• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Lunar15

My favorite part of Persona threads are all the marketing experts.

Not sure it takes an expert to realize that no streams of any of this directed towards a US audience is pretty lame.

That said, I'll have you know I do work in games marketing! I'm no expert though, lol.

Takemi Tae finally shows her face!

Ck8aCcfWkAAD03j.jpg

Ok, so Baton Touch becomes the R2 command if you activated 1 More! So in effect it's like passing on a Smirk.

Ahaha at the logo popping up and everyone applauding and the guy being like "Wait, we're not done, there's like two more minutes of footage left"

Edit: I wonder if this trailer was given to Atlus USA before the 5/5 event, because there's a conspicuous absence of all the new characters from that

jzbluz

Ok, so Baton Touch becomes the R2 command if you activated 1 More! So in effect it's like passing on a Smirk.

Ahaha at the logo popping up and everyone applauding and the guy being like "Wait, we're not done, there's like two more minutes of footage left"

Edit: I wonder if this trailer was given to Atlus USA before the 5/5 event, because there's a conspicuous absence of all the new characters from that

Maybe we will get a new trailer with the new characters tomorrow?

Guess Who

Banned

It seems to be pretty early in the game, which is probably why the new characters aren't in it (you haven't met them yet).

Lunar15

I like how the battle arena reflects the room you're in at the time.

Also, it's nice to see that the super cool battle results screen is still in the game. Not sure what triggers it as opposed to the other one.

Gecoma

If that gameplay 'trailer' is actually suggesting that you can take that many actions every single day... then this is gonna be a really fucking long game.

Guess Who

Banned
I like how the battle arena reflects the room you're in at the time.

Also, it's nice to see that the super cool battle results screen is still in the game. Not sure what triggers it as opposed to the other one.

The 2D one is triggered if you end a battle on an All-Out Attack, and the MC-running one happens otherwise, I think.

FluxWaveZ

I was watching Sony's YouTube stream just a few minutes ago, and I started to hear something extremely familiar: The Persona 5 PV 04 trailer!

If you go watch the stream and head back around 15 minutes, it should start showing up after the Kingdom Hearts II.8 trailer. Just be aware they only showed about 1/2 the translated trailer until they cut away to the show floor.

Here's the link (and I hope it's not against the rules here): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRmwbw1-7k

Nice catch. Funny that this is the one that had to be cut off.

How many actions? I missed that.

It was unclear - it showed all the possible things you can do in a day, but not the max number of things you can fit into a single day.

If it's like Persona 4 Golden, then you have Morning, School, After School, Dungeon, Night, repeat.

There are likely to be changes though.

On another note though - I'm taken aback by the lack of reaction to Takemi Tae's reveal. We saw her silhouette in PV#1 and never got to see her face until now.

Gecoma

How many actions? I missed that.

I counted like 7 or 8 different visited areas. But about 4 or 5 of them looked like they would take up 'time' if they were in P3/4.

Obviously stuff like visiting shops or the school stuff wouldn't, but he seemed to work multiple jobs, hand out with ryuji, go to the movies, go into a dungeon, do 2 different night activities all in what was implied to be 1 day.

If you have to choose how to spend your time 5 or 6 times a day instead of 2 times a day like in P3/4 then that's crazy
exciting

It might not be all that stuff in just one day, could just be a trailer "this is all the things you could do" thing.

Setsu00

I counted like 7 or 8 different visited areas. But about 4 or 5 of them looked like they would take up 'time' if they were in P3/4.

Obviously stuff like visiting shops or the school stuff wouldn't, but he seemed to work multiple jobs, hand out with ryuji, go to the movies, go into a dungeon, do 2 different night activities all in what was implied to be 1 day.

If you have to choose how to spend your time 5 or 6 times a day instead of 2 times a day like in P3/4 then that's crazy
exciting

It might not be all that stuff in just one day, could just be a trailer "this is all the things you could do" thing.

Hanging out with Ryuji seemed much more involved than in previous games. You even had to manually follow him along.

Gecoma

Hanging out with Ryuji seemed much more involved than in previous games. You even had to manually follow him along.

So much so that like makes me think it's a story cutscene event similar to when Junpei took you to the police station in Persona 3. I mean it even cut to the weapon shop after following Ryuji in the footage.

