• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

The Persona 5 final boss is Teddy WTF[/SPOILER.
Pretty sure im gonna be spoiled the same way i got spoiled for Fire Emblem Fates , trying to listening to the game soundtrack and Youtube is going to suggest

SPOILER : NANAKO IS THE MASTERMIND ???? (PERSONA 5) LET'S PLAY PART 87
Including the most spoiler screenshot as thumbnail to win views.

So i suppose even to avoid spoilers i dont going to watch trailers or music in Youtube either

Never noticed P2IS' crazy price difference between the US ($19.99) and EU (29.99€ = $33) until now.
Amazing.
We in Europe always get a special treatment :D

As we are already talking about it, did we get any info on the European release date?
I'd like to know if we'll be getting one at least ç_ç

We in Europe always get a special treatment :D

As we are already talking about it, did we get any info on the European release date?
I'd like to know if we'll be getting one at least ç_ç

We know nothing about the EU release right now.

Seems like Thursday will be the debut of the all new completely different Persona Stalker Club V.

PK Gaming

tumblr_o98ct7u07w1si48w3o2_540.jpg

I was bored so I figured i'd transcribe this. From top to bottom:

Protagonist: You can see that he has above average HP and SP. He seems to have less than the P3MC (who if I recall correctly was blatantly better than everyone) and more than the P4MC (who's HP and SP stats were nearly identical to Yosuke's). Basically an All arounder.

Ryuji: Ryuji has above average HP and below average SP. He is closer to Junpei than Kanji in terms of stat, since his HP isn't ridiculously high like Kanji's, but his SP isn't super low either. Obvious Physical attacker.

Morgana: Below average HP and above average SP. Your typical caster, and from previous footage we know that Morgana specializes in healing and wind skills. Caster/Support.

Anne: Below average HP and above average SP. We know from previous footage that she's the standard black mage, w/ healing and poison skills.

Yusuke: It depends on how much he points he gains in a level up, but his HP and SP are in the average range. He'll probably specialize in Physical and Magic attacks as well as have some other gimmick.

Makoto: The most surprising. Contrary to what her appearance may imply, she does not have the physical attacker build. Her HP is average and her SP way above average (higher than everyone else). In fact, her HP/SP stats overshadow Yusuke. It's hard to predict what kind of character she'll be, but I doubt she'll strictly be a physical attacker.

cheez124

Makoto: The most surprising. Contrary to what her appearance may imply, she does not have the physical attacker build. Her HP is average and her SP way above average (higher than everyone else). In fact, her HP/SP stats overshadow Yusuke. It's hard to predict what kind of character she'll be, but I doubt she'll strictly be a physical attacker.
that's pretty interesting. i thought makoto was gonna be P5's main physical powerhouse for sure, but it looks like ryuji is filling that role

Lunar15

Lol I don't think I've seen that screen before. A menu where Joker is reclining in costume with his feet up and everything. I love how over the top this game is.

I wonder if the implication is that you can set commands for your party there, via the auto attack system that P3/4 had. That's why the MC is just laying back and reclining.

Strimei

Figured the Hawaii bit was known, but I can understand it passing under the radar for some.

I distinctly remember though thinking "both pokemon and Persona are going to Hawaii, huh" some time back.

I honestly thought Hawaii was just a likely guess, considering it's an overseas location that's still pretty JP-friendly.

Though I'm thinking, maybe that's where the beach scene is as well?

barybll

Banned
So apparently the chinese will play Persona 5 before us, alongside japan, subs only.

As someone who would gladly play with just subs, I am kinda envious right now.

_Ryo_

Is this fan art or from in game?

Also since there is a Chinese-subed version of Persona 5 releasing September 2015, does that make an English Asia version more likely if they do their own translation? As far as I know, the chinese translation isn't being done by Atlus.

Dantis

I really like how in the P5 DLC, the characters wear the uniforms how they themselves would wear them, as opposed to mimicking another character.
For example, Anne rolls up her sleeves, and Haru wears her polo-neck under hers.

I really like the idea that the outfits are tailored to the character, rather than generic. It would be nice if that was persistent through all the DLC.

I really like how in the P5 DLC, the characters wear the uniforms how they themselves would wear them, as opposed to mimicking another character.
For example, Anne rolls up her sleeves, and Haru wears her polo-neck under hers.

I really like the idea that the outfits are tailored to the character, rather than generic. It would be nice if that was persistent through all the DLC.

There's still some parallels to the original cast members for a few of them, but yeah. It's not like the ones in P4G.

... as far as we know.

MSMrRound

So apparently the chinese will play Persona 5 before us, alongside japan, subs only.

As someone who would gladly play with just subs, I am kinda envious right now.

I already paid the full amount for the Take Your Heart edition that John and the team's bringing over...and I was planning to get a standard copy of a Japanese version of Persona 5 PS4, but now that a Chinese version got announced, I'll go for a standard copy of that instead. At least I'll be able to understand something. Yay for Chinese knowledge! (Like I said before, I'm a fan of both English and Japanese voice actors and actresses, but hey, Chinese subs with Japanese voices (if we really really are not able to get it for the English version (which I'm still getting btw)...why not? Persona 5 is truly shaping up to be a game that I wouldn't hesitate double dipping for. Looking forward to one of my favourite seiyuus of all time Yuuki Aoi guiding the way with her navigational lines come September))

I think the P5MC looks a bit off.
I expected him to wear his uniform like Kou Ichijo,
Seeing him rock the popped collar like Yu looks kinda off.
Same with his P3 uniform.
With his regular school uniform he looks more shy so I kinda expected that to carry over to the P3/P4 uniforms.

FluxWaveZ

Seeing him rock the popped collar like Yu looks kinda off.
Same with his P3 uniform.
With his regular school uniform he looks more shy so I kinda expected that to carry over to the P3/P4 uniforms.

Considering the evoker holders, armbands and glasses, I imagine these are outfits meant to replace their Phantom Thief guises, and not their daily school life ones. Which could mean their counterpart personalities are the ones that they're meant to evoke the most.

Considering the evoker holders, armbands and glasses, I imagine these are outfits meant to replace their Phantom Thief guises, and not their daily school life ones. Which could mean their counterpart personalities are the ones that they're meant to evoke the most.
Shouldn't the P5MC remove his glasses with the P3 outfit if he is portraying his Phantom Thief self?
It makes sense for the P4 outfit since they all have glasses but if they are portraying their counterpart personalities shouldn't he remove his glasses to show his confident Phantom Thief personality like in this artwork?

FluxWaveZ

Shouldn't the P5MC remove his glasses with the P3 outfit if he is portraying his Phantom Thief self?
It makes sense for the P4 outfit since they all have glasses but if they are portraying their counterpart personalities shouldn't he remove his glasses to show his confident Phantom Thief personality like in this artwork?

That's true, he's still wearing his glasses in the P3 DLC. Might be a weird mix of both then, though we don't necessarily know what's going on with Joker's eyesight.

Top Bottom