• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

Here's our newest comic, featuring the Phantom Thieves:

Cll1GzdWgAEbyLj.jpg

Cll1H2BWIAAVXGM.jpg

MSMrRound

...and maybe there would be a different story if playable was available :3

Surprised Ben Moore of Easy Allies didn't get to wring one out of you guys. He waa so psyched about his E3 appointment with AtlusUSA on stream. "No..I'll FORCE Atlus to let me play the demo..".

You tried, Ben. You tried.

Soooon.

Kudos to anyone who reaches that part of the game without having it spoiled. I had the killer's identity spoiled for me in that five month gap in-between Japanese and North American release dates back in 2008...

...Reeeeeally hoping nothing major gets spoiled for me with P5 in the waiting period.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Kudos to anyone who reaches that part of the game without having it spoiled. I had the killer's identity spoiled for me in that five month gap in-between Japanese and North American release dates back in 2008...

...Reeeeeally hoping nothing major gets spoiled for me with P5 in the waiting period.

I already have my game plan in mind to avoid spoilers. Firstly, near the release date, clear my browsing history. That way, in case someone decides to put spoilers in the titles of Youtube videos, it won't show up in my recommended feed. With that said, don't watch any Persona 5 videos so the recommendations don't show up. In fact, I'm not watching anything Atlus related for five months.

And of course avoid threads like these and unsubscribe to them near the JP release date. Also, this is something I've learned recently, don't look at any Twitter comments relating to Persona. Ever. There was a plot point spoiled for me from Star Wars: The Force Awakens just by looking at twits (or whatever you call them.) Hell, I'll go further than that and not read any twitter comments on any Atlus related media.

...I don't have this written down in paper or anything to remind me.

artsi

Spoilers are a bitch. I had the MGSV big twist spoiled by someone in the OT.

My rule these days is, never read the latest posts in those threads, as someone will fuck up with spoiler tags at some point anyway and I get to read them before they fix it.

barybll

Banned
Spoilers are a bitch. I had the MGSV big twist spoiled by someone in the OT.

My rule these days is, never read the latest posts in those threads, as someone will fuck up with spoiler tags at some point anyway and I get to read them before they fix it.

This is easily preventable if we agree with no discussion about persona 5 ingame or plot related things in this thread, there will be a import ot for that anyway

DNAbro

The only twists that I can currently see coming are

"X party member betrays you."
"what you are doing is actually bad"
"Morganna was using you for something bad"
"ah ha it was actually the god of stealing shit behind everything"

Tamanon

Banned
This is easily preventable if we agree with no discussion about persona 5 ingame or plot related things in this thread, there will be a import ot for that anyway

That's already the rule, or at least proper spoiler tagging. Right now, it's just public released information.

Even with the current rules in place someone will misstep and post something they shouldn't or make an attempt at being vague. It's almost inevitable.

artsi

Yeah, but regarding OT's someone will always do a

The Persona 5 final boss is Teddy WTF[/SPOILER

so I've just decided to not be on the bleeding edge of every thread.where I care about spoilers.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Y'know what's worse than people putting spoilers in the title? People who ALLURE to certain spoiler plot points. Like when someone alludes to a major character dying but doesn't say who or what, but allures to events that lead to that plot point that anyone with a brain can figure out what they mean and can figure out who that major character is that dies.

barybll

Banned
the MGSV "big twist" is spoiled by playing the first half hour of MGSV and having a functioning brain

Y'know what's worse than people putting spoilers in the title? People who ALLURE to certain spoiler plot points. Like when someone alludes to a major character dying but doesn't say who or what, but allures to events that lead to that plot point that anyone with a brain can figure out what they mean and can figure out who that major character is that dies.

You mean like people do with p3?

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Haven't seen how people allure to that plot point in P3, haven't been on this forum before.

Hey, I hope you enjoy your time with Aerith in your party

Lol, something like this, although more in the sense that it's not common knowledge.

_Ryo_

Haru looking pretty fun.

