• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

Nenilein seems to be translating some of the scenes for those interested in the dialogue. The maid one was actually pretty funny.

http://nenilein.tumblr.com/

-Futuba thinks SciFi might be real one day and asks you to marathon a series (let's be real it's anime) with her one day. What a delightful dork, I love her.

-You can
get suspended.
. HARD. CORE.

-P5-kun and Ryuji are just watching Soccer in his room. He gushes about overseas soccer and the like. I agree with Neni, it's surprisingly cute.

-Maid cafes. Maid Cafes. MEIDO CA-FE. Made Ca-fait.

-Morgana is attached to the protagonist's hip. Hmm...

Lunar15

1. Futaba is real short. She looks like a 6 year old next to MC.

2. Everything keeps confirming that Yusuke is going to be the fan-favorite. He's a real show stealer.

3. The battle videos seem to confirm my theory that there'd be multiple, contex-based battle themes. PV2 seems to be the surprise attack theme (which makes sense, given that the lyrics sound like "they'll never see you coming") Whereas the theme from the most recent PV seems to be the standard battle theme.

4. I said I was going to stop watching things, but I'm a god damn addict. I only watched the two battle spots though and only glanced at screenshots for everything else. I'm doomed come September.

Lunar15

I absolutely love the MC in casual clothes. It's a strong design and honestly tops Yu, which I didn't think was possible.

That said, all of the colors in the screenshots I saw seemed really muted and dark. Just going to assume that's the power of a garbage Nico Nico stream?

@Dantis: I don't get a Rise feeling at all from Anne. She doesn't really seem jovial/peppy in the way that Rise was. Seems slightly closer to Yukari if I had to absolutely compare it to anything.

I absolutely love the MC in casual clothes. It's a strong design and honestly tops Yu, which I didn't think was possible.

That said, all of the colors in the screenshots I saw seemed really muted and dark. Just going to assume that's the power of a garbage Nico Nico stream?

Stream quality is definitely hampering the pop of the visuals. Just rewatch the official PV uploads on Atlus' YT channel and you'll see the difference.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
PV2 was originally only available via that DVD included with the Japanese CE of Dancing All Night, as I recall, and Atlus was pretty hard on people uploading it to Youtube and the like in the following days.

It is now being shown publicly.

And now we know why they never showed it before. The trailer is cursed and broke the stream.
OOOOOOOOOH Thanks.

I still hate him.

Acid08

Banned
No it wasn't

Persona 4 didn't revolve around which waifu you choose to fuck

And the logistics behind would be absurd

They'd have to change so much dialogue
image.php

fire-vector.png

Mediking

Anybody else think a Persona version of Suicide Squad would be super cool? A bunch of anti-heroes and anti-heroines that's kinda forced to do "good" stuff even though they originally don't wanna.

And dear God!!! Persona 3 Portable OST.... MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else think a Persona version of Suicide Squad would be super cool? A bunch of anti-heroes and anti-heroines that's kinda forced to do "good" stuff even though they originally don't wanna.

And dear God!!! Persona 3 Portable OST.... MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do hope you're not referring to past villains from other games, otherwise we might have to get you hauled off for re-education.

it did largely revolve around the building of relationships though, and none of that was carried into the spinoffs, creating a jarring story separation.
Persona 4 revolved around an interesting story, well-written dialogue, and good, well-rounded characters, so maybe we should wait for the spinoffs to catch onto those things first.

EDIT: Back to not reading this thread to avoid P5 stuff.

CrazyDude

@Dantis: I don't get a Rise feeling at all from Anne. She doesn't really seem jovial/peppy in the way that Rise was. Seems slightly closer to Yukari if I had to absolutely compare it to anything.

Apparently you will be able to change his causal cloths to different ones.

Dantis

Her AoA picture is super, super reminiscent of Rise.

Sorry for disrupting the P5 talk for a second, but with all the discord and violence in the world lately I thought about how it feels a bit like the end of Persona 3. Not that I'm saying uh...an apocalypse is coming or anything.. but it does feel like there's so much negative energy in the air.

Just saw the new P5 gameplay. Now I really want a profile picture of the Morgana's All Out Attack finish. Has that been done? Anyone taking requests? Small chance but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance!

DNAbro

The only things I want to see/know from the game now are
- Goro's Persona/Thief Outfit
- If we can date guys
- As much music as possible.

Zolo

The only things I want to see/know from the game now are
- Goro's Persona/Thief Outfit
- If we can date guys
- As much music as possible.

