• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

MSMrRound

For what it's worth, I still use the mini duffel bag that came with the GTAIV special edition.

I hope that there's a certain level of quality to the NA P5 CE bag...would definitely like to use it to and fro work. Brought the Odin Sphere storybook edition. I don't mind that the shirt's too big for me to wear, but the picture part with the Habaneristos seems to have a feel of being a tad too "printed on". Part of the picture seems like they could really start to come off easily once they have been through the wash at least a couple of times or more.

Dugna

I know this is probably something that can't be answered but, do you all think there might be a LE PS4? Because I was thinking it mightive been announced at E3 but with that news of no PS4k being shown there I'm doubting it now...which is weird because again PQ and P4D got LE handhelds...

I basically just want to know if I should spend the money on a new video card or wait..

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I hope that there's a certain level of quality to the NA P5 CE bag...would definitely like to use it to and fro work. Brought the Odin Sphere storybook edition. I don't mind that the shirt's too big for me to wear, but the picture part with the Habaneristos seems to have a feel of being a tad too "printed on". Part of the picture seems like they could really start to come off easily once they have been through the wash at least a couple of times or more.

I'll use the bag as part of the cosplay.

kiyoaki

The steel case looks so good. I feel like changing my preorder, but first I want to know what the Amazon.jp bonus is going to be.

PK Gaming

Okay, genuine post incoming

You can invite friends over and chill with them

Holy shit, that is a goddamn incredible feature. It taps into what Golden did where you could invite your friends to the movies (and part of Yosuke's slink), but takes it a step further. I'm really excited for that feature.

Lunar15

Okay, genuine post incoming

You can invite friends over and chill with them

Holy shit, that is a goddamn incredible feature. It taps into what Golden did where you could invite your friends to the movies (and part of Yosuke's slink), but takes it a step further. I'm really excited for that feature.

Yep, anything that leads to more engagement with the characters is awesome.

Dantis

To be clear, though, the soundtrack set that is included with the Japanese CE are all new arrangements of previous Persona game songs.

They're "Anniversary Special Arrangement" versions of select music from the previous games.

I would be very surprised if they were actually remixed. My initial thought is that it would be more likely to be cut down edits, or something like that? Five discs of remixes, made solely for a special edition, seems like way too much work.

I'd expect either a couple of new mixes and otherwise standard songs, or cutdown versions of tracks so they can fit more on each disc.

FluxWaveZ

I'm activating my selective tune-out and immediate-amnesia protocols for anything related to Persona 5 starting now.

It's gonna be a long 8 months.

I would be very surprised if they were actually remixed. My initial thought is that it would be more likely to be cut down edits, or something like that? Five discs of remixes, made solely for a special edition, seems like way too much work.

I'd expect either a couple of new mixes and otherwise standard songs, or cutdown versions of tracks so they can fit more on each disc.

This is what I think it is, except more than "a couple" per game.

Though, it's not like this will be made solely for a special edition. This is Persona's 20th anniversary year and they're making sure people know it by prefacing their media with that logo. There'll be other uses for the remixed songs.

ar4757

I'm activating my selective tune-out and immediate-amnesia protocols for anything related to Persona 5 starting now.

It's gonna be a long 8 months.

Though, it's not like this will be made solely for a special edition. This is Persona's 20th anniversary year and they're making sure people know it by prefacing their media with that logo. There'll be other uses for the remixed songs.

such as Persona 3: Dancing All Dark Hour and a Persona Anniversary Collection with P3FES+Portable and updated P1 and P2

sweet

_Ryo_

Regarding new P5 info

If Igor gave MC the "Isekai Navi” smart phone app, does that imply that all of P5s party members each visit the velvet room and each have their own prisons? How'd they get the app too?

Also, quote from article concerning gameplay.

Before the protagonist and friends are Phantom Thieves, they’re high school students who attend class and after-school activities, use free time for dates and part-time jobs, study, and play games. Players can fully enjoy a year as a high school student, including events for each season like swimming, culture festivals, and social studies field trips.

