• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

FluxWaveZ

It's a shame that the Persona 20th anniversary orchestral concert will presumably never be released on DVD/Blu-ray or streamed online. It's bound to be amazing, yet the only way to experience it would be to actually buy a ticket and go there on August 13th.

It's a shame that the Persona 20th anniversary orchestral concert will presumably never be released on DVD/Blu-ray or streamed online. It's bound to be amazing, yet the only way to experience it would be to actually buy a ticket and go there on August 13th.

Is this confirmed? I can't imagine they'd pass up the chance to sell even more merch.

Squire

Banned
Anyone spoken to Reanimation? I'm slightly worried looking at his Twitter feed.

I can't say we're good friends, but I am concerned all the same and the community has been helpful with things like this before. I figured it'd be good to at least post here, given some of you might talk to him in the IRC channel.

Strimei

Just a head's up, his twitter seems to have been set to protected so anyone not following him already can't see what the tweet is (like me, I just get a "that tweet is unavailable" message thing)

Squire

Banned
Just a head's up, his twitter seems to have been set to protected so anyone not following him already can't see what the tweet is (like me, I just get a "that tweet is unavailable" message thing)

Right, sorry, I should've noted that.

There's definitely posters here that follow him though.

Sophia

The bad news: I haven't been able to get ahold of him yet, nor has anyone in the IRC.

The good news: If we don't hear from him, we have some information to help locate him.

The better news: He just logged onto GAF 30 minutes ago according to his profile., so I sent him a PM. Hopefully he'll respond.

PK Gaming

I commissioned EightyFourX to draw this for $55.55

tumblr_o7ge3kSjCz1tky05no1_1280.png

Worth it

Mediking

Not "mainline" I suppose but Digital Devil Saga has very similar presentation to Nocturne.

And as for the quality of the models, Nocturne doesn't use portraits like Persona to fall back on for cutscenes/dialog. Plus it has a tiny cast and no real human background characters to model.

Also mild spoilers, but you could say that setting in SMTIV is, in the words of Soejima, a profound ruse.

SMTIV is definitely a game where I was like, "Who wrote these characters?" Atmosphere? Great. Battling? Great. Exploring? Problems. Story plot? Really confused. Characters? Jonathon and Walter has to be the most bland characters I think Atlus ever had. Isabeau wasn't that bad. I'm still looking forward to SMTFinal but I hope there are some improvements regarding likeable characters and exploring.

Actually.. now that I remember... the only character I even liked was Burroughs. She's like a cooler version of Navi from Zelda.

SMTIV is definitely a game where I was like, "Who wrote these characters?" Atmosphere? Great. Battling? Great. Exploring? Problems. Story plot? Really confused. Characters? Jonathon and Walter has to be the most bland characters I think Atlus ever had. Isabeau wasn't that bad. I'm still looking forward to SMTFinal but I hope there are some improvements regarding likeable characters and exploring.

Actually.. now that I remember... the only character I even liked was Burroughs. She's like a cooler version of Navi from Zelda.

Apparently, Apocalypse should be right up your alley, then.

I think my problem with them is that around the alignment locks they were kind of written to fit their role first and as characters second, which led to a lot of their actions being really out of character.

Yeah. But again, Apocalypse doesn't seem like it'll have that problem either due to structure reasons or the sheer number of companion characters.

Jonathon and Walter has to be the most bland characters I think Atlus ever had.
I think my problem with them is that around the alignment locks they were kind of written to fit their role first and as characters second, which led to a lot of their actions being really out of character.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)

Pretty much word for word what I would have said. It's 0-60 in .3 seconds from 'rules are good/bad' to 'lets do genocide'.

Hm, looks like all the Persona Music Live shows are back on YT, Music Box and Livehouse have also been uploaded.
I own the blurays but it's convenient to have them online.
Must've watched/listened to these shows a thousand times, particularly this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__JvT41ZLM
It's hard for me to put into words how much I love her voice.

Makio

particularly this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__JvT41ZLM
It's hard for me to put into words how much I love her voice.

(So weird to open a random link from my own video hahaha)
But yeah like i think i say in the past im not biggest fan of Shihoko Hirata ,but that song in particular is one of my favorites of the concert.

The music , her voice , the shots .... one of the my favorite performance in those concerts.

And i'm glad someone upload the full things , sadly is not the first time i see them up in Youtube and gone in weeks -days thanks to Atlustube.

(For some reason individual songs never get touch but the full shows get down easily)

Sophia

So... more or less than the toilet and basketball enemies from P1?

Craziest part is, the toilets and basketball enemies aren't even atop the most ridiculous enemies in Persona 1. The children's toy brought to life with a machine gun tops that. Or the teddy bear. >_>;

Come to think of it, there are two versions of those toilet enemies in Persona 1....

FluxWaveZ

I'm guessing none of us are one of the 1,999 chosen ones who will be seeing the Persona 20th anniversary orchestral concert in August?

That likely possibility that we'll never get to hear this just makes me really... sad. There'll even be Persona 5 music! It's going to be 2.5 hours of amazing renditions that will never be heard again.

Man, I hope Atlus can get it recorded...

Sophia

I'm guessing none of us are one of the 1,999 chosen ones who will be seeing the Persona 20th anniversary orchestral concert in August?

That likely possibility that we'll never get to hear this just makes me really... sad. There'll even be Persona 5 music! It's going to be 2.5 hours of amazing renditions that will never be heard again.

Don't remind me. I'd kill to see symphonic game music live, let alone Persona.

Every time Distant Worlds comes to Chicago, I die a little inside knowing there's no way for me to get a ride there.

Guess Who

Banned

Considering they record all the live concerts, even the smaller ones like Music Box, I think there's a decent chance they'll put it out in some form.

I fucking refuse to believe that the concert will only remain in the memories of those attending it.

Dantis

Do we know if any of the Game Symphony arrangements are actually any good?

I'm not convinced that Persona's music will be overly interesting on a full orchestra, considering how pared down Meguro's arrangement style is.

Top Bottom