• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

MSMrRound

I can't remember where that Morgana art comes from...

latest

If I'm not wrong this particular image of Morgana first appeared under the "Wanted!" posters that AtlusJP was putting up prior to TGS2015.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Of course P5 isn't getting a simultaneous global release. The smart money is on it coming to EU before the JP launch on September 15th.

At least English VA is pretty much guaranteed at E3. Gonna be kinda shocked if all they have is Japanese footage.

I wouldn't be *too* surprised, but I'd still be disappointed.

I'm actually curious what they'll have for the Japanese audiences there. Will pretty much have to be some new information/footage, or else they wouldn't have made a big deal out of them going to E3.

At the very least, we'll know something before we have a happy tuesday. :p

Tamanon

Banned
I'm actually curious what they'll have for the Japanese audiences there. Will pretty much have to be some new information/footage, or else they wouldn't have made a big deal out of them going to E3.

Corginand

2016 release date and PS3 version also coming here is all I ask for.

If it's PS4 exclusive for us I'll see how I can get one before release date, I guess.

DNAbro

2016 release date and PS3 version also coming here is all I ask for.

If it's PS4 exclusive for us I'll see how I can get one before release date, I guess.

PS3 has been confirmed since forever ago. Atlus is about to release Odin Sphere on PS3, so don't worry.

Nachos

I wouldn't be *too* surprised, but I'd still be disappointed.

You can't go purely subtitles at someplace like E3. That's not mass-market enough for something that'll be televised on American networks, and that's before you look at the venue:

That's a lot of viewing angles for the press, and the subtitles would be impossible to see at the farthest sides. It'll have to be dubbed; otherwise pockets of people won't fully understand what they're supposed to cover. It doesn't make sense to impede promotional opportunities like that.

FluxWaveZ

You can't go purely subtitles at someplace like E3. That's not mass-market enough for something that'll be televised on American networks, and that's before you look at the venue:

That's a lot of viewing angles for the press, and the subtitles would be impossible to see at the farthest sides. It'll have to be dubbed; otherwise pockets of people won't fully understand what they're supposed to cover. It doesn't make sense to impede promotional opportunities like that.

You're assuming that Persona 5 will be shown at the conference, while I think what others like A Dead Diehard are considering is that it wouldn't and that the trailer they would release outside of it would have subs.

You're assuming that Persona 5 will be shown at the conference, while I think what others like A Dead Diehard are considering is that it wouldn't and that the trailer they would release outside of it would have subs.

As they've been shown to do throughout history. Persona just hasn't been a feature at E3 conferences in the past.

That said, if there's any time for that trend to be broken, it's now.

Maybe it's the E3 hype talking, but I can't help but feel like these are all connected...

• IGN Teases Persona 5 @ E3 Info and Atlus E3 Badge reveal for Monday, June 6th. (06/03/16)
  • Mystic Distance, a prominent translator for Japanese Persona 5 & Atlus game information gets a free ticket to the Persona Orchestral Concert. (06/02/16) and can't say how he did it. (06/02/16) Promises "something special for all of us Persona Fans this year. <3" (06/02/16)
  • Mystic Distance says he has a busy week ahead of him, following the above announcements. (06/02/16)
  • VoxChaotica, another translator for Persona 5 info is also suddenly able to go to the Persona Symphony Concert, but is "unable to say anything else about it for... a few more days?" (06/03/16)
Maybe Atlus is recognizing and recruiting help from select parts of the Persona community for the E3 announcement or something similar, and whisking them off to the concert as part of the deal?

Maybe I'm just going insane?

Dantis

Maybe it's the E3 hype talking, but I can't help but feel like these are all connected...

• IGN Teases Persona 5 @ E3 Info and Atlus E3 Badge reveal for Monday, June 6th. (06/03/16)
  • Mystic Distance, a prominent translator for Japanese Persona 5 & Atlus game information gets a free ticket to the Persona Orchestral Concert. (06/02/16) and can't say how he did it. (06/02/16) Promises "something special for all of us Persona Fans this year. <3" (06/02/16)
  • Mystic Distance says he has a busy week ahead of him, following the above announcements. (06/02/16)
  • VoxChaotica, another translator for Persona 5 info is also suddenly able to go to the Persona Symphony Concert, but is "unable to say anything else about it for... a few more days?" (06/03/16)
Maybe Atlus is recognizing and recruiting help from select parts of the Persona community for the E3 announcement or something similar, and whisking them off to the concert as part of the deal?

