• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Numb

already the best
tumblr_o7bl7rEAoP1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg
that is all

Mediking

Has anyone heard anything about Persona 4 being given the recent PS2 port treatment on PS4?

I don't think Atlus is in any rush to do that when Persona 4 Golden exists on Vita. I mean, it could happen but I don't see it happening any time soon. MAYBE when Persona 5 releases, we'll get some Persona Classics on PS4.

The PS3 classics seemed to be Atlus USA's doing (or Ghostlights in EU). I don't think they're on PSN in Japan at all. Since the PS4 ones have more requirements, would they even be possible without Atlus JP's involvement?

Although Atlus JP seem to support Nintendo's VC quite a bit, and they have some of their PS1 games on PSN, just not the PS2 ones.

Mediking

Did you play Persona 4 Arena?

Edit: it seems you didnt even play the Answer. lol

I was too emotional after I finished The Journey to even consider playing The Answer. I'll never forget the raw emotion I was feeling. Two things happened when I finished the Journey: Persona 3 FES became my favorite game of all time and I struggled to cope with a certain somebody's death. The big reason why I can't bring myself to play the Answer is because I get the feeling that
Minato doesn't get revived. And if he doesn't then I'm very hesitant to play The Answer.

I was too emotional after I finished The Journey to even consider playing The Answer. I'll never forget the raw emotion I was feeling. Two things happened when I finished the Journey: Persona 3 FES became my favorite game of all time and I struggled to cope with
a certain somebody's death. The big reason why I can't bring myself to play the Answer is because I get the feeling thatMinato doesn't get revived. And if he doesn't then I'm very hesitant to play The Answer.

The only reason I played P3 was because of the setup Arena provided.

But we've been here before, so let's just refer to that before we sound like an even more broken record,

(I call it: "ADead's bombass day on PersonaGAF" :p)

If you don't want spoilers, it's alright. But the Answer and Persona 4 Arena give you more details about what happened to
P3MC

Or, if you're not in the mood to spend money, P4 explains enough
after your NG+ fight with Margaret.

I was too emotional after I finished The Journey to even consider playing The Answer. I'll never forget the raw emotion I was feeling. Two things happened when I finished the Journey: Persona 3 FES became my favorite game of all time and I struggled to cope with a certain somebody's death. The big reason why I can't bring myself to play the Answer is because I get the feeling that
Minato doesn't get revived. And if he doesn't then I'm very hesitant to play The Answer.
If you don't want spoilers, it's alright.
But the Answer and Persona 4 Arena give you more details about what happened to P3MC.

Mediking

The only reason I played P3 was because of the setup Arena provided.

But we've been here before, so let's just refer to that before we sound like an even more broken record,

(I call it: "ADead's bombass day on PersonaGAF" :p)

Or, if you're not in the mood to spend money, P4 explains enough
after your NG+ fight with Margaret.

If you don't want spoilers, it's alright. But the Answer and Persona 4 Arena give you more details about what happened to P3MC.

Hahah thanks Diehard-san and Ganzlinger. I'm fine, I'm fine. Joker is carrying Minato's and Yu's torch now!

Mediking

I'm curious, have you played either of the P2 games, Mediking? I ask this considering how strongly you feel about P3's ending.

I haven't got to the P2 games yet, Morning Star. I'm waiting for a random sale for them on Vita. Lol. I will play them before P5 comes out!!!

PK Gaming

I was too emotional after I finished The Journey to even consider playing The Answer. I'll never forget the raw emotion I was feeling. Two things happened when I finished the Journey: Persona 3 FES became my favorite game of all time and
I struggled to cope with a certain somebody's death. The big reason why I can't bring myself to play the Answer is because I get the feeling that Minato doesn't get revived. And if he doesn't then I'm very hesitant to play The Answer.

If Persona 3 is your favorite game of all time then you basically owe it yourself to play The Answer, regardless of the outcome.

Minato can't be the ONLY reason you liked Persona 3, right?

If Persona 3 is your favorite game of all time then you basically owe it yourself to play The Answer, regardless of the outcome.

Given the gifs featured, I'd guess Yukari's of some importance? :)

I tried playing The Answer... right up until the battles started and surprisingly it was.. hard.

Why such a high increase in difficulty?

Something about an 'authentic experience' was their reason for not having an adjustable difficulty.

Also, Ken's the most useful in the early dungeons. Weird.

_Ryo_

I tried playing The Answer... right up until the battles started and surprisingly it was.. hard.

Why such a high increase in difficulty?

Mediking

Persona 3 spoilers:
Minato isn't the only reason I loved Persona 3. I loved the characters, the music, the gameplay, the story, the everything. And playing as a guy who walked around with his hands in pockets, studying in school, fighting monsters, making friends, listening to music, etc was just amazing to me. Minato is symbol of everything I love about P3. That's why I'm so attached to him. Also when I finished the Journey for the first time, I didn't really understand the death theme in the game and I never really saw Minato as apathetic until other people told me what was really going on. Oh, man.... you should've seen how I reacted at the end of the Journey. You wanna talk about denial and sadness over a character? Hahah. It was the first day I started listening to Persona songs on my cellphone.

