• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I'm actually kind of mad - they're showing it publicly but only to the people who are there.

This is such a massive missed marketing and community-building opportunity.... Why would Atlus cut their fanbase off like this?

It's so weird and annoying, IMO.

SEGA Europe will be streaming from the showfloor tomorrow. Seeing as they're the same company and all, I'm sure they'll be able to stream some of this footage.

I don't actually expect this to happen

Nachos

I'm really not hearing Cassandra Morris. The actress clearly slips more into her regular voice in the latter half of that clip, and it's deeper than Morris' normal range. I even looked up Lyn in Xenoblade, and while it's deeper and huskier than normal, it's still clearly her. Right now I'm getting the range of Laura Bailey but the sass of Julie Ann Taylor, but I don't think it's either.

Agree with Lunar, though; she sounds familiar, but I can't tell if it's because she herself is or if she has a similar range to someone else.

PK Gaming

I'm really not hearing Cassandra Morris. The actress clearly slips more into her regular voice in the latter half of that clip, and it's deeper than Morris' normal range. I even looked up Lyn in Xenoblade, and while it's deeper and huskier than normal, it's still clearly her. Right now I'm getting the range of Laura Bailey but the sass of Julie Ann Taylor, but I don't think it's either.

Agree with Lunar, though; she sounds familiar, but I can't tell if it's because she herself is or if she has a similar range to someone else.

It's okay, I used my signature ability God's Ear.

It's definitely her.

Makio

At some point she sound exactly like her character in Dancing All Night (without the country girl accent)

Pretty sure is her.

One actress i want for the game dub down ..... now give me C.Keranen , C.Vee , C.Marie Cabanos and K.Buckland for the others chicks

I had no idea NA P5 and special editions were available for preorder as of like a week ago. Thank Izanami I checked amazon on a whim and they're in stock still

QuadOpto

Haha ATLUS always subverts expectations.

We start to feel the doom and gloom of that Feb 2017 release, begin to think that they wouldn't have anything really new for NA, people figuring they haven't even started dubbing tye game yet, and the game barely gets a glimpse of the Sony conference...

But then, against all odds, we have a gameplay demo reel on the show floor.

...That they then don't bother to stream for anybody not at E3!

I swear they're gonna have to put the footage up somewhere either after today or after E3's over. It'd just be all kinds of insane if they don't.

PK Gaming

Listen to her vocal stresses on struggles and fiction. Might just be acoustics, but that's her voice slips up most, and it sounds deeper than Morris' to me.

Cass LM's voice can definitely reach that octave. She's also one of the goto AtlusUSA vas, so it's very likely that it's her.

Lunar15

We start to feel the doom and gloom of that Feb 2017 release, begin to think that they wouldn't have anything really new for NA, people figuring they haven't even started dubbing tye game yet, and the game barely gets a glimpse of the Sony conference...

But then, against all odds, we have a gameplay demo reel on the show floor.

I swear they're gonna have to put the footage up somewhere either after today or after E3's over. It'd just be all kinds of insane if they don't.

The gameplay demo is certainly not english footage. It's 100% japanese, there isn't even a subtitle for it.

People are talking about english VA because there's a seperate setup where Morgana is speaking with her english VA, but that's it.

But then, against all odds, we have a fully English gameplay demo reel on the show floor.

It's in Japanese, the only English part is Morgana's introduction to the footage.

Makio

People are talking about english VA because there's a seperate setup where Morgana is speaking with her english VA, but that's it.

But jesus at least that means they had some dub done or already started to dubbed, the chances to get a dubbed trailer this E3 goes up.

Unless they paid to the Morgana VA to record these lines and the dub starts later on with her and the rest of the cast.

It's in Japanese, the only English part is Morgana's introduction to the footage.

Thing is, they could easily be recording the stage and the accompanying english explanations by Hardin.

Here's hoping they upload "Persona 5 Stage Demo 1" soon, otherwise it's a massive, utterly foolish lost opportunity on their part.

If they're showing it on the west they can show it online, as simple as that.

Lunar15

& frankly I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if that's the only english VA they have to show!

Yes, it's best to expect this. We've got 8 months until the US version comes out.

Not having this footage yet is driving me up the wall. It all looks splendid and would wow most people looking for unique stuff out of this year's E3.

QuadOpto

Ahhh I caught my mistake a little bit too late. :p Thought it was in English then I took one glance at the Persona Central video and saw it wasn't. Sorry bout that.

Still can't wait to see clearer footage though. What if this is the stuff they're going to be showing for the japanese stream? I'm probably gonna continue to not watch until then.

I like how the new "negotiation" system looks more like the enemies trying to negotiate with you to spare them. Kind of like revenge for all the inane stuff they usually ask of you in like every other game.

convo

SEGA Europe will be streaming from the showfloor tomorrow. Seeing as they're the same company and all, I'm sure they'll be able to stream some of this footage.

I don't actually expect this to happen

If SEGA Europe manages to even acknowledge P5 for a micro-second during Gamescom i will be flabbergasted and in complete disbelief.

Dantis

New footage is cool.

I am once again surprised how much 2D Soejima art is in the game. There's so much of it. Feels like a lot more than P3 and P4, even.

Very pleased about negotiations. The new system seems fine, if pointless.

I'm glad that we were right about PV2's theme being the battle theme. Being right is fun.

Dungeon design actually does look pretty good. Collecting maps and stuff seems like it will make things interesting.

That one guy seriously looks like Junpei. I know it's not him, but man.

I don't know how I feel about Morgana being always with you, commenting on your actions. If the character is annoying, and she may well be, I think it'll get old fast.

Speaking of which, Morgana's English voice actor is not good. I'm hoping everyone else will be a bit less 'generic anime voice'.

The soundtrack is tremendous, pinch me.

Think I'm going to get a Japanese copy. Even though I wont understand it. I must play this game.

Dugna

I still don't get why this wasn't shown atleast alittle on the sony stage last night.....I thought the whole point of being a E3 was to show it off to the west alittle more...

I still don't get why this wasn't shown atleast alittle on the sony stage last night.....I thought the whole point of being a E3 was to show it off to the west alittle more...

Probably for the same nonsense reason we don't have a stream of the stage demos.

So stupid.

Hello PersonaGAF! I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time now, ever since I finished Persona 4 Golden last year. I've enjoyed reading along with everyone on their thoughts about Persona and joining the incredible hype train that is Persona 5... which brings me here today.

I was watching Sony's YouTube stream just a few minutes ago, and I started to hear something extremely familiar: The Persona 5 PV 04 trailer!

If you go watch the stream and head back around 15 minutes, it should start showing up after the Kingdom Hearts II.8 trailer. Just be aware they only showed about 1/2 the translated trailer until they cut away to the show floor.

Here's the link (and I hope it's not against the rules here): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRmwbw1-7k

My favorite part of Persona threads are all the marketing experts.

I'm in a marketing program, so I hope I'd know how to identify a lost, minimal-cost opportunity.

If people can periscope from the event, I'm sure someone from Atlus could put up a higher quality official stream. It'd look better than all these low-quality recordings and pictures too.

Soejima Character design talk should be starting now

Ck8Yv4vUUAAcy3N.jpg

Top Bottom