• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

He isn't as big as he was in the mid 2000s, and beyond Venture Brothers, he doesn't have any real mainstream roles, either. Apparently he's been trying to break into LA games and animation for a bit now (all his big roles were cast through New York), so it's more surprising that he's not in more stuff.

But yeah, he'd be a really good fit for Goro. Just have to wonder if he's on PCB's radar yet or not.

He voiced the main character in Bravely Second which was a fairly large project, so I think he's on an upwards trajectory now.

I wouldn't mind seeing him voice Goro either. Dude's a great VA.

Wondering if I want to bother with it. We're getting so close to release that I'm thinking I've had my fill of pre-release footage. Like, I don't want to have the entire game laid out before it even releases here.

I'm definitely not watching anything else. Already avoided most of the E3 footage.

cj_iwakura

I beat that boss with the evolved Personas and spamming Dragon Cross.
>.>

I did it the old fashioned way. ...or the stupid way, if you prefer. Just with whatever I had at the time, I didn't really prepare much. I'll have to load my file to see what my loadout was.

I'm REALLY proud of my Persona 3 vanilla entourage for The E. I spent HOURS preparing that army.

I did it the old fashioned way. ...or the stupid way, if you prefer. Just with whatever I had at the time, I didn't really prepare much. I'll have to load my file to see what my loadout was.

I'm REALLY proud of my Persona 3 vanilla entourage for The E. I spent HOURS preparing that army.

Even in P2IS I just spammed Grand Cross on Nyarl through like all of his forms. Maya was the only one who kept dying iirc. :-x

Makio

I've been playing Lost Dimension lately it surprises me that Atlus can contact Michael Sinterniklaas for such a minor project. Based off that game, I'm guessing he'd do well as Goro.

With Lost Dimension and Legends of Heroes i really hope Kira Buckland gets in Arem's radar... she can handle Haru i think. But i would love to have her in the game

And Sinterniklass sounds fine enough for Goro i put it in my short list with the other dudes i have in mind for male party members (Bryce Papenbrook, Max Mittleman ,Edward Bosco , Ben Diskin.)
----

And about the stream for this week (next) ...at this point i lose any hype with the game so close to release i only hope this couple of months past fast so i can hear the music clearly and eat a couple of spoilers in the process.

But anyway there a couple of things i hope to see , someone recording some gameplay from those playable demos and maybe more info in the Animation OVA.

Im more eager to see what is Atlus USA next step , but seeing are busy with a couple of games the next months i dont expect anything earlier than Mid September - October. (Specially with SMT IV Apocalypse coming in September)

Mediking

I'm so glad Persona is what it is. Like seriously. So grateful I stumbled upon this series long ago. I love this series! I'm listening to Persona 3 Portable Sun song and Im getting so emotional...

Zolo

Went through the translated e3 trailers and a few points:

Gorou.gif
I once said Goro reminded me of Adachi a bit, and now I'm wondering if he has a somewhat similar dynamic with Sae.
The twins seem oddly antagonistic even if it's just marketing dialogue at the moment.
Mixed bathing confirmed!

Zolo

I'm gonna make a prediction that unless one of the guys is actually a romance option, PhantomxGoro's going to be the most popular yaoi pairing.

Setsu00

Went through the translated e3 trailers and a few points:

I once said Goro reminded me of Adachi a bit, and now I'm wondering if he has a somewhat similar dynamic with Sae.

The twins seem oddly antagonistic even if it's just marketing dialogue at the moment.

Mixed bathing confirmed!

To chime in on this: What Ryuuji says should actually be translated as "I wish Ann/Anne could have come with us."

And Goro looks super cool.

Nachos

He voiced the main character in Bravely Second which was a fairly large project, so I think he's on an upwards trajectory now.

I wouldn't mind seeing him voice Goro either. Dude's a great VA.

You're right, but he was also the holder of the thief job in Bravely Default back in 2013/2014, and he hasn't really turned that into much else. Guy's super talented, though. And yeah, I'm hoping Goro goes to someone like him, Lucien Dodge, or Nicolas Roye.

