• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Setsu00

Maybe it's just familiarity with fan subbed version, but there were a few points of that which bugged me. "Beauty Thief" being the main one.

"Beauty Thief" is stupid since it implies that she's stealing someone's beauty, but "Beautiful Phantom Thief" sounds so heavyhanded in English that I think I can forgive that. Personally, I would prefer "Pretty Thief", but yeah.

Nachos

"Beauty Thief" is stupid since it implies that she's stealing someone's beauty, but "Beautiful Phantom Thief" sounds so heavyhanded in English that I think I can forgive that. Personally, I would prefer "Pretty Thief", but yeah.

I always assumed they would've gone with something like "Glamorous Thief."

Squire

Banned
I counted like 7 or 8 different visited areas. But about 4 or 5 of them looked like they would take up 'time' if they were in P3/4.

Obviously stuff like visiting shops or the school stuff wouldn't, but he seemed to work multiple jobs, hand out with ryuji, go to the movies, go into a dungeon, do 2 different night activities all in what was implied to be 1 day.

If you have to choose how to spend your time 5 or 6 times a day instead of 2 times a day like in P3/4 then that's crazy
exciting

It might not be all that stuff in just one day, could just be a trailer "this is all the things you could do" thing.

It was unclear - it showed all the possible things you can do in a day, but not the max number of things you can fit into a single day.

If it's like Persona 4 Golden, then you have Morning, School, After School, Dungeon, Night, repeat.

There are likely to be changes though.

On another note though - I'm taken aback by the lack of reaction to Takemi Tae's reveal. We saw her silhouette in PV#1 and never got to see her face until now.

Gotcha.

I bet most people still haven't seen Tae yet. Fan artists pegged her face pretty well though. Seems like she might have a bit of a goth thing going on. I dig it.

Hanging out with Ryuji seemed much more involved than in previous games. You even had to manually follow him along.

I liked that a lot.

Edit: I'd just go with Beautiful Thief.

muteki

Having more blocks of time to work with that are more flexible to work around would be a major improvement to me over 3/4. Early on it was frustrating not knowing how much time different activities took, and what you would/wouldn't be allowed to do before and after.

barybll

Banned
Say, was it confirmed somewhere that Persona 5 would have multiple endings in some fashion? I could have swore I read/heard about that somewhere.

They did say something about your decisions shaping the ending/story or something like that.
It will probably be akin to the bad/good endings of P3/P4.
But that is just skeptical me talking.

Also hi, persona community, I will be joining for the rest of the ride to february.

Makio

All it seems all we going to have from Atlus USA is that sub PV04 oh well at least i know who is going to voice one of the characters and the one i dont have a VA candidate before this (Morgana)
Hoping for tomorrow news for the jap stream then and that 9 minutes of gameplay had me happy for now

Makio

All it seems right now all are we going to have from Atlus USA is that sub PV04 oh well at least i know who is going to voice one of the characters and the one i dont have a VA candidate before this (Morgana)
Hoping for tomorrow news for the jap stream then and that 9 minutes of gameplay had me happy for now

I'm so glad they redesigned P5MC
vYtxY5e.jpg

I wonder what prompted the change, though.

PK Gaming

Sadly, it seems like Arsene is an ordinary starter Persona

It's got a small skillset, 2 weaknesses and sole 1 resistance (an inverse from Narukami)

I think skills can be obtained after a fight so i'll do my best to preserve him

I'm so glad they redesigned P5MC

I wonder what prompted the change, though.

84x

Sadly, it seems like Arsene is an ordinary starter Persona

It's got a small skillset, 2 weaknesses and sole 1 resistance (an inverse from Narukami)

I think skills can be obtained after a fight so i'll do my best to preserve him

I'm sure there will be an endgame or NG+ Arsene + Persona, ala Orpheus Telos or Izanagi-no-Okami.

Are there any more info for the "Community" (or whatever they called the SLink now) part?
Personally I enjoyed the SLink part the most from previous games; would be nice to have some info on them...

Also hi guys, looks like I'll be lurking here casually, at least until Feb :))

PK Gaming

Well that depends on whether your level transfers over into NG+ this time, doesn't it?

No, what I was trying to get at is that the protagonist's ultimate Persona should be obtainable at a lower level. Also levels transferring over to NG+ is the dumbest thing. Completely kills any desire to replay the game.

No, what I was trying to get at is that the protagonist's ultimate Persona should be obtainable at a lower level. Also levels transferring over to NG+ is the dumbest thing. Completely kills any desire to replay the game.

You make a very good point. Assuming you start from lvl 1 in NG+, I don't think it would be appropriate (or, dare I say, thematic) to have Arsene+ start off at even lvl 10.

asagami_

Banned

Now that many P2's game mechanics are back, I wonder if this game is going to revisiting the concept of Prime Persona. It would be a nice way of preserve the initial Personas before get the Ultimate ones.

Or at least just for the MC, he.

And OMG the negotiations are really back. I hope this imply an improved AI for the demons.

Oh man, Ben Moore on the Easy Allies Twitch stream HEAVILY hinting at P5 playable behind closed doors at E3...

If so, is it localised in some form?

Lusankya

So regarding Social Links; we know they are still in there. At least we know we can still meet other characters and deepen our "bond" with them. So I wonder what will change?
If they're named differently then maybe the gameplay elements will be changed. E.g. in P3 and P4 the reward of leveling up your S. Links was the bonus experience after fusing Personas of the respective arcana.

In P5 maybe we don't get this bonus exp but instead there will be something else which affects the gameplay.

MSMrRound

Do we know of any re-streams?

Not atm for me. Waiting to see if the persona5.jp/e3 page gonna have one. I'm keeping an eye out on Vox and Mystic's Twitter page while Reggy (aka FluxWaveZ) of PersonaCentral gonna do a live blog of the stream.

Edit: oh yea. Seems like Pepsi's hosting PanHime's stream right now.

barybll

Banned
Oh man, Ben Moore on the Easy Allies Twitch stream HEAVILY hinting at P5 playable behind closed doors at E3...

If so, is it localised in some form?

I don't think its the case, he might just have a interview with Hardin planned or something along those lines judging his tweets

Top Bottom