• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

Yeah, ya'll are in for a rude awakening if you think Morgana is a girl

Morgana is a dude and he's for sure the guy sitting next to Ryoji in the plane in PV4

what is hindsight

Morgana is a shapeshifter apparently, could have male and female human forms.

Weird that we haven't see the E3 Print that Soejima is signing yet.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think Morgana is necessarily male or female, at least at this point.

Morgana is a dude and he's for sure the guy sitting next to Ryoji in the plane in PV4

Likely. Hashino stated that Morgana has a particular bond to the protagonist compared to similarities in previous games, and the protagonist seems to literally bring them along everywhere he goes. I could see Morgana, as a shapeshifter, having the role of the protagonist's body double.

Setsu00

Yeah, ya'll are in for a rude awakening if you think Morgana is a girl

what is hindsight

I was thinking that Morgana was actually Ryuji's blindfold in the same scene. I mean, it does look suspiciously like Morgana's face.

I don't think Morgana is necessarily male or female, at least at this point.

Likely. Hashino stated that Morgana has a particular bond to the protagonist compared to similarities in previous games, and the protagonist seems to literally bring them along everywhere he goes. I could see Morgana, as a shapeshifter, having the role of the protagonist's body double.

It would be pretty funny if
the scenes where he gets caught and interrogated ended up being Morgana

MSMrRound

Just a little bit confused though...for the Niconico livestream this coming Wednesday, is it going to be taking place from Japan or at the E3 venue itself?

Lunar15

Just a little bit confused though...for the Niconico livestream this coming Wednesday, is it going to be taking place from Japan or at the E3 venue itself?

Maybe they'll film it on tuesday on the show floor and then show it to the japanese audience on the stream.

That's the only thing I could think of. It'd make sense as to why the stream is on Wednesday as opposed to Tuesday.

_Ryo_

I thought the stream was gonna be on the 15th in Japan? That's basically the 14th where I live on EST, and I think it said 8am EST, which means for me it would be

8am, June 14th EST (NY Time)
And Japan would be

9pm, June 15th (Standard Tokyo Time)

Am I wrong? Am I gonna have to wait til Wednesday? If so tbat doesn't make sense to me bc Sony's stream is 9pm EST tonight for me and I thought the Persona stream was the day after Sonys, which is Tuesday for me and Wednesday for Japan.

Im really confused... :/

Lunar15

I thought the stream was gonna be on the 15th in Japan? That's basically the 14th where I live on EST, and I think it said 8am EST, which means for me it would be

8am, June 14th EST (NY Time)
And Japan would be

9pm, June 15th (Standard Tokyo Time)

Am I wrong? Am I gonna have to wait til Wednesday? If so tbat doesn't make sense to me bc Sony's stream is 9pm EST tonight for me and I thought the Persona stream was the day after Sonys, which is Tuesday for me and Wednesday for Japan.

Im really confused... :/

Here's the date: June 15, 2016 at 5:00 AM PDT / 8:00 AM EDT.

Sony's conference is tonight, at 9 EST.

PK Gaming

Ck4GgTGWYAAb1ha.jpg

Ck4GgTGWYAAb1ha.jpg

Strimei

I did hope P5 would get more than just a shot of Igor and a shot of an All-out-attack (it was near the end where you saw a bunch of small tiles of many games). I think last year had a few more second of it, even.

Ah well. Kojima's reveal has me excited, so whatever.

Lunar15

Sony didn't even show Gravity Rush. Anime games are definitely not something they want to show in between photorealistic sad beard man adventures.

Pachael

I'm a bit disappointed that Sega and it's subsidiaries including Atlus didn't have a combined press conference but I understand all of them act as autonomous units so they'll have their separate events.

Zolo

Eh....I voted for montage with Persona 5 not releasing til February. That's a long way off to try and hype a game that's still nearly a year away.

Lunar15

It has nothing to do with Atlus not caring. It has everything to do with who Sony presents these to. Sony has a specific market for E3, and it's just not the same one that gets hyped for Atlus games. We're invested, we've already bought in.

FluxWaveZ

It has nothing to do with Atlus not caring. It has everything to do with who Sony presents these to. Sony has a specific market for E3, and it's just not the same one that gets hyped for Atlus games. We're invested, we've already bought in.