With Lost Dimension and Legends of Heroes i really hope Kira Buckland gets in Arem's radar... she can handle Haru i think. But i would love to have her in the game

And Sinterniklass sounds fine enough for Goro i put it in my short list with the other dudes i have in mind for male party members (Bryce Papenbrook, Max Mittleman ,Edward Bosco , Ben Diskin.)

I was actually thinking that she'd be perfect for the twins. I see Haru being more of a Brianna Knickerbocker/Natalie Hoover kind of character.

daevious

I was actually thinking that she'd be perfect for the twins. I see Haru being more of a Brianna Knickerbocker/Natalie Hoover kind of character.

Call me nuts, but I'd actually like to see Erin Fitzgerald play Haru. I know there's the issue of having returning voice actors, but Erin has such a wide vocal range that I wouldn't mind her coming back as long as they don't reuse her Chie voice.

Main countdown seems to end at 8pm JST on Tuesday? Which should be half an hour into when the main event is supposed to start.

Event 1 should be about 20:57, 2 is 20:50, 3 is 21:04, 4 is 20:53, 5 is 21:00, 6 is 21:16 and 7 is 21:22.

So 2, 4, 1 and 5 should be pretty short.

I'm nearing the end of Persona 1. The gameplay has grown on me somewhat, but I could still do with about 5 times less encounters. I enjoyed the story and characters; I think I would have grown fonder of them if they talked a bit more, those one-liners in the various rooms didn't do much to make me know them more in depth.

PK Gaming

I'm nearing the end of Persona 1. The gameplay has grown on me somewhat, but I could still do with about 5 times less encounters. I enjoyed the story and characters; I think I would have grown fonder of them if they talked a bit more, those one-liners in the various rooms didn't do much to make me know them more in depth.

You should read the Persona 1 manga

It gives you exactly the kind of depth you're looking for

You should read the Persona 1 manga

It gives you exactly the kind of depth you're looking for
Will do, thanks! Also, I'm still on the fence about the possibility of choosing the last party member. While it certainly adds some replay value and makes each playthrough unique (up to a certain point at least) I don't really like that there are three characters I'll never get a chance to meet and know better just because I had to choose one. I think the way P3 and P4 do it is way better, having all the characters with you and interacting but a limited number in the dungeon.

I wonder how I'd feel about it if I replayed it.
I can barely remember anything of the story and I didn't connect with any of the characters, it's the complete opposite of how I feel a about every other Persona or SMT in general.

Dantis

I'm going to advise everyone to temper their expectations for the announcements.

This is stream number whoknowshowmany, and except for the one where they announced all the games, the only significant part has been the actual game trailer. I'm willing to bet that at least four of these announcements are super minor.

I'm going to advise everyone to temper their expectations for the announcements.

This is stream number whoknowshowmany, and except for the one where they announced all the games, the only significant part has been the actual game trailer. I'm willing to bet that at least four of these announcements are super minor.

I thought I was being generous expecting only two of them to be good.

As obvious as this should be, your in the right to give the heads up. As it's said, better to be surprised then to be disappointed, so have no expectations.

FluxWaveZ

You've said this for literally every single Persona 5 stream since the November 24, 2013 tease where you were expecting a mobile game announcement.

PV2, the European release date, Scrunchy and Black Man in Black as party members, Ultimax 2.0 for consoles and the P4D costume DLC.

Realistic enough.

Dantis

You've said this for literally every single Persona 5 stream since the November 24, 2013 tease where you were expecting a mobile game announcement.
And I'd say that it's been right every time.

The big thing is the trailer. Every time except the 2013 one. Almost everything else is filler, honestly.

Mediking

The game isn't coming to Feb 2017 and I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered. I'm not expecting nor looking forward to hearing anything else new about the game.

UNLESS.... PERSONA AVATARS AND THEMES FINALLY HIT PSN

Strimei

The whole Joker/Goro banner thing finally made me wonder.

