• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Mediking

Too bad Persona 5 isn't coming to Vita.... I would actually buy a Vita version over a PS4 version because of my gaming schedule these days. I also have Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden on Vita and having P5 on there would just make me cry tears of joy.

Setsu00

Goro is actually making me look forward to P5's inevitable spinoffs. I'm really interested in seeing how he and Naoto interact.

Too bad Persona 5 isn't coming to Vita.... I would actually buy a Vita version over a PS4 version because of my gaming schedule these days. I also have Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden on Vita and having P5 on there would just make me cry tears of joy.
I agree, but I don't think it could look anywhere as good if it was made for Vita.

I'm absolutely sick of turn based RPGs being relegated to portables, so I'm pretty happy its not there. Don't need it cross platform either and having to worry about assets and file sizes complying with Vita

Setsu00

Gecoma

I'm more interested in how Kanji deals with Makoto's persona being a motorcycle.

Well he had no problems with the entire P4 cast getting them in Golden so..

I doubt it'll be in any other languages. I could be wrong but I just don't see them doing anything but the bare minimum to release it in Europe.

Not getting excited about that news until we get more details anyway. We already knew they would bring to Europe someday. They had to.

YEEESSS!
anigif_original-grid-image-20568-1429890851-6.gif

MSMrRound

No worries.

If either NISA or Atlus/Sega wants to mend their relationship, all they have to do is to draw a fortune from the shrine to reverse it.

NISA's only miffed that Atlus/Sega's putting their priority towards Deep Silver's Social Link instead.

Now that I have finished with my exam, I'd like to play Persona 1 and 2; do you guys have any suggestions on which versione to play? I was thinking of P1P for the first one and then I'm not sure if I should go for P2IS on the PSP and then P2EP on the PS2 or just play the PS2 version for both. I fear I might end up getting a bit "annoyed" by the game moving from the PSP remake to the original one for the sequel. I might also wait for the patch to be finished, but I'm not sure if there's somewhere to follow its development.

Playing Persona 2 IS on my Vita and I have a really dumb question:

Some of the character portraits are flashing yellow. What does this mean and how do I make it go back to normal?

Now that I have finished with my exam, I'd like to play Persona 1 and 2; do you guys have any suggestions on which versione to play? I was thinking of P1P for the first one and then I'm not sure if I should go for P2IS on the PSP and then P2EP on the PS2 or just play the PS2 version for both. I fear I might end up getting a bit "annoyed" by the game moving from the PSP remake to the original one for the sequel. I might also wait for the patch to be finished, but I'm not sure if there's somewhere to follow its development.

P1: PSP - PSX version's localisation has issues, and other aspects of the game are improved in the PSP version, like the world map.
P2: Innocent Sin: PSP - Only version officially available in English
P2: Eternal Punishment: PSX/PSClassics - Only version officially available in English. It's not too dated compared to Innocent Sin PSP, and the only real issue is a few localisation inconsistencies as detailed here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/25/persona-2-eternal-punishment-hits-psn-tomorrow/

P1: PSP - PSX version's localisation has issues, and other aspects of the game are improved in the PSP version, like the world map.
P2: Innocent Sin: PSP - Only version officially available in English
P2: Eternal Punishment: PSX/PSClassics - Only version officially available in English. It's not too dated compared to Innocent Sin PSP, and the only real issue is a few localisation inconsistencies as detailed here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/25/persona-2-eternal-punishment-hits-psn-tomorrow/
Thanks a lot! Those changes will be a bit annoying but I think I'll manage :D

PK Gaming

Persona 5 E3 footage as finally been fully translated

Part 1

Part 2

EDIT: Secondary status effects on elemental skills are back

EDIT 2: Burn is a new secondary status effect for Agi (damage over time...?). Garu still lacks secondary effects, but it's cheaper to cast (3SP instead of 4)

"Wait for his heart to change" as an objective.

So pretty much the same structure of Persona 4 once you finish a dungeon then.

Nice seeing the Caroline/Justine segments translated too. Interesting that they seem against the Phantom Thieves.

Guys guys guys if i enable my amazon prime trial right now and preorder p5 TYH edition it won't be a problem right, I still get the 20 percent off right?

daevious

I'm excited that it'll come out, but I'm also worried because the second Persona 5 drops the real spoiler dodging begins there.

