• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

Looks like element skills also inflicting ailments is back then. Description for Agi mentions a chance of inflicting burn, and Zio can inflict shock

And Baton Touch provides buffs

Haha, I hope shock guarantees critical hits like before, securing Zio as by far and away the best element.

Sophia

Haha, I hope shock guarantees critical hits like before, securing Zio as by far and away the best element.

If they repeat that, I'm sure they'll add something to make bosses and other enemies partially resistant to it. No way they're gonna have a P3 Thunder Reign style scenario again. :p

_Ryo_

Looks like element skills also inflicting ailments is back then. Description for Agi mentions a chance of inflicting burn, and Zio can inflict shock

And Baton Touch provides buffs

yea, gotta admit, that's super exciting.

Also, it appears there is a time limit for defeating some of the bosses apart from the intial time limit to achieve dungeon goals. Says defeat Okumaru within the time limit and there's a time limit of 24:56

Yeah, I definitely think Atlus/Persona Team took all the criticisms of the dungeons to heart and made them into something amazing.

PK Gaming

Make it Reign!

LUCUSP7.png

If they repeat that, I'm sure they'll add something to make bosses and other enemies partially resistant to it. No way they're gonna have a P3 Thunder Reign style scenario again. :p

BOO

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48572148.html More leaks

Google version. Some of it is pretty incomprehensible though. Johanna is indeed the Pope:

Release Date information, such as the long ago the side to say the public ... and a substantially since the foregoing that.

■ Character & Persona
Voice actor had hit because it was mainly said.

● "Shin Niijima" (Rina Sato)
In the third grade to go to the same private Xiu 尽学 zoo and hero, brain clear moral student council president. There is also a strong ability to take action is a sense of responsibility, but can not compromise. To be awakened from a certain trouble in persona ability ...
• Initial dedicated Persona: Johanna
Ish does not mean it is any of the bike type, but deformed.
· Hashino Mr. Comments: Kaito also of and in school Juvenile, as the first incident, but Xiu 尽学 Garden becomes the stage, it is true becomes a chance will put an eye on the heroes. Persona Johanna is a motif that became the first Pope in the Middle Ages in Europe.

● "Sakura Futaba" (Aoi Yūki)
In girl with a human away the computing power and the genius programming ability, but first-year high school to age specific, but withdrawal is currently overlap is happening at the top was not good to take the communication, after becoming the junior high school graduation treats It is not through the school.
Hero (By the way deformation name "hero" in the screen photo) when the two people but usually, or they will suffer the strange headgear when against the more than one person?
• Initial dedicated Persona: Necronomicon
· Hashino Mr. Comments: For more details, is not clear Futaba and hero of the encounter have little changed, also circumstances that are having special. Character to become a key in a big story. Necronomicon symbolizes her unknown force.

● "Okumura Spring" (Haruka wait and)
Major restaurant manufacturer president daughter in third grade of Xiu 尽学 Garden, but elegant and naive, but it is good at that treat the people have a good look at that person, I usually take a good communication. Not find a value in human relations, even surface that have avoided the relationship with others.
• Initial dedicated Persona: Milady
· Hashino Mr. Comments: girls spring is because the president daughter world to live might be some things that feel different, to feel the familiarity and involvement deepens. Adults that spring is involved is have a mind distorted large scale Ri good, the key person to meet when the story moves significantly. Milady is heroine motif of the Three Musketeers.

● "Igor" (Masane Tsukayama)
● "Caroline," "Justine" (Aki Toyosaki)
Girls greet the hero in the Velvet Room. Also it exchanges with women.

■ prologue?
The hero was to help women who have been Iyora to man, caught by the police because of the injuries inflicted on the time man, become probation. Then, in order to Kaito cariostatic to ruin that wait for their own.
"Sae Niijima" is but women in suits have appeared, true sister or mother?

Activities of Kaito delegation government and other police put the eye, to spirit runaway incidents of mystery occurs frequently in the streets.

■ System

● different world
Heroes will infiltrate the world "Palace" that is seen in the mind distorted adult using the app "Isekainabi" of mystery, steal the desire "treasure" to hide in there and it is possible to reform the target.

● game progress
P3, P4 same year? Or the bytes, or go to the play. Swimming and cultural festival, social studies tours and also events such as school trips.

■ Interview
Creative producer and Mr. Katsura Hashino interview with director posted.

- There is me likely response liked the person who played, tackle not loosen the mind to master up
• The picaresque Roman are packed devised on experience to play on your own
And non-daily as a routine and persona Tsukai as a high school student is in close relationship than ever before
Persona is to outlaw that reflects the characteristics of the Palace, also be made to those persona is completely different to evolve

The Bell bedroom has become like a prison those involved in the great mysteries of the story
- Twins Caroline and Justine, compared hero imposed a correction in order to obtain the freedom comes in contact with innocence and a sharp attitude, such as the children of the Velvet Room jailer. There is also a reason for the twins
- Another of the story, which is also tricky deployment in a multi-structure, which is to finish to be immersed in the game world

Lunar15

Hard to go off of that google translation, but it sounds like the MC's intro is:
He's trying to help some women who are attacked, but for some reason he's implicated, gets arrested, and is on probation. Lines up with a picaresque hero if you ask me.

artsi

Hard to go off of that google translation, but it sounds like the MC's intro is:
He's trying to help some women who are attacked, but for some reason he's implicated, gets arrested, and is on probation. Lines up with a picaresque hero if you ask me.

