• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

latest

Didn't think shadows had birthdays

Well going by wiki, there's only 5 games currently scheduled for February, and For Honour, Halo Wars and Horizon will probably all be bigger. Sniper Elite I have no idea about.

I think this persona is really hard to judge for sales. Its been so long for a new mainline entry, and the game definitely has a bigger audience now. How big that audience is is a huge question mark though.

Id say 300k is doable. Id love to see 400k+

MSMrRound

So what's your prediction for the placement of Persona 5 in the February NPD? I wanna say number 4.

I want it to be on top, but common sense/trend indicate that top will usually be dominated by the usual COD/Fifa stuff spilling over from 2016's Sep-Nov period.

I'm hoping that if February turns out to be a slower month, it will crack top 5, at the very least.

Still, Persona titles are known for having pretty long legs, so hopefully end number will end up outdoing our expectations.

Looking at other JRPGs, Digimon apparently sold 64k, and Final Fantasy Type 0 debuted at 10th.

Not really sure how P5 would compare. Digimon didn't have a dub, so that would have hurt it, and obviously Final Fantasy is a much bigger brand and had the FFXV demo, but then it's also a port of a PSP game.

Speaking of Tuesday, weird that they never updated the website with the Phantom Thief renders. And I guess they're waiting for the next event for Goro's full reveal.

Zolo

Speaking of Tuesday, weird that they never updated the website with the Phantom Thief renders. And I guess they're waiting for the next event for Goro's full reveal.

We got a few minutes of him talking in that event thing. That's more than everyone aside from the original four have gotten.

Lunar15

I hope they never properly reveal Goro, but continue these talk show bits.

Have to admit though, child genises are rarely interesting, especially when they're uptight. Naoto kind of dodged it since she wasn't too uptight, but she was still kind of boring. Goro looks like he could be an annoying character.

My true hope is that he doesn't join until the very end, but you have a social link with him throughout the entire game, yet he never catches on that you're the thief until the end. Now THAT could be funny/interesting.

Zolo

Goro seems more mischievous than Naoto especially with his 'The world's waiting to see what the phantom thieves do next' line in the fourth trailer. Honestly, he comes off as a more competent Adachi than Naoto.

Goro seems more mischievous than Naoto especially with his 'The world's waiting to see what the phantom thieves do next' line in the fourth trailer. Honestly, he comes off as a more competent Adachi than Naoto.

He definitely seems to admire the Phantom Theives, going by the subbed talk show segment.

The nature of the game puts him in a very different position to Naoto anyway.

Zolo

My only problem with Naoto is how late in the game she arrives along with never seeming to mesh with the group as well as everyone else. Of course, signs point to Goro not joining until October or November.

My only problem with Naoto is how late in the game she arrives along with never seeming to mesh with the group as well as everyone else. Of course, signs point to Goro not joining until October or November.

Not joining as a party member doesn't mean no presence/interaction with the main cast. Especially since he's being set up as more of an adversary at first.

Mediking

Mr Kaneko's Persona designs were TOP TIER.
Mr Soejima's Persona designs are good, but goodness Mr Kaneko is in a whole different league.

THE HYPE. PERSONA HYPE.

So what's your prediction for the placement of Persona 5 in the February NPD? I wanna say number 4.

Only diehard Persona fans will rush to buy it so fast.

Whoever did the voice acting for Naoto did an amazing job.

Top Bottom