Is this the first time that Dating has been explicitly confirmed?

Lunar15

Kinda nervous about the new trailer they're going to show on the Nico Nico stream. Not sure how much more I really want to know about the game at this point.

Sophia

Going to embrace ALL THE NEW STUFFS~! \o/

Although given how much has been shown off I can understand people wanting to go into partial blackout.

ar4757

How'd they get the app too?

Why, by Near Field Communication (NFC) of course!

Xperia-M-video-overlay-332f28aa07eded0e7f7895654589769c-940.jpg

Going to embrace ALL THE NEW STUFFS~! o/

Although given how much has been shown off I can understand people wanting to go into partial blackout.

Knowing me, I'm just going to spoil myself in everything when the game comes out in Japan (then again I seem to be getting better at controlling myself with spoilers)

Lunar15

Monday though, that would be before even Sony's conference.

Seeming less likely that we'll be getting anything there.

Oh, I falsely assumed the issue would come out after E3. Yeah, most likely talking about the stuff we've learned from the last event and in-between.

Lunar15

All news/info on this game from here on out comes with a bitter aftertaste: Eight months away. Urgh.

Yeah, that's why I'm wondering if I should really tune in for more. I said I'd watch up to E3 and then go dark after that, but now that the wait is so long, I almost kind of want to push it out of my mind completely.

Jintor

lol you guys. ya'll got other shit to do in life right?

i'm pivoting back into job searching and moving house so i'm good. Pity about that dude going into the army tho :(

PK Gaming

The protagonist becomes wrongfully incriminated in a crime he didn't commit, and then decides to take it upon himself to rebel against the system. He teams up with similarly inclined, discontent young teens who also have an axe to grind with life and together they attempt to expose the truth and oppose corrupt individuals. Their actions cause them to attract the attention of the world, and they gain a ton of notoriety. The story is told in a non-linear style and community/cooperation will be major themes in this game.

I'm talking about the highly anticipated Watch Dogs 2

Darksol

The protagonist becomes wrongfully incriminated in a crime he didn't commit, and then decides to take it upon himself to rebel against the system. He teams up with similarly inclined, discontent young teens who also have an axe to grind with life and together they attempt to expose the truth and oppose corrupt individuals. Their actions cause them to attract the attention of the world, and they gain a ton of notoriety. The story is told in a non-linear style and community/cooperation will be major themes in this game.

I think I just puked a little in my mouth after seeing those two games compared on any level :0

Squire

Banned

You're joking, but this is 100% why I'm getting both.

Squire

Banned
Same here. I'm actually pretty excited for Watch Dogs 2, lol

LOL WAT

We must Line about this.

Clearly someone should write an article about why Watch Dogs 2 and Persona 5 are basically the same game.

Heh.

In all seriousness, I do think both games could be a springboard for a pretty good article on current political attitudes amongst youth in particular influencing games. The two really are vaguely (emphasis: vaguely) discussing the same thing. That's fascinating.

FluxWaveZ

Heh.

In all seriousness, I do think both games could be a springboard for a pretty good article on current political attitudes amongst youth in particular influencing games. The two really are vaguely (emphasis: vaguely) discussing the same thing. That's fascinating.

Hey, I was being 80% serious and 20% facetious there.

There's also the emphasis with modern technology, with one of the most important tools the protagonists have in WD2 and P5 being their smartphones. 'Course, that element is way more important in Watch Dogs.

Zolo

I think I'll try to avoid spoilery events, but I do figure I'll probably look up events on Youtube once the game gets a Japanese release and likely just get an English summary or translation of what's happening if it's available. 5 months is a long time to completely avoid material when I know it's out there.

daevious

Odds are that Atlus is going to put up another "please don't spoil the game past this point" message again, so anything before that cut off point is fair game on my end.

Regardless, I'm only going to spoil up till the end of the first dungeon so that I can get a good idea about how the game really works in motion.

Dantis

More than a couple? How many ae you expecting?

No way there's more than 10 total. I'd expect there to be about four new mixes.

Top Bottom