There is next to no chance that Mystic and Vox received invites from Atlus to Persona Music Live.

Definitely going insane.

PK Gaming

I was able to get into contact with a man named Shawn Bardin, and he gave me some exclusive information regarding Persona 5. He was able to disclose these 3 points:

-P5 will release in 2016 in NA
-An updated re-release for Persona 3 in the works later down the line
-A new IP is being developed, though information on this was incredibly scarce

I can't say anymore though

Mediking

I was able to get into contact with a man named Shawn Bardin, and he gave me some exclusive information regarding Persona 5. He was able to disclose these 3 points:

You're not joking, right???? Please tell me this isn't a joke.... because I would cry tears for those. My PS4 would never shut off if it got Persona 5 AND Persona 3.

Guess Who

Banned

Really? My friend Ron Kardin told me P5 actually came out last year in the US and nobody's found it yet, and that P4-2 is being developed on the P5 engine.

You are going insane, yes. Although it is good news for Mystic and I personally, nothing to do with Atlus.

Setsu00

Speaking of release dates, I actually posted my guess of the Japanese release date during the last Nico stream. I wonder if someone from Atlus Japan noticed that.

MSMrRound

Speaking of release dates, I actually posted my guess of the Japanese release date during the last Nico stream. I wonder if someone from Atlus Japan noticed that.

Setsu, please tell us that you are a Choco Taco expert as well, so that you can decipher Persona 5's Western release date from John Hardin's Twitter avatar.

It's probably not associated with E3, just "hey, you're a big name fan, have a ticket. "

You are going insane, yes. Although it is good news for Mystic and I personally, nothing to do with Atlus.
Besides, a big name fan is someone like Andrew Goldfarb, who clearly loves Persona to death AND works at one of the biggest video game websites in the States.
Drinking the Kool-aid isn't the only option. There's also iced tea or water or something.

Hello guys!

I see that my recent tweets these past few days have generated theories.

I'd like to personally announce this now that it seems to be okay:

I will be meeting Kenichi Shimura, conductor and creator of Game Symphony Japan on August 13, 2016. He has invited me to the ATLUS Special concert and he would like to meet with me to discuss the possibilities of collaborating to bring a concert of his here.

I'll be able to share more details at a later time (including what I'll be able to do for fellow fans once I'm there, e.g. certain photos and coverage), but I wanted to reveal the surprise for everyone before it got too out of hand. I'm very honored to have gotten this opportunity and will be doing more special things for Persona fans throughout the year.

DNAbro

Hello guys!

I will be meeting Kenichi Shimura, conductor and creator of Game Symphony Japan on August 13, 2016. He has invited me to the ATLUS Special concert and he would like to meet with me to discuss the possibilities of collaborating to bring a concert of his here.

I'll be able to share more details at a later time (including what I'll be able to do for fellow fans once I'm there, e.g. certain photos and coverage), but I wanted to reveal the surprise for everyone before it got too out of hand. I'm very honored to have gotten this opportunity and will be doing more special things for Persona fans throughout the year.

As I said on twitter I'm super curious how this happened. Would be cool if the Game Symphony's could be brought over here, but I'll keep expectations in check.

Olengie

i want this

daevious

Hello guys!

That's really cool, congrats and best of luck to you Mystic.

_Ryo_

Gonna just rant, is that alright?

There are so many people that Capital H Hate honorifics, and I just do not get it. Well, I'd understand more if the game was trying to be localized to where the setting is actually changed to resemble a different country than of the original text.

But for Persona games, which take place in Japan, in which you are thurst into a Japanese school system and a Japanese society with Japanese culture, where you meet npcs who also live and think and act based on the Japanese culture they're based on, it just doesn't make any sense to me to decry honorifics since they are a part of Japanese life, and social status which plays a huge role in Persona games. So, seeing people celebrate the lack of them in a Persona fan translation is just strange to me.

I might be wrong though but i just dont get it.

I think the issue is that honorifics is where there's crossover between language and culture.

Detractors see honorifics as hangers-on from the Japanese language that the localization missed, supporters like me see them as part of the atmosphere.

Though admittedly, I'm not sure what I'd prefer to see in SMT4A's post-apocalyptic Tokyo...
Then again, if they had Isabeau saying stuff like 'hark', it's only fair the Tokyo-based cast gets their own tics.

Top Bottom