• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Squire

Banned
Well, I must admit: The idea of a heist is somewhat diminished when it's something you're doing over multiple days and multiple trips. Curious to see how they handle that concept.

That's a good point, yeah.

Assuming the heists are in the palace, maybe time doesn't progress there

Maybe. I dunno, I'm curious how the palace interacts woth/connects to the real world since the public is cognizant of the team's actions on some level, although the team seems to inform them of that stuff themselves to at least some extent.

PK Gaming

I know Persona 5 talk is dominating the thread right now, but I saw Dancing All Night Special Edition for $50 on Amazon. What was the verdict on that game?

Just going to quote myself after playing it

I went in thinking it was going to be trash, but I really enjoyed it. Sure the story was a little repetitive, but the characterization was pretty good, gameplay was fun, and the music & 3D models were solid. Oh and it had Ochimizu.

YWFvkmi.jpg

cMDVbV8.jpg

C0cJIZp.jpg

Ochimizu is actually perfect.

If you're looking for more of the P4 gang getting together, being dorks and solving shit then definitely pick this up.

One of my favorites:
Take On Me feat.
Adachi
https://youtu.be/tN_XlSd0YT0

It works too well.

The ones with Nanako and hiphop music are hilarious too

Other hits include:

Everyday Younglife Desert Storm

Welcome to the Velvet Room (We Got Fun & Games)

Everyone's Souls Have Fun Tonight

Spooky Scary Snowflakes (metal version)

and my personal favourite:
Cops
are Loaded Guns
(P4 spoilers)

Just make sure you're fast in muting the DAN video on the left.

Well, I must admit: The idea of a heist is somewhat diminished when it's something you're doing over multiple days and multiple trips. Curious to see how they handle that concept.

I think that depends on how it's handled. I think it would be cool if you had to scout out a location first (maybe over a couple nights, completing a few objectives each night) before you could pull off the actual heist. Some of my favourite scenes from heist movies are when the plan is coming together and the team is working out the details.

Lunar15

Also, I wonder how the Phantom Thieves' actions in palace cause such a ruckus in the real world? Do the people they steal hearts from change? I'm assuming the thieves send out some kind of message to their targets beforehand.

Also, it's important to note that in the trailer, they talk about stealing BACK hearts.

Mediking

I got a feeling the inevitable Persona 5 spinoff will either be a cooking game (Persona 5: Cooking Forever lol) or a fighting game.

Lusankya

Believe it or not: I've been to an actual beach (you know, one with sand and water and stuff) before and I didn't feel offended when I saw minors running around in swimsuits.

I don't mind seeing a character in a swimsuit. However, I do mind sexualizing minors and that's what the scene does when it focuses on Ann's butt.

Well, you spoke about the beach scene as a whole and that's where I disagreed.

I think it's fine to have a beach scene and other free time group activities, but I do agree with you that the close up on Anne's butt isn't necessary. If they did the same for a male character as well, I would be actually fine. But usually the different genders don't get the same treatment in that regard.

Overall I think the game will be fine and this is probably the only or one of very few fanservice scenes in a 90hrs game, so nobody should feel uncomfortable while playing. I can't imagine they will increase the amount of FS scenes compared to the number we had in P3 and P4.

84X

Banned
I know Persona 5 talk is dominating the thread right now, but I saw Dancing All Night Special Edition for $50 on Amazon. What was the verdict on that game?

Easily the best Persona 4 spinoff as far as capturing the feel of the characters goes. However, it's in the unfortunate position of being released after two fighting game stories that seemingly did their absolute best to make people hate the P4 characters.

So yeah, it has an enjoyable (yet repetitive) story that follows the best renditions of the characters since the original game. That's not to say they quite get there but it's at least a solid effort. Aside from that, the game is gorgeous and the various partner dances are all enjoyable to see. I'd say definitely bite at the SE if it's only $50 but your call.

>Something tragic happened to Mamoru's mother.

>Your relationship is stronger now!

Lol P3 social links

Sounds like something from The Answer. Or are you even earlier?

My sympathies either way.

No, floor 135 of Tartarus. It's such a difficulty spike compared to the other Tartarus bosses. I'm past it now, but I only just made it with only Makoto alive and some dumb luck.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8577745.html

Leaks begin.

Going by machine translation, Punchy is called Shin Niijima and her Persona is Johanna: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johanna_(character)

French Girl's name is Okumura Haru, and her Persona is Milady https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milady_de_Winter

New character three of the information appeared in PV referral

New characters
- Shin Niijima voice: Rina Sato
Third year to attend the same school high school hero. Stiff of honor student temperament there is also a moral action a strong sense of responsibility in the student council president, but that can not compromise too serious.
The initial private persona is Johanna (had been riding in the PV bike)

- Sakura Futaba Voice: Aoi Yūki
Girl with a human away the computing power and the genius programming capability. It age of one year of high school, but on not good to take the communication, has become the withdrawal shall be deemed to be replaced event is in opportunity
The initial private persona Necronomicon (was out in PV UFO)

Okumura Spring Voice: Haruka Tomatsu
Major restaurant manufacturer president daughter in third grade of Gakuen high school. It elegant and naive but high communication skills because it has a good look at the person.
The initial private persona Milady

Velvet Room of character
Igor Voice: Masane Tsukayama
- Justine voice: Aki Toyosaki
- Caroline voice: Aki Toyosaki

edit: actually, probably better to wait for actual translations for names.

