• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Absolutely none of the Game Symphony Japan concerts have been released on DVD or any form of home release, including the Final Fantasy VII one.

This one will be broadcast at midnight, but only if you look at your TV alone while it's raining. It's curious though, even though it feels like it lasts for several hours, the clock says it's only 12:01 when it's over.

84X

Banned
Not sure if they'd want to touch it given its length but a fully orchestrated The Genesis would be the hypest shit ever.

FluxWaveZ

Not sure if they'd want to touch it given its length but a fully orchestrated The Genesis would be the hypest shit ever.

Yeah, 8 minutes for a song that is actually fairly repetitive like that would probably be too long. They have 6 games to cover in 2.5 hours. I guess, divided equally, that's 30 minutes each (consolidating P2:IS and P2:EP into one like they did in their list).

From a really quick look for the longest track they played in a previous concert, the longest I saw was Dreams Dreams from Nights at 6 minutes.

Edit: Thinking about it, I'd be equally excited to hear the Persona 1 and 2 arrangements as I would the Persona 5 tracks. Perhaps more so since I'd be able to recognize the tracks.

Apparently set list go up a few months in advance, looking at a few of the other ones. At the very least we might learn the names of some P5 tracks.

84X

Banned
Yeah, 8 minutes for a song that is actually fairly repetitive like that would probably be too long. They have 6 games to cover in 2.5 hours. I guess, divided equally, that's 30 minutes each (consolidating P2:IS and P2:EP into one like they did in their list).

From a really quick look for the longest track they played in a previous concert, the longest I saw was Dreams Dreams from Nights at 6 minutes.

Guess for it to work they'd need to chop off the first 2 minutes or arrange it to finish off a sort of medley to end the P4 'section', if they do indeed perform the games in blocks.

I dunno, it's still one of the more interesting songs I feel they could attempt to perform.

FluxWaveZ

Still better than "Makoto is Nanako", bub.

Or that.

Not really, "Crow = Ken" is equally as idiotic an idea.

That's aside from the fact that we've already heard his voice, which is completely different from Amada's.

Can't believe we're at this point and people are still seriously speculating about Persona 5 like we're in 2013-2014.

Joker is Sho

Joker is Joker:

latest
latest

the real question is what role ariana grande's character is going to play

(i know the blurb will read something like "she'll be important to the plot" just like makoto and haru and yuusuke's did, but that doesn't say a lot you know?)

Not really, "Crow = Ken" is equally as idiotic an idea.

That's aside from the fact that we've already heard his voice, which is completely different from Amada's.

Can't believe we're at this point and people are still seriously speculating about Persona 5 like we're in 2013-2014.

There's still mysteries, so speculation will still be had, no matter what year it currently is.

FluxWaveZ

There's still mysteries, so speculation will still be had, no matter what year it currently is.

Not all speculation is equal. Some is actually substantiated with proper evidence and logical reasoning. Some is actually based on precedence and context. Some is baseless drivel from people who still can't comprehend that Persona 5, at its core, has completely disassociated itself from the settings of P3 and P4 and that there is absolutely no chance there was ever going to be a party member as a character from any of the previous Persona games.

The matter of year relates to the fact that we've had a proper amount of information to determine this fact since at least February 5, 2015. If not that, then definitely September 2015.

84X

Banned
At least some of the old MC art sorta lent itself to the Sho comparisons. Perhaps even facilitating Soejima to redraw them.

Believing the Ken thing means you not only give credence to a "returning character as party member" gimmick but also that P-Studio would be dense enough to choose a character not even that well liked.

Not all speculation is equal. Some is actually substantiated with proper evidence and logical reasoning. Some is actually based on precedence and context. Some is baseless drivel from people who still can't comprehend that Persona 5, at its core, has completely disassociated itself from the settings of P3 and P4 and that there is absolutely no chance there was ever going to be a party member as a character from any of the previous Persona games.

Guess it's good that I'll be pleased whether that idea's true or false, then.

edit: In all honesty, I'm not even sure how sincerely I believe it. Guess that means I don't.

Levito

Banned
"Sho is P5 MC, because the color red"

Ah, what a ride waiting for Persona 5 has been.

You should do this anyway!

I kind of want to, wearing schoolgirl uniform would be fun. 20 *good* pullups would be way hard though. I can only do about 8 right now, 3ish months to train for it I guess~

Guess Who

Banned

The matter of year relates to the fact that we've had a proper amount of information to determine this fact since at least February 5, 2015. If not that, then definitely September 2015.

but have you considered that sae niijima is a shadow operative

FluxWaveZ

but have you considered that sae niijima is a shadow operative

Heh, now that one I have heard. I won't say that it's as dumb as the "Sho/Nanako/Ken are party members" stuff because "Shadow Operatives" could just be given as the name of whatever investigative group "the enemy" is a part of without dwelling on it or giving any big exposition on their place in previous games (basically, just as a piece of fanservice for fans to then take further as they see fit or to create a piece for future P5 spin-offs).

That said, it's pretty out there as well and it's very likely not happening. That's not to say that one of the antagonistic groups won't be a shadowy organization looking into supernatural activity for the betterment of mankind, but called or associated with the "Shadow Operatives"? Nah.

I would like to see them place an actual year on Persona 5 in the final game, though. Not a fan of the "20XX" stuff; it's always neat to have a concrete time reference to at least mentally place when this is happening and put it in context with previous Persona game timelines, if one's so inclined.

84X

Banned
Due to the leap year I really can't see it not being 2016 when it's sorta marketed as "present-day Tokyo".

2044 alone seems far too off.

So I really can't comprehend the 20XX thing myself, even if it's just for the trailer.

Mediking

Sho...? Isn't he that kid social link from Persona 4? And Ken as a party member? You guys mean the kid from Persona 3???? What exactly are these theories?

_Ryo_

Why does Persona 5 have a calender year of 20XX?

Basee on the calander in reality and coinciding days of the month isnt there only really few years it could be? I mean, I get not wanting to be trapped to a time frame but still its kind of strange. I dunno.

FluxWaveZ

Due to the leap year I really can't see it not being 2016 when it's sorta marketed as "present-day Tokyo".

2044 alone seems far too off.

So I really can't comprehend the 20XX thing myself, even if it's just for the trailer.

I think if it's not 2016, the alternative is that they actually have decided to do away with a specific year for whatever reason and it really will be "20XX" as a vague, but not definite time frame. That'd possibly distance Persona 5 further from any real connection to previous Persona games, too (or give them room to breathe, depending on the consequences P5's ending has on their world and what the team decides to do with it next).

I think of Catherine and how that didn't have a set year associated with it,
though I imagine a lot of that was because of the twist they set up with where and when the game actually takes place

Thinking about how P3 and P4 were set in the near future, something I'm also thinking is the possibility of P Studio presumably not being too into how the delays actually made real time catch up with their designed in-game time? Dunno what the thematic/design reasons for that would be but, hey, it's something to think about if they stick with "20XX."

P5 is breaking a few series norms with it's setting already anyway, with being set in Toyko rather than a fictional location. Could just be that they decided to not tie it to a specific year.

Top Bottom