Yeah,
apparently he assaults some guy that's harassing women on the street and gets in trouble for that.

Sophia

Curious
as to how this related to the interrogation scene. Seeing as you don't usually end up being executed for defending a woman. :p

Guess Who

Banned
Curious
as to how this related to the interrogation scene. Seeing as you don't usually end up being executed for defending a woman. :p

The interrogation scene is clearly about the Phantom Thieves' activities, what with the "how did you come to know of that world? Is it all true?" stuff.

Curious

There's potential that were not getting the full story.
Depends on how the defending ends. Maybe he hurts the guy excessively and the woman runs away so it's just him attacking someone else.

Sophia

There's potential that were not getting the full story.
Depends on how the defending ends. Maybe he hurts the guy excessively and the woman runs away so it's just him attacking someone else.

Would that get you executed in Japan? Supernatural elements aside, I think that wouldn't in the US. Hmm...

Would that get you executed in Japan? Supernatural elements aside, I think that wouldn't in the US. Hmm...

My eyes completely missed the execution bit. It's pointless to guess but maybe the cops are trying to scare him or there's a persona user/villain in the interrogation scene. I still think we're going to have cops v robbers persona battle.

The interrogation scene is clearly about the Phantom Thieves' activities, what with the "how did you come to know of that world? Is it all true?" stuff.

Yeah. Plus if him defending the women is the prologue I'd assume that it's what causes him to be transferred so he wouldn't be in his uniform.

Setsu00

Haru is from Syujin High, by the way. The school's Japanese name is Syujin Gakuen Koukou. The "gakuen" part is more than likely a reference to the fact that it's a private school.

QuadOpto

Wow. Can't wait for us to get a better translation but seriously if that prologue info is right then
that marks the first time that is the first time post-P2 that an MC has taken any sort of actual action from the get-go. Definitely a more aggressive introduction point than arriving at a train station/walking around in the Dark Hour.

I'm really feeling confident that they're going to flesh out or lay foundation for the Hero's personality in this game, even if he's still for the most part a silent protagonist.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
The prologue consists of the hero confronting a man who harasses women, and subsequently being detained by the police because of the injuries he inflicts on that man. The hero is then sentenced to probation. He becomes a Phantom Thief afterwards to fight against that.

so that lady we saw in PV03 is one of the women that man was harassing?

Makio

If will be cool if "Sae Niijima" became an active antagonist in the game , played well could bring some dramatic implications.

Mostly if really is Makoto (Queen) sister or mom.

Plus i think the mystery guy could a 3rd year as well....

Lunar15

Curious

I'm wondering if we don't know the full extent of how this all lines up. Remember that scene in PV02 where MC is chained up by some demons and looks like he's about to be executed, but then his Persona pops out and tells him to fight back for the justice he was denied? Yeah, well, what if THAT'S tied to this? Also note that the scene in the middle of Shibuya where his persona first appears is separate from this scene, so I'm wondering if he gets his persona first and then the incident with the attacker happens. What if he attacks someone with his persona? What if, in doing so, he also gets in trouble with the velvet room, hence why it's a prison?

Squire

Banned
I'm wondering if we don't know the full extent of how this all lines up. Remember that scene in PV02 where MC is chained up by some demons and looks like he's about to be executed, but then his Persona pops out and tells him to fight back for the justice he was denied? Yeah, well, what if THAT'S tied to this? Also note that the scene in the middle of Shibuya where his persona first appears is separate from this scene, so I'm wondering if he gets his persona first and then the incident with the attacker happens. What if he attacks someone with his persona? What if, in doing so, he also gets in trouble with the velvet room, hence why it's a prison?

My working theory is Igor is either ostensibly and/or symbolically MCs parole officer this go around.

The real question we should be asking is how does Chair-kun tie into all of this. We haven't seen him since he was shot at Super Live.

My guess would be that this incident is before any awakenings. Since MC's awakening seems to take place in the Castle. Sounds like it might play relatively straight with no supernatural elements. Or at least until the endgame where it's revealed that the woman is actually a godess who was responsible for everything the whole time.

Lunar15

One thing we know for real though: People summon their personas when they're mad. The scene with Makoto proves it, as does the scene where the MC summons his persona. The rage associated with being shut down by society is the trigger. Or rather, the moment where you decide to fight back is the trigger.

I wonder what triggers the evolution, though.

For the interrogators to be asking him about "that world" I imagine it has to be after he's already become the Phantom and is entering dungeons. The scene with the attacker being described as the prologue makes me think that's it's just the reason he ends up being transferred to Syujin.

It sounds like something to give him a motive when he does become the Phantom. Although interesting that the Phantom thieves thing is supposed to Ryuji's idea.