Why have they yet to show off his costume/persona? They've shown off everyone else's at this point, why'd they hold back so long on revealing him at all, let alone his costume (assuming he has one) and persona (ditto)?

(Admittedly, feels weird for me to be thinking "they should show it off already!" though I'm usually one to prefer to not know too much)

Zolo

They hid his face in the dlc at first. I think there may have actually been conflict in Atlus about whether they wanted to reveal him or not whether until later or possibly until the game was released. Of course, his face is on the cover so.....

They hid his face in the dlc at first. I think there may have actually been conflict in Atlus about whether they wanted to reveal him or not whether until later or possibly until the game was released. Of course, his face is on the cover so.....

That or it was just Atlus wanting to keep something held back, to keep the fans quivering with antici-...

... -PATION instead of running dry after the big blowout.

Makio

Call me nuts, but I'd actually like to see Erin Fitzgerald play Haru. I know there's the issue of having returning voice actors, but Erin has such a wide vocal range that I wouldn't mind her coming back as long as they don't reuse her Chie voice.

No kidding if Matt Mercer wasnt Kanji already he would be my top choice for the MC right now but i dont really want party members voices of previous games to voice the main here..

And Erin i see her coming back , even see her as Tae Takemi.

For my side i would love to see Cindy Robinson coming back another lady with insane wide vocal range , i already had that youthful almost cartoonish voice of her in Labrys / Ken , i would love to see her take Sae Nijiima with that serious voice of her.

Never thought about it , but yeah Buckland would be great as the twins.
And glad to see im not the only one it has Knickerbocker in his radar , kinda generic voice but there something it makes me love it for some reason another great wishful choice for one of the girls.

Lunar15

And I'd say that it's been right every time.

The big thing is the trailer. Every time except the 2013 one. Almost everything else is filler, honestly.

Completely agree on this one.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what people COULD expect at this point. The release date was the biggest, most important piece of info.

Makio

Some people hoping the first announcement is the opening of the game or the PV05 of the game...

Meh pretty sure is a 30 second - 1 minute trailer of the animation OVA / Episode. , hopefully with a release date.
The only reason i would love to have the opening this early would be to have a new vocal persona song to keep me going until the game release. But Atlus always put opening of these persona games a couple of days before release so i dont have my hopes too up.

Really curious about the 5th one (Morgana-mobile) and the 7th one (i imagine some psn avatars , themes or something in those lines) or maybe more DLC lol.

Plus is still confirmed the game is going to be playable to the event or not.

Dantis

Completely agree on this one.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what people COULD expect at this point. The release date was the biggest, most important piece of info.
I have a feeling some of them will be in game things. Like short, focused gameplay clips, perhaps.

If you have had too much salt for the day, skip this post.
The more you know: if your last party member get paralysed in Persona 1, your lose. Also important to note, it will happen right before the final boss.
I think I'll just watch the ending on Youtube and be done with it.

_Ryo_

So, I've been watching a TMS let's play and just watched the first side story. It was cool.

I am betting CoOperation in Persona 5 will work in a very similar way, where you have a mission to help a character achieve a goal, and maybe even sometimes you have to do a task in a dungeon to complete a rank.

EDIT: Also can I say, watching TMS, I think Persona could work really well without a silent protagonist.

Nachos

The thing is: I don't know where else her voice could go for Haru. She's a nasally Canadian, so it's almost guaranteed that it'll be obvious it's her since she'll still need to sound like a teenager. Haru comes across as really dainty in when she's not a thief, so I don't think making her voice deeper to differentiate it would fit, either.

In the field of nonunion/ficore voice actors in the LA area who have experience dubbing anime/doing ADR, and experience working in games, there's still a ton of actors Atlus hasn't even touched for the Persona series, despite how many circles overlap in that venn diagram. That's not just newcomers, but actors who've been working since P4 vanilla recorded. I'd rather they not be so conservative, especially when another crossover's all but guaranteed.

Top Bottom