• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

MSMrRound

what app is that?

oh, just a service that's available here in Singapore. It's just starting to pick off but basically you can just download the app and if you happen to buy an item through it, you have the option of either having the game delivered to your doorstep, or you can opt to visit one of PLAYe's physical outlets to (flash the app) and collect your copy of the game fuss free.

There are some who use it because usually there's some promotions going on e.g sometimes on weekend they might randomly credit PLAYe app users with $10 or $20 in their online e-wallet to help to offset some of their purchases, which is pretty cool.

cj_iwakura

Odd memory! I accidentally got her killed while playing Eternal Punishment and recognized the scream. I checked Nocturne as well to make sure and it's indeed the same.

The dub or the JP one? I always suspected some dub work was done on Nocturne's demons, like 'Are you ready?' and 'DIE!'.

_Ryo_

I still find it really weird that Morgana's character portrait is so much different from her in game model outside of dungeons...

Sophia

EDIT: Nevermind, it's their footprints. Interesting.

I'm peeking around the staff interview for little detail. It's fun. >_>;

art-003.jpg
latest
latest

Evolution of Megaten talking cats

Villori

Neo Member
What a great time for NeoGaf to activate my account, just when I am trying to avoid as many P5 spoilers as possible, yay!

Hey PGaf, I'm Villori, been lurking since OT1 and stalking some of you on Twitter for a while now. I finally got my account activated after a looooooooooooong time waiting (it's been like what, 1+ year?).

Just wanted to say that I really like this community and feels good to finally be able to post something here. As I said I want avoid Persona stuff until P5 is released but it seems like it will be difficult now that I can post here. Big fan of the artist in here, specially Dantis and Arue <3

And well, guess that is it for now, see ya around!

What a great time for NeoGaf to activate my account, just when I am trying to avoid as many P5 spoilers as possible, yay!

Hey PGaf, I'm Villori, been lurking since OT1 and stalking some of you on Twitter for a while now. I finally got my account activated after a looooooooooooong time waiting (it's been like what, 1+ year?).

Just wanted to say that I really like this community and feels good to finally be able to post something here. As I said I want avoid Persona stuff until P5 is released but it seems like it will be difficult now that I can post here. Big fan of the artist in here, specially Dantis and Arue <3

And well, guess that is it for now, see ya around!

WELCOME!

You joined at possibly the worst time ever, but hopefully people will respect spoiler rules so that nothing gets ruined for you.

Questions I want people to ask Soejima at e3:
  1. why yusuke look like jun
  2. which came first: johanna's concept or persona 4 golden's bike motif
  3. which came first: the concept to have the cast wear literal masks or the concept for them to be thieves? as in: did y'all go "we want the characters to wear masks, how can we work that into the plot? what kind of person wears a mask? a thief wears a mask. let's make the characters thieves." or was it "we want the characters to be thieves, thieves wear masks, persona means mask, let's give them all masks"?

Questions I want people to ask Soejima at e3:
  1. why yusuke look like jun
  2. which came first: johanna's concept or persona 4 golden's bike motif
  3. which came first: the concept to have the cast wear literal masks or the concept for them to be thieves? as in: did y'all go "we want the characters to wear masks, how can we work that into the plot? what kind of person wears a mask? a thief wears a mask. let's make the characters thieves." or was it "we want the characters to be thieves, thieves wear masks, persona means mask, let's give them all masks"?

Isnt there concept art for P4 of them using masks instead of glasses?

FluxWaveZ

Isnt there concept art for P4 of them using masks instead of glasses?

Yeah, it's in the P4 art book. Still, that'd be a good question because it doesn't mean that's what they knew would be used for P5, and P5's summoning method is probably the most thematically relevant the series has seen outside of maybe evokers.

There's also the part where the characters are chained to their personas.

Guess Who

Banned
I'm hoping someone asks Soejima about how he said he's "involved in [P5] much more than just the character designs." I assume that quote was in reference to his contributions to the style of P5 in general, but to my knowledge he's still just labelled as the character designer rather than an art director, or something like that.

