

For recent games, Meguro has been writing full length theme songs during actual game development. P4G, Arena and PQ all had full length themes on the standard OST.

I mean, P4 was relatively light on vocal tracks too. Pursuing My True Self, Reach, Heartbeat Heartbreak, Your Affection, Signs of Love, Heaven and Never More.

For a game so associated with vocal songs, there aren't really that many, but like many things in Persona, people just zone in on a handful of tracks.

Sophia

I know Meguro is just being nice, but that's still kind of an awkward thing to say. Her English is still terrible.

Her English really isn't that bad. She nails the bridge connecting the verse and chorus. There's only one or two lines from the theme song that we can't really understand, and I bet we'll be able to understand them easily once we have a full quality version of the opening.

For a game so associated with vocal songs, there aren't really that many, but like many things in Persona, people just zone in on a handful of tracks.

I think it helps that the vocal tracks are on veeerrry heavy rotation throughout the game. Heaven is the only one you don't hear all the gosh darn time.

Top Bottom