• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The wait will be long

Isn't too bad ~3 more months. I take more issue if they'll do monthly events they're going to stretch the material in each really badly. Loses impact for me.
I would have preferred this to be the last blowout on information to me it doesn't really feel like them being at e3 and this stream coinciding with those days was necessary at all.

_Ryo_

Has it been said how many SLinks there will be? My phone is too slow and the official Person 5 Cooperation page wont load....

It also seems that all the SLinks are fully voiced. That's awesome.

Also, do we know how many ranks/levels are in an SLink? It would be cool if it varies. But so far haven't really seen anything that distinguishesdistinguishes it much from social links from Persona 3/4?

Setsu00

Welcome to a new episode of "Conspiracy Theories with Setsu"!

So, our newest party member is called Goro Akechi and looks like this:

P5-Stream-00188-1024x574.jpg

I shall now remind you all of Ultimax and its epilogue, specifically this character:

According to the artbook, his name is Goro. It would be interesting to see if they use the same kanji, but I don't have any footage at hand right now. Anyway, have a nice day!

Edit: Ultimax!Goro's name is written in katakana, like a nickname. Might be intentionally ambigious.

Theodoricos

Has it been said how many SLinks there will be? My phone is too slow and the official Person 5 Cooperation page wont load....

There are 22 cards on the Cooperation page, equal to the amount of Major Arcana, so that'd be my guess.

Though some of them could be mandatory, like the Fool Arcana, which is once again probably going to be the protagonist or the Phantom Thieves as whole.

_Ryo_

There are 22 cards on the Cooperation page, equal to the amount of Major Arcana, so that'd be my guess.

Though some of them could be mandatory, like the Fool Arcana, which is once again probably going to be the protagonist or the Phantom Thieves as whole.

Yea, I was wondering how many there were excluding the mandatory ones. But you're right. Unless they introduce a double wild card. Lol.

artsi

I shall now remind you all of Ultimax and its epilogue, specifically this character:

According to the artbook, his name is Goro. It would be interesting to see if they use the same kanji, but I don't have any footage at hand right now. Anyway, have a nice day!

Edit: Ultimax!Goro's name is written in katakana, like a nickname. Might be intentionally ambigious.

Nahhh, that's as silly as some random drunk NPC in a bar being the MC of their next big game.

I'm sure they're the same :p

PK Gaming

tumblr_mw4jgqEJ9h1qikmd9o1_500.gif

I know you're not really serious, but why are people obsessed with trying to tie Ultimax stuff with the core series, LOL

Nachos

Something bugged me about Crow's name, so I decided to look it up and welp:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kogoro_Akechi

Hashino's love for The Fiend With Twenty Faces is known, but this is just a little too blatant. Considering that Phantom's Persona is literally Arsene Lupin, complete with red jacket, you can't say there isn't precedence for it though.

EDIT:

This is great, genuinely great.

Akechi Holmes Kousuke is also one of the better one-off characters in the new Lupin III series.

Nachos

Purple skill type's apparently telekinesis. Haru gets shown using Masaidyne (Ma'psydyne?).

Also, maybe you can change the active party at any time?

PK Gaming

Oh yeah

Did anyone notice that they brought back damage dealing Mudo skills? In the 8 minute demo, when MC summons Arsene, he uses a mudo skill that deals flat damage.

Oh yeah

Did anyone notice that they brought back damage dealing Mudo skills? In the 8 minute demo, when MC summons Arsene, he uses a mudo skill that deals flat damage.

It's Eiha, which was a spell set from P1. Which, I certainly welcome Dark/Light damage skills that aren't instakill, you know? I figure that the light equivalent will also make an appearance too.

Lilim's design has been updated to the one seen in Strange Journey. I hope they change some others too.

Great, now we're finally catching up to artwork Kaneko drew in, like, 2003 :D

Trigger

I'm really happy to see elements expanded. I'm hoping that makes each party member more unique when it comes to skills. Only other thing I could ask for is useful status elements.

I'm really happy to see elements expanded. I'm hoping that makes each party member more unique when it comes to skills. Only other thing I could ask for is useful status elements.

Apparently if an enemy is inflicted with certain statuses, elements become more powerful. Like, if an enemy is Confused, telekinetic/Psy spells will deal more damage (maybe even triggering a Weakness/1 More?), so if nothing else they can be used to buff up your damage output.

Makio

No English trailer? are you serious?

At this point i thinking the most english releated we going to get is those subs of PV04 and the Morgana event lines.

Like people say there is 8 months left.
I think they already had their cast chosen (Cassandra / Morgana being the main example).

But i think is early for them to start a dub yet , they dont show anything ready yet from the localize version.

Pretty sure they are working their asses in the game , and the dub dont take long to start (if they dont started already)

But maybe around October - November we going to have our english dub fix.

there again they can put off one trailer when E3 ends but im keeping my expections too low.

BTW love it the social links / cooperation are going to be full voiced now.
ooh I missed that. Thats awesome. Since I'm just catching up, did they say if there are any other changes that helped prompt the name change to cooperation.

Wonder if the western name will still be social link

Trigger

Apparently if an enemy is inflicted with certain statuses, elements become more powerful. Like, if an enemy is Confused, telekinetic/Psy spells will deal more damage (maybe even triggering a Weakness/1 More?), so if nothing else they can be used to buff up your damage output.

That actually sounds pretty sweet!

Lunar15

PSX is in december, right? It's a strong possibility that we'll see english footage there, given that would only be 2 months out, but I'm not going to bet on it or anything.

Lunar15

God, the character finishers after All Out Attacks are amazing.

Makoto -
JUSTICE HAS PREVAILED

Yusuke -
It was fun while it lasted. Goodbye.

Top Bottom