Lunar15

For the interrogators to be asking him about "that world" I imagine it has to be after he's already become the Phantom and is entering dungeons. The scene with the attacker being described as the prologue makes me think that's it's just the reason he ends up being transferred to Syujin.

I agree, that interrogation is much later. I also agree that him transferring is likely related to the incident as well. There's a part in the trailer where you see some ambient dialogue of a student saying "Oh, he's THAT transfer student?" He's probably known for being a bit of an outcast.

Also, who's to say that the interrogation scene is the police at all? What if it's some kind of Palace related mafia?

It sounds like something to give him a motive when he does become the Phantom. Although interesting that the Phantom thieves thing is supposed to Ryuji's idea.

Yeah. If it's a case of him being the only person who steps forward to help the woman and doing so results in him being punished then that could definitely give him a motive for becoming the Phantom.

One thing we know for real though: People summon their personas when they're mad. The scene with Makoto proves it, as does the scene where the MC summons his persona. The rage associated with being shut down by society is the trigger. Or rather, the moment where you decide to fight back is the trigger.

I wonder what triggers the evolution, though.

If I had to guess, probably finding something to fight for, instead of just fighting against the powers that be.

I'm getting a bad feeling about the fates of these characters. Outside of Arsene and Zorro, all of the tales the Personas are based upon end......lets say not well.

Captain Kidd - Executed
Carmen - Murdered
Goemon - Executed
Johanna - Death after giving birth (unknown cause, possibly murder)
Necronomicon - LITERALLY THE BOOK OF DEATH
Milady - Executed

Im sure it's nothing.........yeah

I'm getting a bad feeling about the fates of these characters. Outside of Arsene and Zorro, all of the tales the Personas are based upon end......lets say not well.

Captain Kidd - Executed
Carmen - Murdered
Goemon - Executed
Milady - Executed

Theres going to be a bad end where the entire party other than Protag and Morgana die horribly isn't there? I'm already getting plenty of "you're going to fuck up horribly if you don't watch yourself" vibes.

Strimei

Captain Kidd - Executed
Carmen - Murdered
Goemon - Executed
Milady - Executed

If the pattern keeps from 3 and 4, they'll evolve into something else, so perhaps it'll happen at a low point or something.

Speaking of
I really hope we get story-based upgrades like in 3 rather than how it worked in 4. I liked that the cast's actually grew rather than depending entirely upon how they are with the MC

FluxWaveZ

Captain Kidd - Executed
Carmen - Murdered
Goemon - Executed
Milady - Executed

I love it. I had pointed it out before the recent news, but I didn't even think about if the trend holds and it does. It's in line with the whole "glory or ruin" motif; their evolved personas will likely hold a different underlying meaning, possibly as they face that ruin and find the power within themselves to overcome it.

Yeah. If it's a case of him being the only person who steps forward to help the woman and doing so results in him being punished then that could definitely give him a motive for becoming the Phantom.
Persona 5 also seems to have themes of corruption and power. Perhaps what makes the MC become a thief is because the man (I'm assuming the one who was attacking the ladies) was powerful in status/riches and got away free and turned the police on MC. If this was already mentioned then it's my bad, but that's what I think will happen.

Captain Kidd - Executed
Carmen - Murdered
Goemon - Executed
Milady - Executed

Only way out I'm seeing is that their evolved Personas met better fates.

Only way out I'm seeing is that their evolved Personas met better fates.

That'd be really cool, actually.

They also said that the personas evolve very differently this time, compared to in Persona 3 and 4. See Below:

Each persona is designed to embody an outlaw, reflecting characteristics of the Palace. The requirements for a persona to evolve are completely different from one another.

Source

Possibly social quests or gameplay sidequests.

I don't think they'd do common stuff like that to evolve personas.

So, like completing a character's social link... but in different ways.
Hmm...

Would this mean that S-links involve more than just picking the right choice in a set conversation? (Say, something like having you mash square to win
the punch-up with Yosuke at the end of his link
)

DNAbro

Random thought about the new info and how it might be gameplay related.

So most of the personas met tragic ends and "evolve in different ways." Maybe this will be 100% story related and they will evolve in the middle of the game as certain points, but what if you need to do something like social links/cooperation or whatever, and if you don't do it for certain characters they meet some kind of "tragic end." I'm not saying death, but something bad happens or they get caught. Could be a way to get multiple endings/true ending.

Squire

Banned
Random thought about the new info and how it might be gameplay related.

So most of the personas met tragic ends and "evolve in different ways." Maybe this will be 100% story related and they will evolve in the middle of the game as certain points, but what if you need to do something like social links/cooperation or whatever, and if you don't do it for certain characters they meet some kind of "tragic end." I'm not saying death, but something bad happens or they get caught. Could be a way to get multiple endings/true ending.

Yeah, this is what I've been thinking for a while, basically. Somehow the Persona's will change as the characters complete their arcs. That's why I think a possible twist might be that MC is the one to get Sherlock as a Persona.

Top Bottom