• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

.JayZii

Banned
Does anybody know what this dark spell that Arsene has might be?
5H26ip9.png

I'm not super familiar with the Japanese SMT spell names, but "eiha" seems new.

Strimei

Does anyone have a plan to avoid spoilers for 5 months?
...please share...im gonna need one

Pretty much cross my fingers and try to avoid places I know will have spoilers.

My chief problem is I follow a number of Japanese artists and I just know some will post fanart and screenshots at some point. They did for Dark Souls 3.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Rewatching the Day to Night footage, I think I can understand why SLinks are called cooperation now. Well, if that running bit with Ryuji is related to Slinks, that is. It seems thst you take an active role in bonding, and you might even have SLink specific missions.

And similarly the jobs system has gotten an overhaul as well. As evidenced by the flora shop segment. You actually have to participate in selling the flora to NPCs, it seems. Kinda reminds me of Shenmue's job system.

Also there is a job at a konbini (convenience store) named 777. I am unsure how to pronounce it though. Is it Seven Hundred and Seventy Seven? Seven Seven Seven? Just "Seven"? Triple Seven? Nana Nana Nana? Nana hyaku nana juu nana? 

Yep. I am thinking waaaay to hard about it.

It says Triple Seven on the outside of the store.

Does anyone have a plan to avoid spoilers for 5 months?
...please share...im gonna need one

I'm importing in September so I won't have to worry about it as much. I think it might be pretty tight here in terms of spoilers after the game release in Japan but someone is bound to slip up. It goes without saying to avoid places where you'd obviously find spoilers: forums and such, gamefaqs has those ads for gamespot articles where I've seen what could be spoilers on more than one occasion. Related subs and discussions on reddit is a no no, it's not unheard of being PM'd spoilers so I'd just unsub from related subs (if you are). Youtube will be a crapshoot because of video titles and thumbnails, and if you've looked at something related to P5 you'll most likely get suggestions and related videos when it gets uploaded. I didn't think of twitter, but aren't there filters you can apply to filer out specific content?

Black Storm

Neo Member
I have never played any Persona game , but I want to be prepared for Persona 5 , I know that the story not connected with the other Persona games , but I really want to get into Persona world ..

I want to start with Persona 4 , I don't have Vita , so I have to play it on PS3 , but I want to know if the PS2 version worth it or not ? because I want to have a great experience in my first ever Persona game , I need some advices please

Thanks

I have never played any Persona game , but I want to be prepared for Persona 5 , I know that the story not connected with the other Persona games , but I really want to get into Persona world ..

I want to start with Persona 4 , I don't have Vita , so I have to play it on PS3 , but I want to know if the PS2 version worth it or not ? because I want to have a great experience in my first ever Persona game , I need some advices please

Thanks

Original P4 is still a great game in its own right. I've never played P4G, but I've still been through P4 four times.

barybll

Banned

I want to start with Persona 4 , I don't have Vita , so I have to play it on PS3 , but I want to know if the PS2 version worth it or not ? because I want to have a great experience in the my first ever Persona game , I need some advices please

Thanks

As much as I would like to recommend you persona 3:FES because I believe that going P4-> P3 is a much harder transition im gonna help you out.

The Vita version adds more socialization a new character and a new ending route (which is a technically bad route anyway).

The core game is not changed much so if all you want is to get the feel of the franchise you are not losing much by going ps2

EDIT: My suggestion would be to play the ps2 version and watch the golden anime if you really want to know what you missed out(to some extent)

Black Storm

Neo Member
Original P4 is still a great game in its own right. I've never played P4G, but I've still been through P4 four times.

As much as I would like to recommend you persona 3:FES because I believe that going P4-> P3 is a much harder transition im gonna help you out.

The Vita version adds more socialization a new character and a new ending route (which is a technically bad route anyway).

The core game is not changed much so if all you want is to get the feel of the franchise you are not losing much by going ps2

EDIT: My suggestion would be to play the ps2 version and watch the golden anime if you really want to know what you missed out(to some extent)
Thanks guys ,

now I am going to buy this game from PSN ( it's only for 9.99$ ! great deal !! ) so excited to get into this world !!

The (what I'm assuming is) finished version of the battle theme is sooooo much better than what was in PV02. That PV02 piece was the only piece of music from P5 I've heard where I went "hmm, I'm not sure this really works," but this new version from the E3 footage is on point.

Meguro da god.

Lunar15

The (what I'm assuming is) finished version of the battle theme is sooooo much better than what was in PV02. That PV02 piece was the only piece of music from P5 I've heard where I went "hmm, I'm not sure this really works," but this new version from the E3 footage is on point.

Meguro da god.

Yes, definitely improved instrumentation, and the vocals are on point.

The relaxing music at the end is also really great.

Lusankya

Yes, definitely improved instrumentation, and the vocals are on point.

The relaxing music at the end is also really great.

