• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Guess Who

Banned
Not a game, then. :p

They're wrong, the first shot is from P4G proper. (The second one with Yu covering Marie's eyes is from the anime.)

And yeah, P4G was bad about that shit, too. They not only added a second hot springs scene, complete with anime, but added an anime scene to the original game's hot springs scene.

cj_iwakura

They're wrong, the first shot is from P4G proper. (The second one with Yu covering Marie's eyes is from the anime.)

And yeah, P4G was bad about that shit, too. They not only added a second hot springs scene, complete with anime, but added an anime scene to the original game's hot springs scene.

Yo dawg, we heard you like hot springs, so we put a hot spring in your hot spring.

That said, I think P4D's scene was, pardon the pun, steamier. It's less obscured.

I thought that soaped-up gal looked familiar...

The entire character is just so insane, I love it. God bless Japan. The character is the highest level of gay attainable. It's the super saiyan of gay or something. And in the year 2015!!

Persona (and Catherine) is so weird with LGBT. It's like with Persona 3 they had that "beautiful lady?" thing, with 4 it's like "Are you gay or trans? Naaaah! Not really! No worries you guys are normal more or less!", and with Catherine it's got some pretty messed up stuff too in how it treats one character.

But I feel like they mean well, and i'm honestly going into Persona 5 with the hope that they will finally take the subject on for real.

But man... what a great character. He should have been in Arena or something. I hope he comes back, again and again and again (HelllloOoOoOoO!!). He should be a mainstay of the series. Maybe even get a spinoff.

I don't actually think that P5 will have a significant delay for Europe, especially with how close KoF is to it's NA date, even without the NISA partnership.

Lunar15

I really really really want to see a high quality version of the art on the back of the special edition.

20160505_071836_thumb.png

Total heist movie poster.

Sophia

Lol at chumps thinking P5 will release same day as Japan in Europe.

6a00d83451b52369e20199xsc7.jpg

You gotta believe! Believe in the near simultaneous release date.

Japan: September.
NA: October.
EU: November.

I don't actually think that P5 will have a significant delay for Europe, especially with how close KoF is to it's NA date, even without the NISA partnership.

Certainly, the days of SMTIV/Arena style delays are behind us. And importing should be an option for Persona 5, as I doubt we'll ever deal with the region locking nonsense on Sony's platform again.

MSMrRound

importing should be an option for Persona 5, as I doubt we'll ever deal with the region locking nonsense on Sony's platform again.

I personally believe that the region lock issue came mostly from AtlusJP's side, since original Persona 4 Arena had both English/Japanese text as well as language tracks, meaning that if the Japanese fan wanted to, they could have gotten the English version at a much cheaper price compared to what they were paying back home.

That corporate pressure/red tape when it comes to maximizing their profits.

Still a bit unfortunate though, for the game to have the hallmark of the first and only region-locked PS3 title=/

Persona 5 shouldn't be a problem...hopefully...? Even if they did manage to negotiate some sort of dual audio deal. As long as there isn't any option to switch between Japanese/English text.

Yeah, "details" is interesting. Last year Atlus USA had a dance floor where they gave away P4D T-Shirts, and a P5 bag which they gave away if you had a photo taken with the P5 protagonist. And the year before it was signed Ultimax posters. So I assume the "item" will be something along those lines.

I guess they'll reveal if there will be a demo playable, and if Atlus are doing something separate to Sony's event, this is where we'll hear about it.

So next week we have E3 details on Monday, then Persona 5 in Japanese magazines on Tuesday.

Makio

When Lady Gaga does the soundtrack.

We all remember when Lady Gaga cosplayed as Margaret right ....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcZJiIRUcAEIEqT.jpg

So is there a chance can happen.

Kidding

At least that E3 badge seems easier to tell than last year one.

And wonder what "details" IGN is going to tell in Monday about P5 being in E3 or be more like what our "experts" think we can expect of P5 in E3.

I go for the second.

Details will most likely be Atlus' E3 plans. or the Phantom Thieves plans if it's going to be more in line with previous events.

I wouldn't expect there to be much actual information on the game, although with P5 being in Dengeki next week too, I guess there could be something, and I guess IGN has been showing new trailers for games in their runup to E3.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, "details" is interesting. Last year Atlus USA had a dance floor where they gave away P4D T-Shirts, and a P5 bag which they gave away if you had a photo taken with the P5 protagonist. And the year before it was signed Ultimax posters. So I assume the "item" will be something along those lines.

I guess they'll reveal if there will be a demo playable, and if Atlus are doing something separate to Sony's event, this is where we'll hear about it.

So next week we have E3 details on Monday, then Persona 5 in Japanese magazines on Tuesday.

Next week should be goooooood.

"Details" in this context probably means an announcement of:

• Expect to see a new English trailer for Persona 5 @ E3 2016!
  • Expect to learn about the hotly anticipated North American release date for Persona 5 @ E3 2016!
Likely a mix of both + Badge and Swag details.

Though I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Phantom Thieves pull a heist at the Sony conference like they've done at all Persona 5's other showings.

"We've got a tip that a mysterious band of thieves will attempt to sabotage a press conference at E3!" + the Badge being a calling card/warning note type thing would be HYPE.

Makio

Though I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Phantom Thieves pull a heist at the Sony conference like they've done at all Persona 5's other showings.

"We've got a tip that a mysterious band of thieves will attempt to sabotage a press conference at E3!" + the Badge being a calling card/warning note type thing would be HYPE.

My only question with that is the phantom thieves is going to speak in English for been an american event or they are going to keep japanese which is fine putting some subs in there but for a live event , kinda weak people dont speak jap dont know what going on

Not like i expect that to happen but seriously that's my only problem with it....

(i see more possible they bring the lady reporter for the people "watching" in Japan , she going in Atlus booth and stuff).

Setsu00

6a00d83451b52369e20199xsc7.jpg

You gotta believe! Believe in the near simultaneous release date.

Japan: September.
NA: October.
EU: November.

Certainly, the days of SMTIV/Arena style delays are behind us. And importing should be an option for Persona 5, as I doubt we'll ever deal with the region locking nonsense on Sony's platform again.

Persona 5 coming to Europe in November would be great, preferably November 4.

Lunar15

The harder part is figuring out the reverse side, which won't have the outline as a hint.

Probably Apocalypse ofc.

That's what I started to try to figure out, but then realized that it could only be the logo.

My bet's on Apocalypse for sure. Not gonna lie, that's going to be a sick insert with both SMT and Persona on it.

Top Bottom