• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Mediking

Vincent is not in P5 as far as we know. P5's MC resembles him sightly, but that's about it. Catherine takes place in a separate universe.

Ohhhhh... so there really ISN'T a Persona 5 trailers that shows Vincent for a brief second???? Okay, wow... my mistake.

Wait Mediking you're serious... I knew you were a Persona fan but I could tell you were a casual lolz

I've been EXPOSED.

Dantis

Vincent is not in P5 as far as we know. P5's MC resembles him sightly, but that's about it. Catherine takes place in a separate universe.

Which is really dumb. I would have found it significantly more charming to have them in the same universe, but they backtracked and "Oh that's a doppleganger, duh!".

LAME.

Which is really dumb. I would have found it significantly more charming to have them in the same universe, but they backtracked and "Oh that's a doppleganger, duh!".

LAME.

Thing is though, they'd have to make up some dumb excuse for why Vincent is in Japan since Catherine takes place in AbsolutelynotAmericanowaydefinitelynotAmerica-land

Thing is though, they'd have to make up some dumb excuse for why Vincent is in Japan since Catherine takes place in AbsolutelynotAmericanowaydefinitelynotAmerica-land

catherine7506.jpg

Even has traditional American food. That's how America it is.

Dantis

Catherine's location is ambiguous anyway, though.

The Persona canon is already a joke. Having Vincent in Tatsumi Port Island is much less problematic than any spinoff game.

Even has traditional American food. That's how America it is.

Damn, I forgot how nice Catherine looks.

I do think there's an argument to be made that it looks better than P5 in some ways.

Sophia

Damn, I forgot how nice Catherine looks.

I do think there's an argument to be made that it looks better than P5 in some ways.

The smaller scope of the game does allow for higher quality models in areas. It definitely looks better than the PS3 version of Persona 5, for sure.

Catherine's location is ambiguous anyway, though.

The Persona canon is already a joke. Having Vincent in Tatsumi Port Island is much less problematic than any spinoff game.

I mean, really, the whole existance of Catherine's story in any form of "real" world is ambiguous, what with the whole 'Golden Playhouse" thing.

For all we know, the story of Catherine could have been a TV show in Personas universe..........or some shit, I dunno, I'm thinking about it too much.

Dantis

The smaller scope of the game does allow for higher quality models in areas. It definitely looks better than the PS3 version of Persona 5, for sure.

Beyond the quality of the assets, I really like the flat shading a lot more than P5's more standard 3D shading (though obviously that's just preference).

It's pretty unusual that P5 is so round and 3D looking when so much of Soejima's art is two-toned.

Sophia

Beyond the quality of the assets, I really like the flat shading a lot more than P5's more standard 3D shading (though obviously that's just preference).

It's pretty unusual that P5 is so round and 3D looking when so much of Soejima's art is two-toned.

The hair is one area where I think Catherine actually edges out the Persona 5 models. Compare Orlando there to these images from PV4 and you'll see what I mean.

I suspect they went with a more stylized look for the hair because Persona 5's scenes are much bigger in scope compared to Catherine. No reason to put too much detail to them, especially if the PS3 was their original target for graphics.

Tamanon

Banned
I saw Hardin wearing that Persona 5 shirt, guess it's time for merchandising!

Mafia flicking off the camera is the perfect screencap for any P5 livestream.

Setsu00

Surprising virtually nobody, Futaba is the most popular character among the livestream viewers. Makoto placed 2nd, the protagonist is third.

Lusankya

Btw there was no voice acting during these gameplay scenes. Do you think in the final game all these side activities will be voiced or silent? I guess it would be a huge amount of work to voice every single line of dialogue so I do expect most of the side stuff to be without a dub.

Mediking

I can't wait to see the overworld covered in snow and we get to see everybody in their winter costumes! :D

Hahaha I wanna see Joker in a goofy snow hat.

Lusankya

Even Fortune would have been a more inspired choice for her. Well, at least that makes it more likely that Yuusuke is Moon. His cut-in would be fittingly crazy.

Yeah, Fortune was my second choice.

Human characters of the Fortune Arcana are usually individuals who attempt to seize their own destiny in spite of fate and are typically involved with making important choices and decisions in response to what life throws at them.

Or regarding Moon:
They often tend to have trouble accepting themselves for who they are and, because of that fear, try to correspond to an ideal person.

I mean I thought Anne is not supposed to be popular because of her biracial background and struggles to fit in. She is like the opposite of Rise and Yukari in this regard.

Lol

Not looking forward to the incredibly idiotic "Anne is the canon love interest because Lovers" statements.

Yeah I'm being harsh but I don't care LOL.

*sigh*

What I'm not looking forward to is people claiming she's a false lead, with the MC's twu wuv to only have a cooperation in the rerelease. -_-

Sophia

I mean I thought Anne is not supposed to be popular because of her biracial background and struggles to fit in. She is like the opposite of Rise and Yukari in this regard.

Popularity isn't really what Lovers represents tho. Lovers usually represents a choice between two extremes.

I'm not sure how that'll apply to Anne, but I'm sure they have their reasons for it.

No it wasn't

Persona 4 didn't revolve around which waifu you choose to fuck
it did largely revolve around the building of relationships though, and none of that was carried into the spinoffs, creating a jarring story separation.

Yes they would have to change dialogue, but it would be an improvement

And why is it when someone wants to bring up the relationship building someone tears it down with WAIFU BLARG! FUCKING DIGITAL CHARACTERS! that wasnt what I said at all. I don't give a shit about "waifu"

Top Bottom