My plan is to only view up to the completion of the first dungeon, just to get a rough feel for how everything works in motion and then complete silence for the rest of the game.

I keep thinking about upgrading my regular order to collectors edition, but really I just want it for the Morgana plush and I can probably buy a bigger plush for way cheaper.

Persona 5 E3 footage as finally been fully translated

Part 1

Part 2

EDIT: Secondary status effects on elemental skills are back

EDIT 2: Burn is a new secondary status effect for Agi (damage over time...?). Garu still lacks secondary effects, but it's cheaper to cast (3SP instead of 4)

This game just looks so stylish and appealing that it's going to be hard for me to play anything else after it.

I'm about to start with P1P; any tips about gameplay and/or story? I recall reading about "optional" party members, do you guys have any suggestions about it?

PK Gaming

I'm about to start with P1P; any tips about gameplay and/or story? I recall reading about "optional" party members, do you guys have any suggestions about it?

Just going to quote myself

PK Gaming said:
  • Don't be a jerk. When presented with a choice, always go for the "good" option.
  • Under normal circumstances, your last party member on the main route is Elly or Brown. If you want to get Reiji, follow this guide. It really comes down to preference, though Elly is one of the best characters in the game (both in terms of personality and battle), and Reiji adds to the overall story. Brown is whatever.
  • The level up system is weird. EXP points are awarded based on how much a character contributed in battle (killing enemies, healing, etc). Healing and buffs will "always" net you extra EXP points (even if you have a lot of EXP) so if you're up against an enemy that awards a lot of EXP, set some of your characters to heal/buffs.
  • Don't fuss over stats. Prioritize Dex (slightly influences Magic and Guns, which are your go-to weapons), with lots of Agi and a decent amount of Vit. Feel free to ignore Luck for the most part since it's useless.
  • Fuse Gozu Tennoh (Chariot lvl 18) and Phaleg (Judgement lvl 18). These 2 Persona will dominate for the majority of the game. The former gains early access to Megidola and a high magic stat(lol) which basically lets you nuke mobs. The latter isn't that strong, but it's immune to all Magic attacks and it gains early access to Mediarama (your ultimate support Persona, basically)
  • Always be fusing isn't "that" necessary in P1 since it's piss easy for the most part. Just try to keep your Personas up to par, and remember skills & magic power >>> pure level.
  • At levels 30 and 47 respectively, you can *fuse* Fool Persona. They're almost impossible to get in regular play(they're fusion accidents that only occur under specific conditions), but there's a trick to getting them to appear. If you're interested, check out this page: http://persona1.wikidot.com/cheat#toc4
  • Contacts are bullshit. Just grin and bear it
  • It is very, very easy to miss the "true" ending. Here is how you can get it: http://persona1.wikidot.com/sebec
  • If you get stuck on the final boss, grind for the main character's Ultimate Persona. It makes the final boss much easier.

People who analyze every piece of P5 promotional media: Have they shown/hinted as to whether or not new equipment is unlocked by collecting loot like in P4 or...?

Item drops don't seem frequent. And this is the only one from any of the footage we've seen:

IDK if this is random loot or something else though. The UI subbed video called it "Cork's Bark" which probably isn't right. If this is random loot, then it's probably the same as Persona 4.

Setsu00

Item drops don't seem frequent. And this is the only one from any of the footage we've seen:

IDK if this is random loot or something else though. The UI subbed video called it "Cork's Bark" which probably isn't right. If this is random loot, then it's probably the same as Persona 4.

"Cork's Bark" is actually "cork bark", yeah.

Nachos

"Cork's Bark" is actually "cork bark", yeah.
"Cork" can also mean the layer of dead cells below the layer of tree bark, in which case, it might just be "tree cork." Do you know if コルク's ever used to mean that by itself? Jisho just gives the bottle-stopper definition for the standalone word, but defines コルク組織 as "cork tissue."

Setsu00

"Cork" can also mean the layer of dead cells below the layer of tree bark, in which case, it might just be "tree cork." Do you know if コルク's ever used to mean that by itself? Jisho just gives the bottle-stopper definition for the standalone word, but defines コルク組織 as "cork tissue."

I have no idea, sorry. This is actually the first time I've ever seen コルク.

Top Bottom