He's credited as art director in P3/P4/Catherine, so he will probably be credited that way in P5 as well.

They bill him as "character designer" in trailers and PR because that's his most obvious and notable role, I imagine.

_Ryo_

So do you guys think we'll get a P5 trailer at Sony's conference tomorrow, since Atlus's stage/panels wont be live streamed?

I could see maybe a 3 minute trailer appearing, with an Extended trailer at the P5 live stream on Tuesday.

Tamanon

Banned
So do you guys think we'll get a P5 trailer at Sony's conference tomorrow, since Atlus's stage/panels wont be live streamed?

I could see maybe a 3 minute trailer appearing, with an Extended trailer at the P5 live stream on Tuesday.

I think we'll get some English footage.

I think we'll get some English footage at some point, either during Sony's show or as a youtube upload, and if they have a demo, IGN or Gamespot or Youtube will showcase it on one of their streams.

Atlus Japan's stream will be PV5, and maybe some other stuff.

_Ryo_

I think we'll get some English footage.

At Sony's conference?

I didn't realize that there was a poll with the exact same question already posted. Ugh.

Anyway, I refuse to believe Sony is unaware of just how anticipated P5 is so yea, I'm sticking with my 3 minute English trailer guess.

ar4757

Yeah I definitely think it will be on their stage. It's funny seeing people predicting the schedule of Sony's stage and leaving it out, because at the very least it will be briefly mentioned (like 30 secs) but I anticipate more like 3 mins

Lunar15

Atlus stream is tuesday, right? If so, no reason at all to believe Persona would have a significant presence Sony conference.

Maybe at PSX, guys.

I don't think we'll see anything of the game in English at the Sony stage if the game is indeed shown there. No translated UI, no English voice actors, etc. Seeing as how they most likely only started localisation this year, I don't think they have anything completed to show. I'll gladly like to be proven wrong, though.

Atlus stream is tuesday, right? If so, no reason at all to believe Persona would have a significant presence Sony conference.

Maybe at PSX, guys.

Wednesday, but it's clearly targeted at the Japanese audience exclusively, so I have a feeling that it won't be related to whatever Atlus USA are doing.

Maybe at PSX, guys.

Atlus's stream is on 6/15 at 9 pm Tokyo time, Sony's presentation is tomorrow evening (10 am Tokyo time). Atlus USA has a special presentation following Soejima event on 6/14 at 4 pm (8 am 6/15 Tokyo time).

There's another Atlus USA special presentation following a Soejima event on 6/15 at 12:30, but that's at like at 4:30 am in Japan and it's unlikely they'd run a stream from 9:00 PM to 4:30 AM, even with their history of P5 troll streams.

daevious

Yeah? Well you didn't bet me, so I win. Would have been less confident about that after hearing they'd have another "incident" stream; though I guess I'm still a bit surprised that they're gonna be there.

At this point, if this all turns out to be nothing, I'm going to be pretty pissed. Thankfully, the odds of that don't seem likely at this point.

FluxWaveZ

Oh yeah, worth noting as I've been vocal about how Morgana's gender hasn't been defined in the past:

Part of the exclusive Stella Worth Persona 5 retailer set (a "girl's game shop" with a female target audience in Japan) is one of their staple items of a male character bromide set. In the P5 one, they describe it as such: a set featuring male characters from the game. It features: Joker, Ryuji, Yusuke and Morgana. The cat could be there just for mascot purposes, but they could have included Crow instead.

Lunar15

Oh yeah, worth noting as I've been vocal about how Morgana's gender hasn't been defined in the past:

Part of the exclusive Stella Worth Persona 5 retailer set (a "girl's game shop" with a female target audience in Japan) is one of their staple items of a male character bromide set. In the P5 one, they describe it as such: a set featuring male characters from the game. It features: Joker, Ryuji, Yusuke and Morgana. The cat could be there just for mascot purposes, but they could have included Crow instead.

Worth noting that Crow looks really androgynous in those red cutouts. Honestly looks like Naoto from a certain angle. That said, I doubt they'll pull that whole thing again, and I'm sure it's just that they don't want to show off crow yet.

Top Bottom