Yusuke seemed to be looking at Makoto in the car scene, so it'll have to be seen where things end up.

I like how they are still acting as if nobody knew that Goro would become the 9th party member.

Goro's a party member?!!!!!!!!! I thought he was an antagonist???????

He even gets shafted in the OP, although Makoto and Haru don't get that much more time there either.

Zolo

Goro's a party member?!!!!!!!!! I thought he was an antagonist???????

He even gets shafted in the OP, although Makoto and Haru don't get that much more time there either.

He's on the cover of the box.

Well, if we somehow get another version of Persona 5 with a Female MC side...but at the moment...probably not?

I know P4 got praised for the writing regarding Kanji and Naoto regarding
sexuality and gender
issues but I really don't know why some people are still going on with the idea of dating the same sex.

I'm all for equality and all, but I don't think people should expect Atlus to do that just because they have touched *slightly* on the issue in the past
and even scrapped what seemed like a Yosuke route
and add things just for the sake of adding stuff.

It's more hope than anything. Of course, there's still a good amount of people who think Kanji is gay (or at least that's what his issue was) and that Naoto is trans (Or think that's what her story that Atlus back out of was).

Zolo

Not only that, he was clearly visible in the image when they first presented the Persona 3 and Persona 4 school uniform DLC for the characters.

Yeah. It's just that most people playing may not see that image while he's clearly on the cover for everyone to see.

DNAbro

Well, if we somehow get another version of Persona 5 with a Female MC side...but at the moment...probably not?

I know P4 got praised for the writing regarding Kanji and Naoto regarding
sexuality and gender
issues but I really don't know why some people are still going on with the idea of dating the same sex.

I'm all for equality and all, but I don't think people should expect Atlus to do that just because they have touched *slightly* on the issue in the past
and even scrapped what seemed like a Yosuke route
and add things just for the sake of adding stuff.

I'm not expecting Atlus to do it, but I want them to. I don't see a reason why they couldn't if they can make narratives that makes sense with it. It also allows them to tackle themes that are somewhat questionable in Japanese society.

I've said this before but the last thing I want is for Ryuji to be datable with the excuse "I'm 100% straight but I'm only gay for you Joker-kun."

Yusuke seemed to be looking at Makoto in the car scene, so it'll have to be seen where things end up.

Most likely candidate. I'm also slightly hoping that Cooperation guy Yuki as well.

EDIT: As one note, I don't think we have confirmation of dating anyone yet correct?

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Debating whether or not I should watch the P5 opening. Leaning on not.

And man, I seriously hope there are very little perv scenes in the game. That joke's been done to death in Japanese animation.

MSMrRound

Yusuke's an unusual person. He's obviously more interested in backs than boobs.

Yusuke's a bit of a goofy weirdo, which isn't too surprising considering the characters Sugita had voiced (e.g Gintoki from Gintama, Gundam Tanaka from Danganronpa 2).

The drive in the desert was in the hot sun, so both Ann and Makoto's school uniforms were drenched in sweat, making them kinda see through. From what I noted he seems to be more looking at Makoto's bra strap from the back out of curiosity (and well..maybe being a healthy male teenager).

Not trying to be a creep here, just adding on what I observed.

And man, I seriously hope there are very little perv scenes in the game. That joke's been done to death in Japanese animation.

Persona 3's Beach Babe Hunt, hotel scene, hot spring infiltration+ Yosuke's coming on strong to Saki senpai, school camping trip swimsuits and the visit to Amagi inn along with Persona 5's Ryuji's oogling at the beach+the new Morganamobile scene suggests that the trend's going to continue. A bit unfortunate, but these kind of scenes are still very much very common in Japanese media.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Igor has a puppy

I'm liking the Velvet Room in this game.

Persona 3's Beach Babe Hunt, hotel scene, hot spring infiltration+ Yosuke's coming on strong to Saki senpai, school camping trip swimsuits and the visit to Amagi inn along with Persona 5's Ryuji's oogling at the beach+the new Morganamobile scene suggests that the trend's going to continue. A bit unfortunate, but these kind of scenes are still very much very common in Japanese media.

I'm seriously wondering do people in Japan still think this joke is funny after seeing it for the 1000th time? I mean, I have little problem with the joke itself (as long as it doesn't go too far) but man, you'd think they'd get tired of using the same joke over and over again, or at least change it up a little somehow.

Top Bottom