Did we get a version where we could hear the battle music more clearly? The version from the Atlus stream has the hosts talking all over it.

danthefan

I'm playing through P4G at the moment, just got the save warning at the end of November.

What was important to get done by this point? Hope I haven't missed anything good.

Setsu00

Caroline and Justine's banter is surprisingly entertaining, actually. I like that Caroline is initially disappointed by Goro's appearance since she wanted a muscular guy. I also got to confirm what I wanted to confirm: Justine pointed out that people will look at Goro and call him the Detective Prince's second coming.

Setsu00

Famitsu article said something about that too.

Anything interesting in the tv show segment with Goro?

He seems to be working with Sae Niijima, and it looks like they are quite close. Goro uses Sae's first name, so I would assume that they are friends. Other than that, Goro was mostly praising the skills of the phantom thieves and was annoyed that they hijacked his show.

Kind of surprised it only goes up to Hard considering Q, P4G and P3P.

Although there's space on the menu for another one, maybe that gets unlocked for NG+

There's a decent chance they're hiding a "Maniax" difficulty behind a hard playthrough, although Atlus isn't really the type to do that.

SMT IV hid hard, and P4G hid difficulty customisation.

They could also add another difficulty as post launch DLC as they did with Apocalypse.

FluxWaveZ

Looking at the new AoA shots, there was definitely a change in vision there at some point. It's easy to tell when you compare the two:
They changed from being over-the-top/cartoonish to being less exaggerated and more grounded. I personally had no issue with the energy of the former, but I guess this is what they thought would be best. It kind of makes Ryuji's and Morgana's look out of place now, though.

PK Gaming

I wish I was!
Seriously tho, I hope I don't get suggested anything spoilery

no listen, I was imitating...

ah nevermind

Caroline and Justine's banter is surprisingly entertaining, actually. I like that Caroline is initially disappointed by Goro's appearance since she wanted a muscular guy. I also got to confirm what I wanted to confirm: Justine pointed out that people will look at Goro and call him the Detective Prince's second coming.

loHmC8Y.png

God forbid.

Looking at the new AoA shots, there was definitely a change in vision there at some point. It's easy to tell when you compare the two:

They changed from being over-the-top/cartoonish to being less exaggerated and more grounded. I personally had no issue with the energy of the former, but I guess this is what they thought would be best. It kind of makes Ryuji's and Morgana's look out of place now, though.

I don't really see it as changing them to be more grounded, so much as it's designing the portraits to deliberately convey each character's personality/phantom thief shtick - MC looks smooth and cocky, Haru has a soft smile, Makoto looks very intense, etc.

As a result, those ones can come of as more grounded, but I don't think it was done specifically as a toning down from the very wild portraits we first saw - I mean, those portraits for Anne, Ryuji, and Morgana are still there.

I'm playing through P4G at the moment, just got the save warning at the end of November.

What was important to get done by this point? Hope I haven't missed anything good.

You haven't missed anything. You're about to make some important decisions. Just keep that save around to go back to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9GCD003_mI

Finally an official upload of the footage.

Stalker Club version though, so there's still talking over the combat.

Have we heard the music that comes on at 20:15? I hadn't heard that one yet. It's fantastic! Seems like it might be the "home" theme of this game like Iwotodai Dorm or Signs of Love. I love the new vocalist.

I mean, there's the Mom Daycare S.Link form P4. Pretty sure there's nothing about her being attracted to you. Just you talking with her about her relationship with her stepkid. and the town.

EDIT: Also the fox maybe.
Oh yeah, that was pretty cool. She was already married though so I wasn't afraid that she would be dateable. I would like more of those! Also the Death one in P4. I'm not saying the dating stuff is bad or anything, I mean it is a school/life sim, but I did want more of these S.Links in Persona. Which seems to be the direction 5 is going in. I also think this will free up the writers to make better romantic S.Links.

Geez Feb. 2017 seems so far away...

I'm sort of surprised by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a lot of Engrish in Persona 5. Even the AOA finisher moves seem to have proper English grammar.

Also, the difficulty won't impact the story and you won't be able to change it just like in the previous games.

I hope they have dialed the difficulty up from P4.

Sophia

Even in the officially uploaded version, it's basically impossible to hear the battle theme because the Stalker folks are so much louder than the in-game sound.

I bet they're doing that on purpose. >_>;

Lunar15

Even in the officially uploaded version, it's basically impossible to hear the battle theme because the Stalker folks are so much louder than the in-game sound.

I bet they're doing that on purpose. >_>;

Yeah, it sucks because I really want to listen to the song that plays at night. It's an incredibly beautiful song, but it's so soft that you can't really hear it that well against the commentators.

I like the idea of everything being fast paced and stylish during the day and dungeons, but coming home to an extremely mellow and relaxing tune with a simple melody.

EDIT:

This is an interesting screen:

Could it be that the game simply starts from the get go and you select difficulty during a cutscene? The background is clearly:
The protagonist on the floor of the police station as a cop looks down at him

Top Bottom