• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Lunar15

I have a feeling some of them will be in game things. Like short, focused gameplay clips, perhaps.

Yeah, the fact that one of them is the Morganamobile means most of them will be pretty minor gameplay things. I could see them having a bit about Goro as well. Perhaps his persona.

And that's cool. Announcements don't always have to be huge things. I don't think people around here get their hopes TOO high each time, maybe on Discussion. All of the events have been largely enjoyable.

However, I'm at the point where I really don't want to hear anymore.

Mediking

However, I'm at the point where I really don't want to hear anymore.

Waiting till Feb 2017 is rough. Staying hype is hard... this situation kinda reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles X where XCX was my most anticipated... got delayed a few times... and when I finally played the game... it was not what I hoped.

BUT! Atlus' quality is Atlus' quality.

Zolo

We're now at a point where the wait for Persona 5 from release to localization is twice as long as the wait for it actually coming out.

Mediking

Every person in the thread is making an OT. Complete global saturation.

HECK YEAH!!!!

Oh, and when you dream about the girl of your dreams...

tumblr_nl3r32A1aI1upirmdo1_500.gif

Mediking

I'm pretty sure you're serious and am incredibly saddened.

She's Persona 2: Eternal Punishment's protagonist. P3's is a reference.

Whoa! Hold on!!!! Lemme get this straight.... Persona 3 Portable was NOT the first time there was a female lead in a Persona game? PERSONA 2 had a female lead?! Wow! Okay, that's cool! I had no idea! Please don't beat me up, Persona community!!!

Now is Maya....?

hqdefault.jpg

cj_iwakura

Whoa! Hold on!!!! Lemme get this straight.... Persona 3 Portable was NOT the first time there was a female lead in a Persona game? PERSONA 2 had a female lead?! Wow! Okay, that's cool! I had no idea! Please don't beat me up, Persona community!!!

Now is Maya....?

hqdefault.jpg

As I said, no relation. It's a reference to Persona 2.

DNAbro

Now is Maya....?

hqdefault.jpg

like just do some reading on a wiki dude. You obviously like Persona so I'm surprised you haven't done any research into the other games.

Mediking

Look on the bright side. It's not the kind of embarrassment that tends to get featured on a .txt twitter.

I can see the title now... "READ THE COMMENTS OF A SUPPOSED DIEHARD (get teh pun?) PERSONA FAN." Hahah

like just do some reading on a wiki dude. You obviously like Persona so I'm surprised you haven't done any research into the other games.

Yeah, true... I do plan on playing Persona in its early life. I just got a few other games to finish first. :/

It's a localization change too. In the Japanese version it's Devil Busters Online with N-Jima rather than Tatsuya and Y-Ko rather than Maya.

Never-before-mentioned: Innocent Sin Online also starts with a message from Phil, a reference to Philemon, and it's instead STEVEN in Devil Busters Online.

Mediking

It's a localization change too. In the Japanese version it's Devil Busters Online with N-Jima rather than Tatsuya and Y-Ko rather than Maya.

Never-before-mentioned: Innocent Sin Online also starts with a message from Phil, a reference to Philemon, and it's instead STEVEN in Devil Busters Online.

The Persona localization teams be like:

hqdefault.jpg

Are there any more quirky Persona localization facts?

daevious

The Persona localization teams be like:

hqdefault.jpg

Are there any more quirky Persona localization facts?

The PS1 version of Persona 1 is legendary as an example of how not to localize a game. They made all the characters caucasian (barring Yukino so she could be the token asian character) and even turned one character into a black person.

220px-Masaomark.jpg

Contrast this with how Persona 4 openly uses honorifics and it's a huge case of whiplash.

PK Gaming

Now is Maya....?

hqdefault.jpg

TylSw6z.jpg

Mediking

The PS1 version of Persona 1 is legendary as an example of how not to localize a game. They made all the characters caucasian (barring Yukino so she could be the token asian character) and even turned one character into a black person.

220px-Masaomark.jpg

Contrast this with how Persona 4 openly uses honorifics and it's a huge case of whiplash.

Yikes....

Gotta admit... really hoping Ryuji is more Junpei than Yosuke. Then again... I didn't start to really like Yosuke's character until the last arcs of the game.

Yu Narukami summoning his persona.

7uTkikh.jpg

It's funny how Yu reminds me of a guy from Tokyo Ghoul in that image...

Mediking

Vincent from Catherine is still in the game, right? I wonder if...
Ann is related to Catherine....
And I forget the guy's name but there's a guy in Catherine who looks like he just auctioned to be the lead guy for a Persona game.

Dantis

And I forget the guy's name but there's a guy in Catherine who looks like he just auctioned to be the lead guy for a Persona game.
I feel like I'm missing something in this post. What do you mean by any of it?

There's a guy who looks like Vincent in P3P, but that was just a lookalike for promotional purposes.

Ann being related to Catherine is unlikely. I'm thinking her white grandparent was an American WW2 soldier, myself.

And you mean "auditioned", but I still don't know who you're talking about.

Mediking

I feel like I'm missing something in this post. What do you mean by any of it?

Oh!!!! Ah, I saw a video about Catherine a few days ago and I remembered that Vincent was seen in a trailer for P5. Haha then I thought that Catherine and Ann kinda look similar. Sorry if I wasn't clear Dantis.

Mediking

There's a guy who looks like Vincent in P3P, but that was just a lookalike for promotional purposes.

Ann being related to Catherine is unlikely. I'm thinking her white grandparent was an American WW2 soldier, myself.

And you mean "auditioned", but I still don't know who you're talking about.

Hahaha my bad. I'm talking about Jonathan Ariga from Catherine. This guy.... I'm on mobile so hopefully the image works. He looks like he's auditioning to be on Persona.
latest

Setsu00

Oh!!!! Ah, I saw a video about Catherine a few days ago and I remembered that Vincent was seen in a trailer for P5. Haha then I thought that Catherine and Ann kinda look similar. Sorry if I wasn't clear Dantis.

Vincent is not in P5 as far as we know. P5's MC resembles him sightly, but that's about it. Catherine takes place in a separate universe.

_Ryo_

Do you guys think that there should be a Persona Kart game? I think the Persona is rife with opportunity to make an awesome kart racing game, with using Persona as power ups, while having characters from all the games as racers.

Zolo

Sure. We'll get a spinoff where each person's Persona gets a vehicle form aside from Makoto and Futaba who already have one.

Vincent is not in P5 as far as we know. P5's MC resembles him sightly, but that's about it. Catherine takes place in a separate universe.
That's what's being said now until he shows up as a secret boss as
king of hell with Catherine support.

Top Bottom