• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Mediking

Persona-5-720x340.jpg

Hahaha nice, Joker.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
it did largely revolve around the building of relationships though, and none of that was carried into the spinoffs, creating a jarring story separation.

Yes they would have to change dialogue, but it would be an improvement

And why is it when someone wants to bring up the relationship building someone tears it down with WAIFU BLARG! FUCKING DIGITAL CHARACTERS! that wasnt what I said at all. I don't give a shit about "waifu"

I mean, when you say 'relationships' do you mean just the bonding of the characters or love interests? Because from what I've seen of the spinoffs, they do the former just fine. (Correct me if I'm wrong though.)

Zolo

It'd be neat if they could get consistency like Bioware games do, but it's probably too much work for spinoff games.

Edit: Seriously guys. Persona wouldn't be the first series to get this kind of request.

I mean, when you say 'relationships' do you mean just the bonding of the characters or love interests? Because from what I've seen of the spinoffs, they do the former just fine. (Correct me if I'm wrong though.)
I mean both, the choices you do get to make (such as lovers routes) are clearly not carried, but even beyond that character growth in some of the characters were missed

Mechanically, they revert to their original personas instead of the SLink evolved ones

Zolo

??? What do you mean?

If you import a game from one to the next in Mass Effect or Dragon Age, it generally recognizes which character you romanced in the last even if it's usually just a comment or something of the effect.

Again, Persona isn't the only series this has been asked of, so no reason to respond with the immediate 'Get that waifu shit out of here!'.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Well, I admit I have no experience with the spinoffs so I can't judge it for myself. While I have no problem if Atlus went the Bioware route, I question if doing that just for spinoffs is worth it. I wouldn't mind though.

PK Gaming

it did largely revolve around the building of relationships though, and none of that was carried into the spinoffs, creating a jarring story separation.

And why is it when someone wants to bring up the relationship building someone tears it down with WAIFU BLARG! FUCKING DIGITAL CHARACTERS! that wasnt what I said at all. I don't give a shit about "waifu"

This is some fallacious reasoning, to say the least.

The spinoffs do nothing but carry over Yu's developed relationship with his friends. When they don't outright spell it out through direct references to social links, it's conveyed through dialogue. There's a familiarity, and it's pretty obvious they're very close, but in a platonic sense. Don't even try to argue that they don't because that's disingenuous as fuck.

And fucking spare me dude with that persecution complex nonsense. I'm calling you out on wanting waifu pandering because that is exactly what you want. Only someone who is completely obsessed with that crap would ignore Yu's developed relationships and focus on the fact that he's "single."

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
On the whole waifu thing, I don't mind it in particular, but it wouldn't bother me if they don't go carry over to spinoffs. I'm more interested in the how Persona 5 is gonna convey it's message. (Probably gonna beat us over the head with it isn't it? Pls Atlus have some subtlety.)

No it wasn't

Persona 4 didn't revolve around which waifu you choose to fuck

And the logistics behind would be absurd

They'd have to change so much dialogue

Besides, they left it vague enough that the player could draw their own conclusions, no?

??? What do you mean?

Mass Effect and Dragon Age let you import decisions from past games into later ones, either through direct save import, or building a world state through a cloud program.

Mediking

If you import a game from one to the next in Mass Effect or Dragon Age, it generally recognizes which character you romanced in the last even if it's usually just a comment or something of the effect.

Again, Persona isn't the only series this has been asked of, so no reason to respond with the immediate 'Get that waifu shit out of here!'.

Ohhh!!! Well, I tried to do the waifu defense thing before and it didn't go so well so now I hardly talk about it... learned my lesson...

On the whole waifu thing, I don't mind it in particular, but it wouldn't bother me if they don't go carry over to spinoffs. I'm more interested in the how Persona 5 is gonna convey it's message. (Probably gonna beat us over the head with it isn't it? Pls Atlus have some subtlety.)

Education system is heavily flawed BUT one of Joker's friends will actually benefit from it. That's my prediction.

Ohhh!!! Well, I tried to do the waifu defense thing before and it didn't go so well so now I hardly talk about it... learned my lesson...
you cant even enjoy games having choice based relationship building without psychotic overreactions from people who want to argue who is the best waifu, or people who view it as the biggest blight on video games

Completely forgot there was a stream today. On the upside I get to consume this new footage/info as I like and not through the IV drip that is Atlus streams.

cheez124

has anyone managed to get some high res shots of the all out attack finishers from the stream? would love to have them as wallpapers

Dantis

The transition to the 2D AoA images is really nice. MC's and Makoto's crit attacks are super slick, too.

Anne looks really bland. Also Futaba is super short. Slightly concerned that she's Rise 2, also.

Not quite sold on the battle theme yet. Seems to be quite quiet until the chorus.

Fishing actually looks pretty good.

The transition to the 2D AoA images is really nice. MC's and Makoto's crit attacks are super slick, too.

Anne looks really bland. Also Futaba is super short. Slightly concerned that she's Rise 2, also.

Not quite sold on the battle theme yet. Seems to be quite quiet until the chorus.

In what sense, hat she does too much as a support, that she's going to end up being super clingy.....?

Aters

Lol

Not looking forward to the incredibly idiotic "Anne is the canon love interest because Lovers" statements.

Yeah I'm being harsh but I don't care LOL.

Serious talk, doesn't Aeon Arcana imply "true female protagonist" recently? Like, they are usually more involved in the protagonist's story than other characters.

Makio

Also Futaba is super short. Slightly concerned that she's Rise 2, also.

And that is a problem because......

Glad to get a glimpse of the battle theme without been talked over.
Those battle clips make me hard everyone and everything look awesome.

Gotta love Morgana crashing into the camera in one of the after battle animations lol.

convo

Also Futaba is super short. Slightly concerned that she's Rise 2, also.

I would say she is the Fuuka equivalent, also short,navigator and good with computers.
Doesn't like dealing with people maybe? Don't see the Rise comparison unless she is secretly an idol.

Serious talk, doesn't Aeon Arcana imply "true female protagonist" recently? Like, they are usually more involved in the protagonist's story than other characters.

I'm okay with that interpretation. Though I guess "Heroine" would be a better designation, given the SMT roots.

I'm a dork.

I meant Anne is Rise 2, not Futaba.

I can see where you're coming from, but I doubt she'll be as... persistent as Rise was.

What other characters are you hoping they turn out to not be?

Setsu00

I'm starting to believe that Anne is intentionally bland. Her cut-in is so ... normal compared to others. They all look crazy or angry, but Anne's is pretty much a P4 cut-in from a different angle.

Gecoma

Did the voice acting seem super inconsistent to anyone else? As in not even there half the time. I thought that they said it would be fully voiced a few months ago. You would think that stuff would be finalised by now, & if Japan ain't getting full VA then what hope do we have.

Everything else looks great though.

convo

In all fairness, the spinoffs haven't inspired confidence in their current character writing skills.

In all honesty i simply can not take more of the P4 cast. There was a limit on how much you can get out of the same characters that are stuck in one time frame through spin-offs.
New characters, angrier characters should be a source of more exciting character developement.

Squire

Banned

image.php

Top Bottom