Pachael

I still don't understand the surprise to revealing Sakura's face. Everyone sees the rest of her body already, i'd imagine the characters would be more shocked from seeing a girl in a bikini than her face

Makes me wonder what's up with that scene...like her face is a secret. Is there something that happened before in the game we don't know about that makes them shocked to see her face?

Thought it was put in backward sequence - Sakura first comes out to meet the gang but is dressed in a bikini while covering up her head (due to dorky shyness etc), which then causes the guys to show their ;wut; face. Then Punchy takes the towels off and now she's properly introduced to the gang.

Guess Who

Banned
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8577745.html

Leaks begin.

Going by machine translation, Punchy is called Shin Niijima and her Persona is Johanna: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johanna_(character)

French Girl's name is Okumura Haru, and her Persona is Milady https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milady_de_Winter

edit: actually, probably better to wait for actual translations for names.

I'm guessing Punchy's first name (真) is "Makoto," which is another reading that's also a more common feminine name.

So assuming that's the right charecter for Makoto's Persona, anyone more familiar with her have any idea for why she's a motorcycle?

With motorcycle's often being seen as symbol of freedom maybe it's supposed to be a reflection of the characters desire for freedom, at least that's what I get from this:
Much of Johanna's dialogue and lyrics subtly reflect that she may be suffering from living under lock and key, confined by the surveillance of an oppressive and more powerful party.

raven777

I'm so happy we have another rich girl party member. I dunno why, but it's one of my favourite archetypes.

I love this machine translation because it just means school high school.

Actually it's 学園高校 so I think it's pretty normal translation? It does sound weird...

Jintor

I'm not going to try names, Japanese names are ridiculous.

Punchy

A third-year attending the same academy as the protagonist. A girl with impeccable conduct and a strong sense of responsibility, but with the temperament of a straight-laced, uncompromisingly stubborn honours student.

Her initial Persona is Johanna (Yohanna?) [the bike she was mounted on in the PV]

Futaba

A girl with superhuman calculative ability (nb: not sure on correct translation here; could be related to maths, could just be general prediction, forecasting) and prodigous programming skills. She's a first-year student, but she's bad at communicating, and a certain incident has made her withdraw from society (become a hikkikomori / shut-in, if you're more familiar with those terms).

Her initial persona is Necronomicon.

Noir

A third-year student and the daughter of the CEO of a major restaurant chain. Elegant but sheltered, she's good with people since she likes to spend time observing. as a way of getting to see the world. (lit. "For the purposes of seeing (the world), her communication skills are high") (oops fucked up the particle)

Her initial persona is Milady (Miradei)

I love this machine translation because it just means school high school.

Well, a Gakuen specifically is closer to an academy, so I suppose what it would be closer to is "Academic High School" or "Academy (at a high school level)"

Guess Who

Banned
I dunno if that's the school's name but I took it to mean "Academic High School". I haven't been keeping up on the minor details.

The school the protag - and, from the sounds of it, most of the other Phantom Thieves - go to is Syujin High School. However, we know Yusuke goes to a different school that I don't think has been named yet. Perhaps Noire goes to the same school as Yusuke?

raven777

The school the protag - and, from the sounds of it, most of the other Phantom Thieves - go to is Syujin High School. However, we know Yusuke goes to a different school that I don't think has been named yet. Perhaps Noire goes to the same school as Yusuke?

Yusuke goes to Takeshiboshi highschool, so it's different from Haru

Guess Who

Banned
Yusuke goes to Takeshiboshi highschool, so it's different from Haru

Ah, so we've got three schools.

I like how we don't know the reading of the new characters' kanji and we don't know what Punchy's Persona really is so this leak has so far only really succeeded in giving us family names and one Persona

Jintor

It also calls the school that Punchy goes to a 学園高校 despite saying it's the same school as the protag's, so I think it's just a generic term.

artsi

I'm still wondering what the BJ badge means in Makoto's shirt collar. Is it about the school, or student council, or what.

artsi

Those letters have always been on the Priestess arcana cards, so maybe that'll be her persona's type?

Oh damn, might be. I never noticed actually. It's in the actual tarot cards too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_High_Priestess

figure is crowned with the Papal tiara and labelled La Papesse, the Popess, a possible reference to the legend of Pope Joan

And her persona is named Johanna (other name of Pope Joan, as pointed out in the trailer thread) so I guess we're done here.

_Ryo_

Has this been posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnjAFXbJ_x4 translated staff interview with translated UI.

there's definitely looks to be a time limit to reach your goals in each dungeon.

at one point it says
impeachment coming, 17 days left, aim for the deepest part of the treasury, break through the distorted labyrinth.

btw, does anyone get the feeling that this stealing heats business isn't 100% completely willful on the parts of the protagonists? Like maybe they're being made to do it as a form of rehabilitation and if they don't do it, it won't be pretty for them...o_O with all these X day, impeachment day, etc coming. doesn't sound fun. xD

also, what is the historical/literature reference for the
Milady
persona?.

Looks like element skills also inflicting ailments is back then. Description for Agi mentions a chance of inflicting burn, and Zio can inflict shock

And Baton Touch provides buffs

Sophia

Looks like element skills also inflicting ailments is back then. Description for Agi mentions a chance of inflicting burn, and Zio can inflict shock

And Baton Touch provides buffs

Praise YHVH! Elemental Ailments are back!

Anything that makes the elements more unique. Especially when the target isn't weak to them, but you can't exploit the weakness. Still gives you a choice to make.

Top Bottom