• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Lunar15

MC's final persona will be someone reformed but also an emblem of "justice".

As of right now, I'm shocked that there's no references to Edmond Dantes or the Count of Monte Cristo. Could be our final guy's persona. However, I think final guy's persona is Sherlock, because I think he's going to be a detective that investigates our crew.

Random thought about the new info and how it might be gameplay related.

So most of the personas met tragic ends and "evolve in different ways." Maybe this will be 100% story related and they will evolve in the middle of the game as certain points, but what if you need to do something like social links/cooperation or whatever, and if you don't do it for certain characters they meet some kind of "tragic end." I'm not saying death, but something bad happens or they get caught. Could be a way to get multiple endings/true ending.

The slight issue with doing something like this is that characters who could have "died off" often end up sidelined after that point in games that try it.

That's a good one. Part of me thought in a different direction: King Richard the Lionheart. While he's not reformed, he is the embodiment of justice returning to London after the exploits of Robin Hood foiled his brother, at least in all the fun adaptations.

Ah yes...
King Sean Connery.

Hard for that to be an issue if all characters can die off if the wrong choices are made.

Fits with the "Glory or Ruin" theme perfectly, IMO.

They *could* do it like Mass Effect 2 and only make it possible for a character to get killed off at one point (a suicide mission)

The slight issue with doing something like this is that characters who could have "died off" often end up sidelined after that point in games that try it.

Hard for that to be an issue if all characters can die off if the wrong choices are made.

Fits with the "Glory or Ruin" theme perfectly, IMO.

MC's final persona will be someone reformed but also an emblem of "justice".

As of right now, I'm shocked that there's no references to Edmond Dantes or the Count of Monte Cristo. Could be our final guy's persona. However, I think final guy's persona is Sherlock, because I think he's going to be a detective that investigates our crew.

The count would be good ultimate because it would seem like a evolution from gentleman to a Lord of some sort. I just read on the persona central website that personas
have different requirements to transform

So, evenings in P3FES. By mid-September or so I've maxed the Devil and Tower links and maxed courage, academics, and charm. The only thing left to do in the evenings other than Tartarus is walking Koromaru and boosting Persona stats at the arcade, right?

This is my second playthrough, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing else, but I just want to be sure I haven't missed some obscure thing.

ACE 1991

Ok so my PSU has an 6 pin and 6+2 pin. The 980ti I have requires 2 8 pins. Do I use the 6+2 pin in one of the 8 pin slots then use the included 6 pin to 8 pin converter for the other?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PersonaGAF, how likely do you think it is that Atlus brings over the 20th Anniversary Edition of P5? AmiAmi has a pre-order page up and I'm this close on pulling the trigger on it. I love Persona music but since Atlus USA loves their shitty sampler OST pre-orders I can see them not giving us the full soundtracks in NA.

DNAbro

PersonaGAF, how likely do you think it is that Atlus brings over the 20th Anniversary Edition of P5? AmiAmi has a pre-order page up and I'm this close on pulling the trigger on it. I love Persona music but since Atlus USA loves their shitty sampler OST pre-orders I can see them not giving us the full soundtracks in NA.

Didn't they give us full soundtracks for DAN? I'm pretty sure we'll get something similar.

I'd love to see the full 20th anniversary edition come west, but the chances aren't the best.

If it helps you decide, I personally put an order down on the Famitsu DX Pack version of the 20th Anniversary Edition just in case the western special edition is a letdown.

I don't expect it to be, but just in case; better safe than sorry & all that. (It's also a safety net in case the Western LE is hard to get.)

Some new artwork to look forward or not ?

PS: So Niijima then , i see some guys called her Niishima for some reason.

Yeah, Soejima art of the new characters/Personas/velvet twins. Various screens, including an older, grey haired woman we haven't seen before. There's some of MC hanging out with the new party members too.

Makio

Especially if there is a 'Tell your story' type storytelling method going on and you romanced Makoto.

I want to romance Sae Nijima (interrogation lady) more lol.

Im team Makoto now , but Haru looks so cute and awesome she gonna steal my heart for sure (lol)

PK Gaming

Another bloody Makoto

There's Makoto Yuki, Makoto Naegi, Makoto Kino, Makoto from Street Fighter, Makoto Naegi, Makoto Tachibana, Makoto Hyuga, Makoto Kohsaka, Makoto Nanaya, Makoto Sato, Makoto from Digimon Tamers

God, please no more Makoto's

Guess Who

Banned
Another bloody Makoto

There's Makoto Yuki, Makoto Naegi, Makoto Kino, Makoto from Street Fighter, Makoto Naegi, Makoto Tachibana, Makoto Hyuga, Makoto Kohsaka, Makoto Nanaya, Makoto Sato, Makoto from Digimon Tamers

but this makoto is the best makoto of all based on empirical scientific evidence

1) motorcycle pope
2) motorcycle pope

i mean that's all you need really

Another bloody Makoto

And that's without the Makos and Mokotos, which are pretty much the same thing.
It's like vanilla and French vanilla.

FUCK

My PS2 just decided it won't read discs anymore. The motor isnt spinning up enough to get them started. I can hear it.

It's not like I have tons of cash to buy even used consoles and I already need to get a PS3 for P5.

Does the reverse compatibility some PS3s have take PS2 memory cards or would I have to start all my save files over?

Top Bottom