Strimei

I'm still a little nervous on the negotiations thing, but it looks to be better than what I experienced in the past, so I have hope.

Otherwise, man this has me stoked.

If that gameplay 'trailer' is actually suggesting that you can take that many actions every single day... then this is gonna be a really fucking long game.

I had this same thought. I'm sure they were showing more things than could actually be done in an in-game day unless this game only takes place over a few months rather than a year like P3 or P4.

Also nice to see people were right about the PV02 theme being the battle theme, but it sounds even better than I would have imagined with the vocals.

At this point I'm most excited to hear a clean version of the soundtrack.

Guess Who

Banned
Also nice to see people were right about the PV02 theme being the battle theme, but it sounds even better than I would have imagined with the vocals.

At this point I'm most excited to hear a clean version of the soundtrack.

On that note, did they pitch it slightly down from the PV#02 version or am I imagining it? It's hard to make it out very well in GameSpot's off-screen footage.

convo

I'm still a little nervous on the negotiations thing, but it looks to be better than what I experienced in the past, so I have hope.

Otherwise, man this has me stoked.

From what other people said this is more of a one-sided hustle to gain strength, money or recruiting them.

Guess Who

Banned
Watching the longer footage there's definitely some level of "negotiation" rather than a straight-forward "gimme your cash", you can tell there's a little conversation happening and the enemy reacts to the player's choices.

Would love if someone translated that bit.

Watching the longer footage there's definitely some level of "negotiation" rather than a straight-forward "gimme your cash", you can tell there's a little conversation happening and the enemy reacts to the player's choices.

Would love if someone translated that bit.

I think I saw where someone did; IIRC, it wasn't really negotiation in the sense that there weren't any bad choices. Seemed like it might be a replacement for shuffle time? Picking like "Fight for me!" or "Give me money!"

Tar and feather me if I misread though :V

Strimei

From what other people said this is more of a one-sided hustle to gain strength, money or recruiting them.

I saw that, and it has assuaged my fears for the most part. I just have a tiny needling worry, but I'm a worrywart, so that's par for the course, heh. It does look better overall. I just remember playing one SMT game a long time back when I first got into Persona, and was still new to the whole shebang, and being utterly confused. That Pokemon parody comic does a good job representing my own experiences.

My fears aside, I do rather like the look of the demon/shadow (saw that apparently they may be shadows after all?) accepting to join you. It looked pretty neat. This game just oozes style.

edit: Persona 5 about to come up on the Playstation Livecast stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRmwbw1-7k

Guess Who

Banned
I think I saw where someone did; IIRC, it wasn't really negotiation in the sense that there weren't any bad choices. Seemed like it might be a replacement for shuffle time? Picking like "Fight for me!" or "Give me money!"

Tar and feather me if I misread though :V

That's what that Famitsu screenshot had, but there's clearly a bit more to it in the gameplay footage they showed at E3. Check this bit:

https://youtu.be/oqcl-GRkVVU?t=298

There's a conversation between the protag and the Persona/Shadow/demon/whatever and the enemy seems to have positive/negative reactions like SMT negotiation.

PK Gaming

See, this is what I was talking about

That period of time where we got 0 news was the worst. Spreading out info before release is so much better than getting it all a month before release.

This hype will keep me going for at least a month. Maybe even 2.

Gecoma

God now I remember why I don't watch press stuff like this. Seemingly two people talking about something that they have incomplete knowledge about.

Also some pretty clear hints that Atlus USA doesn't have a lot of access to the game yet.

Panda Rin

See, this is what I was talking about

That period of time where we got 0 news was the worst. Spreading out info before release is so much better than getting it all a month before release.

This hype will keep me going for at least a month. Maybe even 2.

I usually ask myself how I'm going to wait this long for P5, that feeling lasts for a few days, then I find myself being too busy with life and other games and forget about it until closer to release.

....Right now, I'm asking myself how I'm going to survive for another 8 months.

Am I crazy, or should that either be "if we get involved, we'll get erased" or "if we got involved, we'd get erased" instead?

Maybe it's just familiarity with fan subbed version, but there were a few points of that which bugged me. "Beauty Thief" being the main one.

Top Bottom