• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sophia

Also, I really like that art of the MC in the side panel.

I wonder if other party members will get to negotiate?

Would be kind of interesting if the other party members were pre-set effects during negotiation. Like negotiate with Ryuji and you always get money, Ann always gets an item, and so fourth...

Contact is more reliable than negotiation, I think. Ulala's fortune telling will always interest an Archangel, for instance. Negotiation is more random.

I really don't know what the ideal form of contact or negotiation would be though.

Raidou 2's system. Demons in your party can affect things in a predictable way.

Lunar15

Would be kind of interesting if the other party members were pre-set effects during negotiation. Like negotiate with Ryuji and you always get money, Ann always gets an item, and so fourth...

Given that All Out Attacks were initiated by multiple characters, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same case here. It's a good spot for some character flair.

Sophia

Given that All Out Attacks were initiated by multiple characters, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same case here. It's a good spot for some character flair.

We'll see. Definitely hope there's a lot of flair to it. The ability to get items from demons, or form contracts, or argue your way out of a fight is pretty awesome.

I actually like negotiations, as long as they're not the Persona 1/2 variation. And even then, I only really hated it in Persona 2 because the original versions lacked the emotion display + tarot cards took forever.

Lunar15

Everything they show regarding this game (aside from release dates) keeps looking better and better. I don't think there's one thing they've shown that has given me any pause.

71fqh1nKARL._SL1055_.jpg

Amazon.jp bonus theme looks neat. First blue butterfly sighting too.

asagami_

Banned
I hope there are secret conversations between our Persona and those Shadows disguised as Demons. They were cool in the original trilogy.

"Have fun with those humans, Lilim Persona?"

Soriku

It doesn't seem like a negotiation system, more like extortion since you can ask for something or just finish them off. Belphegor has given up and is being held at gunpoint, definitely not the same as other systems.

Squire

Banned
It doesn't seem like a negotiation system, more like extortion since you can ask for something or just finish them off. Belphegor has given up and is being held at gunpoint, definitely not the same as other systems.

Extortion fits better with the thief theme. You should be ripping the demons off not haggling.

_Ryo_

Looks like the negotiation system is more of a thieving system. Notice how the speech bubbles and choice tree are coming from the MC character portrait on the side ? Telling the demon to give up its strength or something else or what not. would be a bit of a refresh from the usual smt negotiations, as this is like robbing, which makes sense considering theyre the phantom thieves and all.

Or I am totally wrong and it's just regular negotiation.

Edit: seems I have been beaten!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I wasn't kidding about how great Belphegor looks, I'm really looking forward to seeing what some of the more unusual designs look like with the new assets. I've always been partial to demons like Attis, Saturnus and Tzitzimitl.

Makio

I would be so sad if we dont get any dub by the end of the E3.

(But then again a part of me thinks is kinda early for that)

Makio

I would love to see that trailer subbed , those fan translations are so diferent compared with those two lines showed so far and one vs other.

Makio

The special presentations won't be about Persona 5. As I said before, and now it's even more apparent.

Yeah specially since all the games they bring to the event are playable minus Persona 5 (and Miku i think).

Hoping for a kickass SMT Apocalypse with a release date at least.

(wonder who is the big guest for the P5 stream tomorrow .... Meguro ??? , Jun Fukuyama ???).

I wonder when Atlus USA will upload their subtitled version of PV#04 to their YT channel? Curious to see how they localised the entire dialogue compared to the fan translations.

Makio

I wonder when Atlus USA will upload their subtitled version of PV#04 to their YT channel? .

*hitting F5 in their page like a madman*

Tonight or tomorrow i guess , depends if we get a new trailer for them or not.
But if they only had this trailer subbed i imagine the 16th

Makio

Hope someone like Polygon or IGN recorded for the niggas (like me) cant go to the E3.

Sucks dont live in USA sometimes

Top Bottom