Given the gifs featured, I'd guess Yukari's of some importance? :)

Of course I love Yukari, Aigis, Mitsuru, and Fuuka! Hhaha they're all awesome!

MSMrRound

Some of the talk here is kinda creeping into spoiler territory, for people who might not have finished the game.

even talk of a certain someone's death without outright mentioning them...is just pretty telling new players that someone WILL die in the game, which is a detail they might not be aware about from promotional materials and such. E.g, unlike P4's, which pretty much tell you that you are solving a murder mystery.

Might be unintentional, but still...just a gentle reminder. Cheers.

_Ryo_

Lets all play P3Fes together....

No one? :(

But yes I should replay persona 3 fes and persona 4 as ive never played NG+ on either.

Edit: that P4D Vinyl cover is amazing.

Mediking

Some of the talk here is kinda creeping into spoiler territory, for people who might not have finished the game.

even talk of a certain someone's death without outright mentioning them...is just pretty telling new players that someone WILL die in the game, which is a detail they might not be aware about from promotional materials and such. E.g, unlike P4's, which pretty much tell you that you are solving a murder mystery.

Might be unintentional, but still...just a gentle reminder. Cheers.

I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

But yes I should replay persona 3 fes and persona 4 as ive never played NG+ on either.

I'm playing Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden which is why I'm going through all these emotions!

_Ryo_

I'm playing Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden which is why I'm going through all these emotions!

I meant more as a book club styled deal where you play up to a certain point and then have a discussion each week.

It was a bad idea anyway.

But you are correct. MINATO IS FUCKING AWESOME. Yu shall rue the day he deemed himself "Protagonist."

daevious

It's been years since I've replayed P3FES, I should make room for a rerun of that game after all this assignment work stops killing me.

84X

Banned
I like how the pitched idea for a community replay of the games, joke or not, forgets P1 and P2.

I wouldn't ever ask someone to have to replay P1 either I guess.

NichM

Banned
I was too emotional after I finished The Journey to even consider playing The Answer. I'll never forget the raw emotion I was feeling. Two things happened when I finished the Journey: Persona 3 FES became my favorite game of all time and I struggled to cope with
a certain somebody's death.

You should play The Answer, because it is directly and specifically about
struggling to cope with that person's death.

I have a strong inclination that Joker will be my favourite protagonist by a wide margin. Makoto was serviceable (too apathetic for me), and while I liked Yu, my favourite characters have a slightly harder edge. I need that snark in my life.

We'll see how it pans out.

(P1 and 2 are excepted because I have neither the hardware nor the cash to try them out right now).

Also P3FES sucks on NG+. I have 2.5 playthroughs of that game, and the .5 is the NG+ run I had to abandon because it was so God. Damn. Boring.

Zolo

I feel like Tatsuya was the best or at least he's up there. Not due to his personality like most usually attribute, but because in Innocent Sin, you actually get to name out what he may be looking for in the near future which was lacking in both P3 and P4 protagonists despite having a lot more dialogue.

Just going off the mainline games, I'm going to have to say Tatsuya or Makoto are up there. I feel like the change their stories made in them was a bit more apparent than with Yu. Naoya is somewhere in between and the best is clearly
Maya

I feel like Tatsuya was the best or at least he's up there. Not due to his personality like most usually attribute, but because in Innocent Sin, you actually get to name out what he may be looking for in the near future which was lacking in both P3 and P4 protagonists despite having a lot more dialogue.

Interesting that you'd say that he's the best in terms of player agency (not the exact word) since I think Tatsuya is the furthest away from being a blank slate.

I meant more as a book club styled deal where you play up to a certain point and then have a discussion each week.

It was a bad idea anyway.

Not that bad of an idea actually. Similarly, NichM has a P5 book club thread with novels related to the persona's in P5.

I was too emotional after I finished The Journey to even consider playing The Answer. I'll never forget the raw emotion I was feeling. Two things happened when I finished the Journey: Persona 3 FES became my favorite game of all time and I struggled to cope with a certain somebody's death. The big reason why I can't bring myself to play the Answer is because I get the feeling that Minato doesn't get revived. And if he doesn't then I'm very hesitant to play The Answer.

You should just spoiler tag, is very easy to find who you're talking about

But play The Answer, or at least watch a "movie" version on youtube. You say you want closure, then you should play it

Olengie

I'd rather a platinum version, but fat chance of that happening.

Also, trying to be vague by saying 'certain someone' is kind of pointless when we've already got spoiler tags.

We've been talking about the Platinum version for years. I'll take a PS4 version of P3 FES if anything.

Top Bottom