What do you think the reason is, then, that Atlus Japan is having a Japanese targeted Persona 5 live stream at E3, while the English Persona 5 events will not be live streamed?

cj_iwakura

Last year had Shenmue 3 and the FF7 Remake. I expected at least SOMETHING more niche than what we got.

Lunar15

What do you think the reason is, then, that Atlus Japan is having a Japanese targeted Persona 5 live stream at E3, while the English Persona 5 events will not be live streamed?

Atlus Japan does not care about the US, that much is sure. But P5 not showing up in press conferences is a completely separate thing that they really have little control over.

Last year was a huge outlier, particularly with Shenmue. But FF7R, to me, still fits the demographic they outline in their marketing documents. They've been trending this way forever in their E3 press conferences, it's just not that big of a surprise.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus Japan does not care about the US, that much is sure. But it not showing up in press conferences is a completely separate thing that they really have zero control over.

Yeah, I'm just thinking about E3 as a whole at this point, 'cause I had already put it in my head that it wouldn't be appearing here. Persona 5 would have actually been out of place way more in this presser compared to last year's, where I do think it would have had a place.

But I think the conversation shouldn't be concentrated too much on P5's presence at E3 conferences anymore and shifted towards a grander picture that is P5's presence for English audiences in general.

Lunar15

Yeah, I'm just thinking about E3 as a whole at this point, 'cause I had already put it in my head that it wouldn't be appearing here. Persona 5 would have actually been out of place way more in this presser compared to last year's, where I do think it would have had a place.

But I think the conversation shouldn't be concentrated too much on P5's presence at E3 conferences anymore and shifted towards a grander picture that is P5's presence for English audiences in general.

This I agree with. I think the big gap between Japanese and English releases made me realize how much Atlus USA is on their own.

The NicoNico stream made complete sense after that, despite it being an absolute bonkers move.

cj_iwakura

This I agree with. I think the big gap between Japanese and English releases made me realize how much Atlus USA is on their own.

The NicoNico stream made complete sense after that, despite it being an absolute bonkers move.

There's been many, many signs that Atlus JP really doesn't care about the western market, this is just yet another pile of dirt on the grave. Atlus USA takes the bones they're thrown.

pirata

Wow, I thought this was P5's year on stage. Hell, the press conference felt like it could have really used something like P5 and a bunch of indie games to balance things out.

Excuse me while I sigh.

Lunar15

There's been many, many signs that Atlus JP really doesn't care about the western market, this is just yet another pile of dirt on the grave. Atlus USA takes the bones they're thrown.

Yeah, this year really drove it home.

Atlus USA really does work wonders with what they're given though. Nothing but props for those guys.

Atlus' overall promotion of P5 has driven it home to me that the markets outside Japan really don't factor in at all with them. Which, I guess is not surprising.

It's a damn shame Atlus JP make such good games, because the way they treat us is almost as bad as Nintendo. Almost.
Not even close to nintendo.

Honestly atlus doesnt treat NA very badly at all. All they are really lacking is getting appeal out to less invested gamers.

EU has bones to pick of course

Lunar15

It's a damn shame Atlus JP make such good games, because the way they treat us is almost as bad as Nintendo. Almost.

Not sure what you're talking about. It's way worse.

We get Nintendo games with near simultaneous launches, they have marketing focused towards the US, and they've definitely let their japanese teams interact more with the west as of late.

Definitely comes down to size, in that case. Nintendo's a huge company. Atlus is not.

cj_iwakura

Not sure what you're talking about. It's way worse.

I doubt they'd allow what's happening to #FE if it weren't a Nintendo IP.

Nintendo also region lock everything, enforce censorship of their scripts and content, and don't know what an 'account system' is.

Lunar15

I doubt they'd allow what's happening to #FE if it weren't a Nintendo IP.

Nintendo also region lock everything, enforce censorship of their scripts and content, and don't know what an 'account system' is.

Account system is bad, but that's bad across the globe, not really US centric. Region lock is real bad, I completely agree. But once again, at least their major games come out near simultaneously. Getting mad over localization is lol, though. It's the least big deal ever.

Nintendo has a lot of misteps, they're real bad at a lot of shit. But at least they view the west as a significant market. That said, I'm not MAD at Atlus JP. That's just how it is. They're small, been through some crazy shit, and were assimilated by a company that also isn't too great with western relations.

Top Bottom