マハサイダイン
mahasaidain.
maha. sai. dain
maha.psy.dyne
mahapsydyne.

so wouldnt this be a skill that causes high psychic damage to all enemies?

also can anyone recall the name of that shadow/demon or is it a new one?
looks fucking awesome.

edit: btw what's everyones plan here regarding the Persona 5 day breakers anime? wait for the NA version to watch it or watch it before the game launches in Japan?

also can anyone recall the name of that shadow/demon or is it a new one?
looks fucking awesome.

edit: btw what's everyones plan here regarding the Persona 5 day breakers anime? wait for the NA version to watch it or watch it before the game launches in Japan?

If you're talking about the big multi-colour swirl, I think that's the spell effect. It's obscuring the demon.

As for your other question, I'm going to wait until there's any word on a NA version the P5 anime. As far as I know, there's no localization news for that.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
So, some new information on dungeons was made available in Dengenki. Edit: Gonna try and use quotes for this lol:

“Safe Room” that helps you to explore the dungeon with convenience!

Due to the mind-distorted owners, palaces are unstable and dangerous. However, there are places where are less distorted exist in palaces where we call it the “safe rooms”. Players are able to save game here at this agit and consult with party members. You can even use the safe rooms as teleport points to move instantly between the real world and palaces.

‣ By consulting with party members, you’ll be able to get useful hints about the palace. Let’s exchange information in safe rooms!

‣ If you need to leave a palace halfway, you’ll be able to go back to any safe room you have visited anytime. Safe rooms are just like agits (bases) in palaces.

You can change party members anytime!

In past persona games, you need to decide party members before going into dungeons. One thing what’s good about persona 5 is that you are able to change the members anytime in dungeons. Coordinate your party members according to enemies’ weaknesses to make better strategies for battles!

‣ Other than that, there are also supportive systems such as [assist] and [navi(navigation)]. These are all convenient functions designed for first-time persona players.

There are many detailed player abilities too!

Not only do the p5 team cares about the vital elements in the system, there are also functions such as recovering full hp and moving with high speed with just one single button. These details were also made with their full hearts. Just relax and explore all you like!

‣ With many convenient hotkeys, it’s easy to speed up your explorations! Looks like you’ll be able to steal the treasures magnificently just like real phantom thieves. And of course, there are more functions for you to have a comfortable journey!

The game becomes even easier with Auto-recover and High speed dash… etc.

‣ One other handy function is that while approaching suspicious places in palaces, party members would be giving hints such as saying “there’s something around here” with voice!

Players are able to get a lot hints from party members while exploring!

You can choose party members any time during dungeons. That is a major improvement in my eyes.

barybll

Banned
Definitely a welcome addition.
Definitely an improvement
Still not what I would consider optimal(ffx style of picking characters mid battle) but its halfway there

Also it seems like there is narcotics in p5
That is a first unless they mean the medicinal stuff

MSMrRound

Games that adopt a "mid-battle swap in swap out" party member system are always a plus in my book.

E.g Final Fantasy X, Tales of Xillia (the first one. The second one dropped the good system it had going=/) Trails of Cold Steel etc.

Hopefully they are referring to something like this.

Nachos

You can choose party members any time during dungeons. That is a major improvement in my eyes.

That info was actually in the last Famitsu. They just didn't draw any attention to it with the text.

Games that adopt a "mid-battle swap in swap out" party member system are always a plus in my book.

E.g Final Fantasy X, Tales of Xillia (the first one. The second one dropped the good system it had going=/) Trails of Cold Steel etc.

Hopefully they are referring to something like this.

Just going off screens, it's only available in the field menu. The only way I could see you being able to swap mid-battle is if the Assist button on R1 lets you do that. Otherwise, there's nothing in the UI to allow it.

Makio

What are the odds that this has a better narrative than the original Ultimax?

Ironically enough the original Arena stage play had a better background about Labrys past , a scene of 10-15 minutes they explain about Labrys and
the girl who is Labrys is based

Maybe not better , but simple to understand and more background i remember for the original game.

And judging for the cast seems this gonna be a short version of Persona 4 story mode plus
Adachi Episode
so why no Yukari or Junpei in this sadly.

And judging for the cast seems this gonna be a short version of Persona 4 story mode plus
Adachi Episode
so why no Yukari or Junpei in this sadly.

Cutting down the cast would actually probably help the story a lot.

Weird that Kikuno is still in though.

Top Bottom